• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cruiser008

Detroit Pistons (and NBA) Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

probably because he has no faith in the team and already awarded the spurs the championship before the series was even played.

Besides being a Michigan fan which is nearly unforgivable...I think JohnO was not alone in his sentiment that the Pistons were blowing it. They are not a team for the faint of heart and I believe he was merely venting his feelings. Who amongst us hasnt counted our team out after a bad showing only to feel better about it the next day and remain optimistic. The day after Game 5 I figured we were done with, until Tuesday I had the feeling that I just knew we were gonna win. So I'm just saying, cut the guy some slack, after all, its just basketball.

Everyone sees the same thing you guys were seeing from Detroit, more heart and desire.

San Antonio is a shell of the team that dominated the first 2 games. I don't see how they can refind themselves after getting smacked around the past 5 games.

Again, find me that crow image and get me a salt shaker for it.

May the better team tonight win.....and push us one step closer to what really matters.

The National Football League

Well, GWG, since it seems as if you are asking for a nice plate of crow before the game is on, I found one for you. Not sure if it's the one you are looking for, but it's a good size one!

user posted image

user posted image

Interesting. wink.gif

If the Pistons win Game 7, I will eat that crow baby. Just dont forget to pass the salt!

Don't laugh if you see Parker waving a white flag tonight....yes he is from France...

laugh.gif

probably because he has no faith in the team and already awarded the spurs the championship before the series was even played.

Besides being a Michigan fan which is nearly unforgivable...I think JohnO was not alone in his sentiment that the Pistons were blowing it. They are not a team for the faint of heart and I believe he was merely venting his feelings. Who amongst us hasnt counted our team out after a bad showing only to feel better about it the next day and remain optimistic. The day after Game 5 I figured we were done with, until Tuesday I had the feeling that I just knew we were gonna win. So I'm just saying, cut the guy some slack, after all, its just basketball.

oh, hey i realize that, but if you guys have the freedom to have that opinion, i can have the opposite of it.

The Detroit Free Press had asked posters to give their best 'Front Page Headline' SHOULD Detroit win tonight... a bunch had things like "REPEAT!" and "This is what we do!". Here are few of the... um more creative ones.

Spurs fold in front of Full House

Darko 2

LeBron, Carmelo, Wade 0

We Messed with Texas!

Man I CAN'T wait for tip-off!

Here we go boys, lets have a good game.

win or lose it's been a great playoffs, and what a great matchup it's been for the finals.

LETS MAKE IT TWO IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so frusterating. The spurs get a second chance on everything and the pistons are going to have trouble with fouls because any contact is a fould apparently.

The Spurs are just making every single shot they need to, that's the only difference. 2:40 left, we need to pick it up or pack it up, I can't believe Chauncey only has 10 points, Duncan is just having a monster game at the right time.

Dammit...sorry to be negative, but the Spurs played a great game today. When they needed to start sinking shots at the end of the game, they got it. Duncan stepped it up and played remarkably. I'm sad to see the Pistons couldn't do it, but I guess that's the way it goes. sad.gif

Anyone think Larry Brown will be back next season? I don't think he will be...

One of our problems were was we ran into some *serious* foul trouble early on in the game, and 'Sheed nor Chauncy could make anything. That was not going as planned. Big Ben played pretty well, but obviously one guy can't carry the entire team, especially at high stakes like this.

Oh well, better luck next year Pistons. It was a very, very entertaining series to say the least, and just an all-around very nice season/playoff run! thumbup.gif

Edit: Oh, and I'm not saying that I am glad the Spurs one, but hey dallas27, it looks like JohnO was right. Now what are you going to have to say to him? Afterall, you said after the Pistons win, he wouldn't be able to post on this board about the Pistons anymore...so, now what's going to happen?

Edited by Naslund19

Ah well, was a good series. We gave it a great shot, no one expected us to get this far in the playoffs. The Spurs just happened to be the better team tonight. Tim Duncan finally showed that he was the best player on the floor. We'll be back though.

Ah well, was a good series. We gave it a great shot, no one expected us to get this far in the playoffs. The Spurs just happened to be the better team tonight. Tim Duncan finally showed that he was the best player on the floor. We'll be back though.

Oh, no doubt. The Pistons did a lot of things this past playoff run that not a lot of people expected. We gave it our all and now it's just time to make some minor adjustments and try for it again next year.

The Spurs were the better team, they did everything they had to do to win this series, and not taking ANYTHING away from the Spurs, but they SHOULD'VE won this game being at home. As far as I'm concered we lost this game when we lost game 5, that was our game 7 and we blew it. People seem to think the Pistons won't be back next year or something, we'll be back, hell, the Spurs didn't win their 2nd until 4 years later.

"We didn't lose the game, we just ran out of gas at the end".

Honestly though Game 5 was what really killed us, I don't know if even the Pistons last year (or the Lakers championship teams for that matter) could have won two games in San Antonio. *Sigh*... sad.gif

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs; they were the better team tonight.

I thnk the main issue is that the Pistons just ran out of gas in the fourth quarter...25 games and all. Sheed kicked ass in the fourth though...

I would have rather seen Darko play than freakin Dupree or Ham though.

Plus, Darko might have been a good choice when Sheed and McDyess were both out with foulr trouble and Rip was playing forward. Prince wasn't able to guard Duncan because of size and Duncan posted a bunch. A 7 foot white guy might have helped a little.

a very disappointing loss for sure, but a great season and effort thumbup.gif

what happened to chauncey billups? he was almost invisible tonight sad.gif

oh well, they showed everyone that last year wasn't a fluke, they will be back next year thumbup.gif