• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#21 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

Rookie Carlos Delfino has told reporters in his native Argentina that he is done with Larry Brown and done with the Pistons.

"They used me, they treated me like trash," Delfino said in an English translation of the stories posted on FIBA.com. "They should transfer me or cut me. From this place, I have the worst memories of my career, and I want to go back home. For this guy (Brown), I will not play anymore. And I don't want to stay here."

The Pistons think Delfino has the potential to be a good player and would love to see what he can do with a full season. In other words, they may not be done with him.

Interesting article. He has basically been nothing but trouble the entire season. I think he did show some promise though, and I hope we persist with him.

Detroit versus Philly, not long to go now........

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#22 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:54 AM

He has an enourmous amount of potential, too bad he feels that way though, it's his own fault. How does he figure they used him lol? He was out for 90% of the season. I used to stick up for Delfino but after this I'm not quite sure, he's just being a little baby about this.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#23 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

Delfino has a lot of potential. But he's a whiny ***** ass little ***** that needs to beat down with a stick! I HATE his attitude. And because of his attitude, thus far I HATE him as a player.

Edited by johnogrodnickfanclub, 23 April 2005 - 11:53 AM.

user posted image

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

Boy are the refs trying to keep philly in this game. Iverson's new name is TI for Traveling Iverson....sooooo many travels it's ridiculous. They messed up Tayshauns block and counted Webers basket that hit the shot clock and that's just a few of the bad calls. Horrible. I have a feeling it's going to be like this for the Pistons though, Stern does not want to superstarless Final matchup (SA and Det)....

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#25 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ April 23, 2005 - 04:58PM)
I have a feeling it's going to be like this for the Pistons though, Stern does not want to superstarless Final matchup (SA and Det)....

not to mention the league is trying to making harder and harder for teams to play defense! the NBA does NOT like teams like detroit and san antonio! die stern die! you die and go to hell!!!!
user posted image

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 whitneydatsyukrox

whitneydatsyukrox

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:04 PM

Wow Detroit played crappy in the 1rst quarter. Now it's the middle of the 3rd, and they're up by 12. McDyess and Sheed are playing great. thumbup.gif
Canadian WINGS fan

"Boyd Devereaux is like a *** on a man. The coaches should take his stick away and say "Just go out there and confuse 'em."- Scott Lucidi, March 2004
Classic.

#27 Rampage_Winger

Rampage_Winger

I can't wait to be old enough to feel ways about stuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

Tayshaun is a beast.
lol hugz

#28 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (johnogrodnickfanclub @ April 23, 2005 - 05:03PM)
not to mention the league is trying to making harder and harder for teams to play defense! the NBA does NOT like teams like detroit and san antonio! die stern die! you die and go to hell!!!!

Tell me about it, this is just me but the Detroit-San Antonio games are my personal favs to watch. I'd rather watch a trench fight 75-80 game rather than a 110-118 game. Same goes for hockey with me as well, give me a 1-0 game rather than a 4-5 game. It's all about suspense with me, there is no suspense in high scoring games.

#29 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (johnogrodnickfanclub @ April 23, 2005 - 12:53PM)
Delfino has a lot of potential. But he's a whiny ***** ass little ***** that needs to beat down with a stick! I HATE his attitude. And because of his attitude, thus far I HATE him as a player.

I like the way you think!

(Brings out the trusty whacking stick)

Oh btw interesting game... it's was almost like the Pistons spotted the 76ers a 16 point 1st quarter lead before they took off their warmup pants and brought the pain.

#30 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:25 PM

Wow! Nuggets took out the Spurs on the road tonight! Hello upset!

Detroit Pistons 2004-2005 NBA Champions.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#31 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (johnogrodnickfanclub @ April 23, 2005 - 12:53PM)
Delfino has a lot of potential. But he's a whiny ***** ass little ***** that needs to beat down with a stick! I HATE his attitude.

tell us how you really feel though.

i think the pistons are better this year than they were last year. mcdyess, a comfortable, healthy rasheed, the new and improved tayshaun. last year every series was a struggle except the lakers series. the pistons were frustrating because they never seemed to deliver the knockout blow. it will be interesting to see if they do it this year.
predictions:
pistons over 76ers in 5
pistons over bullets in 6
pistons over heat in 7
pistons over spurs (not if duncan doesn't get healthy very quickly) in 6

Hasek is becoming iconic in my mind

#32 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Pistons 2-0!

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#33 labeau55

labeau55

The one and only

• PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

Thats bad for the Sixers, even Darko got to play.

Lets Go Pistons!!!!!!

#34 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:12 PM

Prince is amazing.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#35 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (therock48880 @ April 25, 2005 - 06:49PM)
pistons over bullets in 6

laugh.gif Now that's old school...

#36 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (labeau55 @ April 26, 2005 - 10:36PM)
Thats bad for the Sixers, even Darko got to play.

Lets Go Pistons!!!!!!

Darko also had a little toughness too biggrin.gif

#37 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Mattias19 @ April 26, 2005 - 11:17PM)
laugh.gif Now that's old school...

lol. i didn't even realize i did that. i should have know better. i mean, "bullets" is so politically incorrect and would lead to an increase in violence. rolleyes.gif

#38 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (labeau55 @ April 26, 2005 - 10:36PM)
even Darko got to play.

the human victory cigar even got a technical!

#39 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

He's learning from Rasheed. Tech fouls lead to great b-ball!

#40 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:55 AM

Another blowout and yet another poorly officiated game...some of the calls the refs make on the Pistons are ridiculous. Assuming it's a Miami Detroit ECF matchup I can only imagine the calls the Heat and Shaq would get, Stern would love to see Shaq in the finals soley for ratings...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users