• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#481 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:07 PM

Its cool how San Antonio gets 2 chances every posession.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#482 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

Pistons came to play........ thumbup.gif However, Darko will be in before you know it, 'cause the whole rest of the team's gonna foul out. mad.gif
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#483 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

This is so frusterating. The spurs get a second chance on everything and the pistons are going to have trouble with fouls because any contact is a fould apparently.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#484 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

goddam
Moral victories are for losers.

#485 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

The game has been GUTWRENCHING.

12 mins. left.

#486 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

Nothing kills me more than flopping in basketball..

achem.. ginobili...

did you guys see the one at the end of the 3rd?

#487 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

Hamilton ain't hittin' them well.... sad.gif

#488 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:31 PM

I'm losing confidence, with Chauncey only having 1 FG it's hard for us to point up a lot of points. Rip is also 5 of 17 sad.gif

#489 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:38 PM

Jesus Christ, it seems like the Spurs are hitting everything now. Got to give them credit though - they are playing some good ball.

Let's Go Pistons... unsure.gif

#490 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:38 PM

The Spurs are just making every single shot they need to, that's the only difference. 2:40 left, we need to pick it up or pack it up, I can't believe Chauncey only has 10 points, Duncan is just having a monster game at the right time.

#491 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:44 PM

I can't stand to watch the end...yikes.... unsure.gif

#492 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:50 PM

Chauncey gets it blocked at the 3 pt line, that's pretty much the story of the game.

#493 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:54 PM

Dammit...sorry to be negative, but the Spurs played a great game today. When they needed to start sinking shots at the end of the game, they got it. Duncan stepped it up and played remarkably. I'm sad to see the Pistons couldn't do it, but I guess that's the way it goes. sad.gif

Anyone think Larry Brown will be back next season? I don't think he will be...

One of our problems were was we ran into some *serious* foul trouble early on in the game, and 'Sheed nor Chauncy could make anything. That was not going as planned. Big Ben played pretty well, but obviously one guy can't carry the entire team, especially at high stakes like this.

Oh well, better luck next year Pistons. It was a very, very entertaining series to say the least, and just an all-around very nice season/playoff run! thumbup.gif

Edit: Oh, and I'm not saying that I am glad the Spurs one, but hey dallas27, it looks like JohnO was right. Now what are you going to have to say to him? Afterall, you said after the Pistons win, he wouldn't be able to post on this board about the Pistons anymore...so, now what's going to happen?

Edited by Naslund19, 23 June 2005 - 10:56 PM.

#494 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

Ah well, was a good series. We gave it a great shot, no one expected us to get this far in the playoffs. The Spurs just happened to be the better team tonight. Tim Duncan finally showed that he was the best player on the floor. We'll be back though.

#495 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:01 PM

What a s***ty second half....Spurs deserved to win and we deserved to lose. Good playoff run....just really disappointed right now. 9 point lead in the second half and then the team took a collective dump at half court. Time for hockey to come back.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#496 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ June 23, 2005 - 09:59PM)
Ah well, was a good series. We gave it a great shot, no one expected us to get this far in the playoffs. The Spurs just happened to be the better team tonight. Tim Duncan finally showed that he was the best player on the floor. We'll be back though.

Oh, no doubt. The Pistons did a lot of things this past playoff run that not a lot of people expected. We gave it our all and now it's just time to make some minor adjustments and try for it again next year.

#497 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

The Spurs were the better team, they did everything they had to do to win this series, and not taking ANYTHING away from the Spurs, but they SHOULD'VE won this game being at home. As far as I'm concered we lost this game when we lost game 5, that was our game 7 and we blew it. People seem to think the Pistons won't be back next year or something, we'll be back, hell, the Spurs didn't win their 2nd until 4 years later.

#498 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:07 PM

"We didn't lose the game, we just ran out of gas at the end".

Honestly though Game 5 was what really killed us, I don't know if even the Pistons last year (or the Lakers championship teams for that matter) could have won two games in San Antonio. *Sigh*... sad.gif

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs; they were the better team tonight.

#499 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:14 PM

I thnk the main issue is that the Pistons just ran out of gas in the fourth quarter...25 games and all. Sheed kicked ass in the fourth though...

I would have rather seen Darko play than freakin Dupree or Ham though.

Plus, Darko might have been a good choice when Sheed and McDyess were both out with foulr trouble and Rip was playing forward. Prince wasn't able to guard Duncan because of size and Duncan posted a bunch. A 7 foot white guy might have helped a little.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#500 daft_davy

daft_davy

hypnotic!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:27 PM

a very disappointing loss for sure, but a great season and effort thumbup.gif
what happened to chauncey billups? he was almost invisible tonight sad.gif

oh well, they showed everyone that last year wasn't a fluke, they will be back next year thumbup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users