• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

Dang...the Spurs are one good looking team...

Depends on which Pistons team shows up. That first quarter was everything but the Spurs and want to know why? The Pistons had Sheed invovled, they have such an easier time and seem to play so much better on both ends of the court when he is going. When they start to shy away from him well, game 1 happens. But if you look at the games Sheed gets like 15+ points a game it is a blowout win for the Stones so they MUST get him involved. I mean they were beating the Spurs fukkin 20-4, there is no way the Pisotns should have lost that game. Guards start taking too many shots, refs start sucking ass like they usually do, but the refs don't really matter when you aren't hitting any shots. The Pistons had like 4 points in a 7 minute span not to mention Rip missing 4 easy layups, this should be a rule, when you are a proffesional basketball player and you can reach up and just throw the ball down in the hoop, you aren't allowed to miss free throws.

Oh well, Pistons gonna come out and shoot 45% on Sunday and destroy the Spurs, win game 3, lose game 4, and then win game 5 and 6...From what I saw in that first quarter and saw the way the Pistons can manhandle the Spurs I have full confidence in the above.

I really think Prince has to step up. During the last half of the regular season, he was on fire, consistantly scoring 20+ pts. In the playoffs though, he just can't seem to get going. WE NEED YOU NOW PRINCE!!!

32 points in the second half for the Pistons.

San Antonio had 29 in the 4th quarter.

Both teams shot poorly but the Spurs beat up the Pistons on the boards.

The shooting should be better for game 2 for both teams. I like the Spurs to protect home court and go to Detroit with a 2-0 lead.

From what I saw in that first quarter and saw the way the Pistons can manhandle the Spurs I have full confidence in the above.

Games aren't won in the 1st quarter. Both teams came out tentative and turned the ball over early. The Pistons made their shots in the first quarter but as the game moved on the Spurs were able to adjust and defend what was thrown at them.

Games aren't won in the 1st quarter. Both teams came out tentative and turned the ball over early. The Pistons made their shots in the first quarter but as the game moved on the Spurs were able to adjust and defend what was thrown at them.

Really? They aren't? Man, good thing you said that becuase I thought they were, thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious. It's more like the Pistons stopped hitting shots, they had wide open looks nearly every shot but couldn't hit them.

The Pistons did not come out "tentative" they were real aggressive in that first quarter/half hence all their steals, blocks, and buckets but seemed to die down after that. I was using the first quarter as an example of how well the Pistons can play, that is when Sheed is involved, he was responsible for many of those steals, blocks, and buckets in the early going, but they faded away from him and in turn so did the game.

*EDIT* I think the Pistons only had 2-3 turnovers in the first half...

Edited by dallas27

Couple more thoughts to add...

-I was listening to the radio today...some national program based in the westcoast. They said Duncan's gonna get his...just put Rasheed on him and let Duncan get what he can. But...the Pistons MUST stop Parker and Ginobili from waltzing through the lane. They talked about how Jerome James of the Sonics told his team to hammer them when they came into the lane...James did his part, but the rest of the Sonics did not. But when James was in the game hammering them, they both turned into ******* and didn't come near the lane. James wasn't trying to intentionally hurt them...he just wanted to make them feel intense pain and fear every time they came into the lane...and if that meant he or another Sonic got a flagrant foul, so be it. I think the Pistons gotta do the same thing. Ben, 'Sheed, Antonio, or whoever is manning the lane...FUKIN MURDER Parker and Ginobili when the decide to drive! Go old school on them...Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, etc. Lets go vintage Bad Boys Pistons!

-Offense...I can't stress enough how important 'Sheed will be in this series. Many analysts noted that Duncan simply cannot do anything about 'Sheed. 'Sheed just shoots right over the top of Duncan, plain and simple. And early on, the analysts were right...Duncan looked helpless. But then...'Sheed got only a few more touches the rest of the night. WTF?!?!?! It was either Larry Brown or Chauncy Billups that said on radio that a mistake was made...and that it's the backcourts job to make sure they get 'Sheed and the front court the ball. SO DO IT!!!!! Keep feeding 'Sheed down low!

-Pass, pass, pass. Make the extra pass. I said this late in the Miami series. We need to do it again, this time against the Spurs. We don't have dynamic, super star caliber player that can create their own shot. We need to move the ball...and we gotta move well without the ball. Otherwise, our offense is DOOMED! We looked TERRIBLE when we stopped moving against the Heat...we did some of the same in game 1 against the Spurs. Cut it out...move the ball, and move around.

-Some individuals have to step up. Ben Wallace is NOT getting it done. Rip needs to fight through Bowen...and MAKE THE SHOT!!!! Many many times he actually got free of Bowen, got the ball, and bricked wide open shots. You CANNOT do that in the NBA FINALS!!!!!!! Tayshuan needs to steop up a little too.

-Larry Brown needs to step up. He put our reserves in too early in some quarters...and left them in too long. The Spurs feasted on our backups for at least one stretch that I remember. Oh...and DO NOT play Carlos Arroyo under ANY circumstances! He's TERRIBLE!

Edited by johnogrodnickfanclub

Well folks, just a little longer before the tip-off of game 2. Hopefully the Pistons will pull out victorious this one. I'll admit..I'm a bit nervous this game..so...

LET'S GO PISTONS!! unsure.gif

IMO the key against the Spurs will be how well we defend Ginobili.

Well half way through Game 2 and we haven't figured out a way yet. Maybe it's just an adjustment period when it comes to defending a dynamic lefty, 'cause otherwise there's some major problems.

Offensively we simply don't have any game-breakers. Normally our patience in our offensive sets allows us to score enough points, but the Spurs rotate so well (it sure as hell doesn't help when Popovich knows LB's playbook inside out) that our patience is being tested.

I concur, congrats to the 2005 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

Billups- He is playing incredibly pathetic, can't even make a decent pass, can't hold on to the ball, couldn't make a shot if his life depended on it. He has four turnovers at 1/2 time. USELESS!!!

Hamilton- Well I could go on forever. I can't think of too many games when Rip has played worse. I know he's got Bowen defending him, but surely he has to do more. Oh and he is being outscored by Bowen too.

Prince- When his contract expires, should we resign him? He is totally inneffective, has shot 0-4, always seems to force shots, and he has been lazy out there. Huge dissapointment during the playoffs, when it really matters.

Ben- Not desperate enough. Has 3 rebounds at half time, cant' shoot a free throw.

McDyess is the only one who is playing well, and Rasheed has been OK.

Man that was one ugly half of basketball... blink.gif Not sure I can stomach the grand finale - but I'll try to hang in there for awhile... yikes Larry Brown needs to get ahold of this team. Nuggets and Suns were each able to at least take a game at San Antonio...Pistons just look totally lost out there.... unsure.gif

Aussie, you say McDyess is the only one playing good right now?...Not by a long shot...The whole team is being raped. They look as if they don't know what to do!

I hope the Pistons win 2 so the Spurs wont have to win in Detroit...

Embarrasing....

I'm tellin you...like I posted a bit above...we gotta punish anyone that comes drivin to the lane...

I aint fukin around...I really mean hammer them! I want the Spur to be woozy...maybe even knocked out for a minute. We NEED Bad Boys, 1989/1990 Pistons basketball...we need Laimbeer, Mahorn type of nastiness...

Make this the ugliest game ever...if we gotta win the game 58-57, so be it...

Edited by johnogrodnickfanclub

Wow. I mean, this is just plain BAD basketball. A seriously embarrassing series.

Not just one blow out game, but two blowout games in a row?

The Pistons haven't even been close in this game.

They're 17 points down now.

Vladdy16, I bet you're really missing your Wings now, bud. Your little diversion is fading really, really fast.