• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#41 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:23 PM

I'm glad to see the Pistons are up 2-0 in the series. I don't think they'll get the sweep, but if so, that'd be great too.

Anyway, I heard on the radio this morning that a fan was arrested last night for throwing a dime or something at AI. What a stupid thing to do, seriously. IMO, that just gives more of a bad name for Detroit fans. Makes you wonder...will Detroit fans ever learn to stop with their nonsence?

#42 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:21 PM

Untill now I have never reliezed how much of an idiot Allen Iverson is. He is the biggest sissy ever to play in the NBA. If I were the ref I would have a pack of tissues in my back pocket for when Iverson whines like a school girl.

I think this will be a clean sweep. I can't see the Pistons dropping a game to them.

#43 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

You know who I love watching? Antonio McDyess. He has turned up and let himself loose! You can CLEARLY see how he was an all star caliber player before his knees got torn up! His knees might prevent him from playing at all-star level for an entire season, getting starters minutes...but for a playoff run and betting bench minutes, he can turn it on and display all-star ability. My goodness, what a great signing!

If we can lock up Tayshuan and Ben this summer, man, we can seriously make another 3 or so runs at the title with this core!
user posted image

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (johnogrodnickfanclub @ April 27, 2005 - 06:46PM)
You know who I love watching? Antonio McDyess. He has turned up and let himself loose! You can CLEARLY see how he was an all star caliber player before his knees got torn up! His knees might prevent him from playing at all-star level for an entire season, getting starters minutes...but for a playoff run and betting bench minutes, he can turn it on and display all-star ability. My goodness, what a great signing!

If we can lock up Tayshuan and Ben this summer, man, we can seriously make another 3 or so runs at the title with this core!

He has pretty much been the spark for the Pistons the past two games to really let loose the fire. It seems they are getting off to an ok start and then Dice comes in and just absolutely lights the whole place up on BOTH defense and offense. The thing is though, it just isn't Dice who has stepped it up, Lindsey and Arroyo have been contributing a ton as well, especially Lindsey. It would real nice if Lindsey could hold out for a couple more years for us.

A lot of people are starting to ride on the Miami bandwaggon today becuase of Mourning's play the past 2 games and the fact that Shaq is only playing 25-30 minutes. I hate to disappoint them but the way the Pistons and the bench are playing right now and the way they are executing on both defense and offense, there ain't anybody that is stopping them. They also like to leave out that we got Mr. Elden Campbell back, the only person that knows Shaq like the back of his hand, that can tone Shaq down.

Edited by dallas27, 27 April 2005 - 06:16 PM.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#45 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

Probably getting a little ahead of ourselves...but Detroit v Miami, wouldn't that be fun?

Here's the thing about both the Pistons/76ers and Miami/NJ series: they're playing teams with a lot of question marks. We shouldn't get carried away seeing the Pistons roll the Sixers...cuz the Sixers just don't have enough guns to hang with the NBA elite. Similarly, watching Wade and Alonzo go off in games 1 and 2 against the Nets isn't anything to get very excited about...the only guy with the defensive ability to slow down Wade, Jefferson, is just coming back from injury and is not really fit to play...and Zoe going off means nothing cuz the Nets have utter filth in their front court to stop big men.

So I'm not gonna get too impressed by either team at this poing, at least not based on their performances against he Sixers and Nets.

However, I still think the Pistson and Heat are the best teams in the conference...and barring upsets, they'll both make it to the ECF.

What will happen in Detroit v Miami? We'll roll Rasheed, Ben, Dice, and Elden at Shaq. Elden is big enough and savvy enough to slow down Shaq, as he has done in the past...and when Elden gets in trouble, our four big men have a lot of fouls to give between them! We'll put Tay on Wade and roll help his way with either Chauncy or Rip...we'll harass him the way we're harassing Iverson. That leaves Udonis Haslem, Damon Jones, Eddie Jones, and Alonzo Mourning to try to beat us. Ain't gonna happen...not over a 7 game series.

Shoot, it'll be difficult for any team to beat Detroit. We're too good defensively...even if our offense doesn't show up, we can still beat you 82-80. Defense wins championships in every sport! Hockey, baseball, basketball, football!

And offensively...any one of Sheed, Chauncy, Rip, Tay, or Dice can go off for 20+ on any given night. They all have 20+ point offensive ability. Lindsay can ship in...Ben's good enough to take advantage of terrible matchups down low...Arroyo can pass the ball and knock a couple down himself...

This team is just so balanced...and has enough depth for the playoffs...

Oh, and I agree with Dallas about Lindsay! I remember some people dismissed him earlier in the season...and even during the off season, some people didn't think it was a priority to get him back. I disagreed. He was so effective last playoffs...and he's doing it again this playoffs. He's just so savvy on the defensive end...and he can be quite timely on the offensive end. I'd love for him to stick around for a couple more runs!
user posted image

#46 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Naslund19 @ April 27, 2005 - 03:23PM)
I'm glad to see the Pistons are up 2-0 in the series. I don't think they'll get the sweep, but if so, that'd be great too.

Anyway, I heard on the radio this morning that a fan was arrested last night for throwing a dime or something at AI. What a stupid thing to do, seriously. IMO, that just gives more of a bad name for Detroit fans. Makes you wonder...will Detroit fans ever learn to stop with their nonsence?

I just read about this. Kudos to the Detroit public in attendance for not escalating it further, and a big thumbdown.gif for fans who still don't get it, especially in Detroit after what happened months ago. Sorry if it sounds like I'm knocking the city, but there should never be incidents at Auburn Hills after what happened in the fall.

#47 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

just to correct you, it's FAN and INCIDENT, no plural.
Moral victories are for losers.

#48 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ April 27, 2005 - 07:20PM)

Just curious, Heaton -- are you correcting me or SWF?

#49 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ April 27, 2005 - 08:20PM)

I know it was just one fan, I guess I speak for everybody in every city as well in terms of fans who don't act responsibily during games.

#50 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Naslund19 @ April 27, 2005 - 09:21PM)
Just curious, Heaton -- are you correcting me or SWF?

both I guess, I was directly speaking to SWF, I didn't even read your post, but it goes the same for you as well. wink.gif
Moral victories are for losers.

#51 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (johnogrodnickfanclub @ April 27, 2005 - 07:54PM)
We'll put Tay on Wade and roll help his way with either Chauncy or Rip...we'll harass him the way we're harassing Iverson.

not to mention that wade will more than likely be chasing hamilton all over the floor defensively. the longer the series goes, the more worn down he will become. at wade's age, it won't be as much of a factor, however running around screens that much will wear anyone out.
Hasek is becoming iconic in my mind

#52 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:02 PM

Assuming its Miami vs Detroit you have to pick Detroit. The longer the series goes the easier it will get for Detroit. Miami doesn't have near the depth of Detroit. Yes, Miami has Haslem, Damon Jones, and Eddie Jones but thats about it, and that isn't much. If our bench plays well we will win for sure. Wade can't keep up with Rip..No one can. Rip is way to fast. The No Fly Zone (Sheed/Ben/Dys/Elden) will shut down Shaq (just like last year). And the main reason why we will win is because of coaching. Larry is way better then Van Gundy. No one even knows if Van Gundy is a good coach because he has Shaq on his team.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 28 April 2005 - 02:04 PM.

#53 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

Well we beat the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, and Phil Jackson.... so logically we should be able to beat the heat with shaq, wade, and van gundy.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#54 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ April 28, 2005 - 03:21PM)
Well we beat the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, and Phil Jackson.... so logically we should be able to beat the heat with shaq, wade, and van gundy.

Well, that team was sabotaged by Kobe Bryant. Believe me, in that series, Kobe was NOT an asset to that "team".
user posted image

#55 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

i'll be shocked if the pistons win game 3 (pleasantly shocked i might add). they never seem to put people away when they have the chance. i can see them coming out all cocky, assuming they will win and not doing the little things that have gotten them to be the team that they are.

#56 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (therock48880 @ April 28, 2005 - 05:43PM)
i'll be shocked if the pistons win game 3 (pleasantly shocked i might add). they never seem to put people away when they have the chance. i can see them coming out all cocky, assuming they will win and not doing the little things that have gotten them to be the team that they are.

If it was the regular season sure that would happen....any bets that they beat them again by 15+ points?

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#57 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ April 28, 2005 - 07:07PM)
If it was the regular season sure that would happen....any bets that they beat them again by 15+ points?

i hope i'm wrong. but i'd take that bet in a heartbeat. you've got one team that thinks they can't be beaten and one team with their backs against the wall going home to one of the more vocal crowds in the league. the pistons are due for a letdown.

#58 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:51 AM

Miami had their letdown game last night and still won...

Lets hope that the Pistons can pull it out even if they do have a let down game...
user posted image

#59 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:10 PM

New Jersey BLEW that game last night, so much for my upset pick.

Look, the Pistons learned from last year against the Bucks or some other team, they went up 2-0 and I think it ended up going 6 or 7 games, just as they learned from last year when they came out flat in the second game. Look what happened the other night. The Pistons will not let down and they will not lose. The ONLY way Philly will win is if Iverson drops 55 points, and to do that he will have to take about 60-70 shots.

#60 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (johnogrodnickfanclub @ April 28, 2005 - 03:40PM)
Well, that team was sabotaged by Kobe Bryant. Believe me, in that series, Kobe was NOT an asset to that "team".

Kobe was the reason they won game 2.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users