• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

We'll put Tay on Wade and roll help his way with either Chauncy or Rip...we'll harass him the way we're harassing Iverson.

not to mention that wade will more than likely be chasing hamilton all over the floor defensively. the longer the series goes, the more worn down he will become. at wade's age, it won't be as much of a factor, however running around screens that much will wear anyone out.

Assuming its Miami vs Detroit you have to pick Detroit. The longer the series goes the easier it will get for Detroit. Miami doesn't have near the depth of Detroit. Yes, Miami has Haslem, Damon Jones, and Eddie Jones but thats about it, and that isn't much. If our bench plays well we will win for sure. Wade can't keep up with Rip..No one can. Rip is way to fast. The No Fly Zone (Sheed/Ben/Dys/Elden) will shut down Shaq (just like last year). And the main reason why we will win is because of coaching. Larry is way better then Van Gundy. No one even knows if Van Gundy is a good coach because he has Shaq on his team.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Well we beat the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, and Phil Jackson.... so logically we should be able to beat the heat with shaq, wade, and van gundy.

i'll be shocked if the pistons win game 3 (pleasantly shocked i might add). they never seem to put people away when they have the chance. i can see them coming out all cocky, assuming they will win and not doing the little things that have gotten them to be the team that they are.

i'll be shocked if the pistons win game 3 (pleasantly shocked i might add). they never seem to put people away when they have the chance. i can see them coming out all cocky, assuming they will win and not doing the little things that have gotten them to be the team that they are.

If it was the regular season sure that would happen....any bets that they beat them again by 15+ points?

If it was the regular season sure that would happen....any bets that they beat them again by 15+ points?

i hope i'm wrong. but i'd take that bet in a heartbeat. you've got one team that thinks they can't be beaten and one team with their backs against the wall going home to one of the more vocal crowds in the league. the pistons are due for a letdown.

New Jersey BLEW that game last night, so much for my upset pick.

Look, the Pistons learned from last year against the Bucks or some other team, they went up 2-0 and I think it ended up going 6 or 7 games, just as they learned from last year when they came out flat in the second game. Look what happened the other night. The Pistons will not let down and they will not lose. The ONLY way Philly will win is if Iverson drops 55 points, and to do that he will have to take about 60-70 shots.

Well, that team was sabotaged by Kobe Bryant. Believe me, in that series, Kobe was NOT an asset to that "team".

Kobe was the reason they won game 2.

When our bench (McDyess) isn't firing, we're in touble. Outscored 21-2! Their on 113, that's unacceptable.

Eh, when Philly is hitting every shot they take in the second half you can't expect anything else. They went something like 12-13/15 that fourth quarter. They [Pistons] were putting hands in everyone faces it's just that Philly was knocking down everything.

When the bench isn't firing they are in trouble? How do you figure that one out? Just using one game? Iverson played EVERY minute in that game, you think LB is going to put in Arroyo or Hunter for long periods of time to counter that? I don't think so. So you are saying that if the bench isn't "firing" they have little to no chance at going deep into the playoffs?

Philly won't hit everything they throw up next game and they will lose, it's as simple as that. But everyone start panicing and all that good stuff anyways.

*EDIT* And the deeper they will go the less the bench will play. If the game is close they will start subbing in to let the starters get breathers and that's about it. If the game is more wide open they may get more time. Diceman and Arroyo are the only people I see getting around 15 minutes.

Edited by dallas27

I wouldn't panic. In fact, I'm not surprised we lost this one, although we did have a pretty good 1st half. I look for the Pistons to really take control and put a stamp on the series with a win in Philly in game 4.

Like I said right before the series started - my prediction is 4-1, Pistons win.

Get 'em next time, Pistons!

I think the Pistons lost on purpose just to make sure that they could win the series at home, haha. laugh.gif

Nawww, they did it to plant a seed of doubtfullness in everyones mind for them going far so everyone can still continue to jump on the Miami Heat bandwaggon.

you owe me a beer. biggrin.gif

Really? How do you figure that one out? Any bets doesn't signify a bet is placed, so enlighten me.

Anyways, about 6 minutes left and I already know they are going to lose? Why? Officiating, it's simply horrendous, my dad who is also a basketball ref agrees with me. It is getting downright sick to watch a Pistons game now. My dad counted 3 fouls on Philly within a 3-4 minute span, don't even get started on calls that are going against Detroit. And is traveling out of the rulebook now? Are refs fined if they call traveling? Iverson is the king of travelling, Weber should have been called for travelling on numerous occasions to.

Of course I blame the officiating on Stern. Just becuase he doesn't like the Pistons style of basketball doesn't mean he should (a) change rules just for the sole purpose of making it harder for Detroit to play defense and (cool.gif give refs the "hint" of what the refs shouldn't and should call, if I were him I would be ashamed. Sorry that you are a rating ***** Stern and think that the only way to get ratings is to have a superstar *cough* SHAQ *cough* in the finals.

Really? How do you figure that one out? Any bets doesn't signify a bet is placed, so enlighten me.

Anyways, about 6 minutes left and I already know they are going to lose? Why? Officiating, it's simply horrendous, my dad who is also a basketball ref agrees with me. It is getting downright sick to watch a Pistons game now. My dad counted 3 fouls on Philly within a 3-4 minute span, don't even get started on calls that are going against Detroit. And is traveling out of the rulebook now? Are refs fined if they call traveling? Iverson is the king of travelling, Weber should have been called for travelling on numerous occasions to.

Of course I blame the officiating on Stern. Just becuase he doesn't like the Pistons style of basketball doesn't mean he should (a) change rules just for the sole purpose of making it harder for Detroit to play defense and (cool.gif give refs the "hint" of what the refs shouldn't and should call, if I were him I would be ashamed. Sorry that you are a rating ***** Stern and think that the only way to get ratings is to have a superstar *cough* SHAQ *cough* in the finals.

i was kidding. did you notice the smiley face after what i said? plus if you notice my next post after yours i said i would take that bet in a hearbeat. obviously it wasn't a bet. geez.

btw, i don't agree with the conspiracy theory against the pistons. sorry. there were horrible calls both ways. yes, i agree, i thought more worked out against the pistons but that's the way it goes sometimes.