• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#521 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (mattcorpolongo @ June 27, 2005 - 12:25PM)
Pistons will draft Salim Stoudomire..Small...But un-real shooting range..The best shooter in this years draft.

Arroyo needs to be gone, Mike James needs to be back...Corliss Williamson Needs to be back... Dupree needs to fine tune his game...Darko needs more playing time...Delfino needs to produce..Dunkin Darvin needs to exit...(BRING BACK SCORLESS CORLISS)...and MIKE JAMES!!!

Hate to disappoint ya but that will not happen....

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#522 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:33 PM

"Larry Loyalists wonder how the Pistons would ever survive without his influence from the bench. He's still an X-and-O ace, but the Pistons also need a coach who makes it a goal to make an NBA player out of Milicic. The Pistons are already younger than the Spurs. Imagine their depth if Carlos, Carlos and Darko reach their potential."

http://sports.espn.g...marc&id=2094534

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#523 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:25 PM

Hey everyone its good to be back... I was really disapointed I couldn't talk about the playoffs here. After every game I wanted to log on but because of computer problems and a new job its been hard, but hopfully I can stop by a little more now

Now on the Pistons.....

Like someone said we need Scorless Corlis back (did I just say that?) but I doubt it will happen. Things we need next year is Darko/Delifino to get better. Darko though will probally need an injury to get into the line-up. There is no way he will be better then Ben/Sheed/Dice.

Ham Slam, Hunter, Cambell will probally be gone. Hopfully Arroyo is gone as well because he is worthless. I hope Fransico Garcia is still available tommorow during the draft I think he would fit good coming off the bench for us. I saw a mock draft of us taking some French center. I hope not, I'm sick of us taking foreing players who we know nothing about. Salim Stodamire could be nice too, theres even a chance we could sign him as a FA if not drafted.

Dream Scenario (NEVER WILL HAPPEN)

We trade Darko to Portland for the 3rd pick and take Paul or D. Williams. Either could come off the bench for Billups (this is considering Hunter/Arroyo are gone)

Its good to be back!

#524 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:30 PM

Rumor is Detroit wants Alan Houston or Michael Finley or someone like them. I think Finley would be great for the Pistons. The problem is they both have HUGE contracts.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#525 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

Houston is suppose to be released tommorow, but I guess his huge contract will not be as high because of the new bargining agreement.

Speaking of high contracts, Arroyo has one and should go.......

On the radio rumor has it the Pistons will try to trade up and draft Charlie Villanueva from UCONN. I don't know hardly anything about this guy. Does anyone?

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 27 June 2005 - 05:56 PM.

#526 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

'They also seek a small forward who can back up Tayshaun Prince, and a big man who can learn under Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess.

We might as well say goodbye to Darko Milicic! Why would we be seeking another big man when we have an extremely talented teenager in Milicic? This makes no sense.

There are numerous changes I would make for next season. Release Campbell and Ham. Give Milicic 15-20 minutes a game next season, and Delfino 20-25. Dupree, if he remains a Piston, should get more time too to allow Prince to play less time. I dont care either way with Arroyo. I'm actually disappointed because there was so much positive hype when he arrived in Detroit, but he's been a huge failure to this point.

Another interesting read:
The Pistons plan on making pass / fail assessments on 2004 draft pick Rickey Paulding and 2003 pick Andreas Glyniadakis during the summer league in Las Vegas. Dumars said the team will either keep them after watching them work out or release their rights.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#527 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:59 AM

Charlie Villanueva
Birthdate: 8/24/84
NBA Position: Small Forward
College: Connecticut
Class: Sophomore
Ht: 6-11
Wt: 230

NBA Comparison: Lamar Odom

Stregnths: A strong all around talent. Charlie excels at passing the ball, scoring from the perimeter and handling the ball on the break. His inside/outside game makes him a virtual lock for a double-double every night. His athleticism makes him an excellent rebounder and perimeter defender. Scores his points from all over; his height allows to shoot over almost everyone on the outside and also allows him take the ball down low. He's just starting to live up to his unbelievable potential.

Weaknesses: A bit laid back at times, which leads to scoring in bunches and then going cold. Must understand that he will not always be the biggest and most athletic player on the floor. Strictly an inside talent, and could use some post development. Still soft at times, which leads to him being a weak interior defender. Not a great shot blocker, despite his athleticism and height. Needs to develop a killer instinct.

Notes: If Charlie ever plays with the intensity that his teammate, Luol Deng plays with, he would be unstoppable. Great size and skill, a player who does a bit of everything.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#528 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ June 28, 2005 - 08:57AM)
'They also seek a small forward who can back up Tayshaun Prince

There are numerous changes I would make for next season. Release Campbell and Ham.

Thats why I want the Pistons to draft Garcia from Louisville, he is the same type of player as Prince

As for Cambell- It's almost for sure he is retiring, and Ham Slam will be gone too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users