527 replies to this topic

#61 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:12 PM

Game 3 slipping away...

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#62 mattcorpolongo

mattcorpolongo

He is Detroit

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:33 PM

Well, I don't even know what to say about this game....Philly has hit almost every shot they've taken in the 2 half. Detroit has completly lost control of this game...

#63 whitneydatsyukrox

whitneydatsyukrox

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

Detroit was owning this game until the about the 2nd half. I thought that they would lose, but not when they had control over the game and a fairly comfortable game. They'd better win the next one in Philly.
Canadian WINGS fan

"Boyd Devereaux is like a *** on a man. The coaches should take his stick away and say "Just go out there and confuse 'em."- Scott Lucidi, March 2004
Classic.

#64 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

When our bench (McDyess) isn't firing, we're in touble. Outscored 21-2! Their on 113, that's unacceptable.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#65 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ April 29, 2005 - 10:39PM)
When our bench (McDyess) isn't firing, we're in touble. Outscored 21-2! Their on 113, that's unacceptable.

Eh, when Philly is hitting every shot they take in the second half you can't expect anything else. They went something like 12-13/15 that fourth quarter. They [Pistons] were putting hands in everyone faces it's just that Philly was knocking down everything.

When the bench isn't firing they are in trouble? How do you figure that one out? Just using one game? Iverson played EVERY minute in that game, you think LB is going to put in Arroyo or Hunter for long periods of time to counter that? I don't think so. So you are saying that if the bench isn't "firing" they have little to no chance at going deep into the playoffs?

Philly won't hit everything they throw up next game and they will lose, it's as simple as that. But everyone start panicing and all that good stuff anyways.

*EDIT* And the deeper they will go the less the bench will play. If the game is close they will start subbing in to let the starters get breathers and that's about it. If the game is more wide open they may get more time. Diceman and Arroyo are the only people I see getting around 15 minutes.

Edited by dallas27, 29 April 2005 - 09:57 PM.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#66 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

I wouldn't panic. In fact, I'm not surprised we lost this one, although we did have a pretty good 1st half. I look for the Pistons to really take control and put a stamp on the series with a win in Philly in game 4.

Like I said right before the series started - my prediction is 4-1, Pistons win.

Get 'em next time, Pistons!

#67 johnogrodnickfanclub

johnogrodnickfanclub

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ April 29, 2005 - 05:14PM)
Kobe was the reason they won game 2.

The Pistons were the reason they won game 2, not to mention Shaq scoring just about all the Laker points in overtime. But Kobe and the Pistons were the reason they lost games 1, 3, 4, and 5.
user posted image

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#68 DatsyukownzU13

DatsyukownzU13

http://throwthewingup.blogspot.com/

• Gold Booster
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:51 AM

I think the Pistons lost on purpose just to make sure that they could win the series at home, haha. laugh.gif

#69 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (DatsyukownzU13 @ April 30, 2005 - 12:51PM)
I think the Pistons lost on purpose just to make sure that they could win the series at home, haha. laugh.gif

Nawww, they did it to plant a seed of doubtfullness in everyones mind for them going far so everyone can still continue to jump on the Miami Heat bandwaggon.

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#70 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ April 28, 2005 - 07:07PM)
If it was the regular season sure that would happen....any bets that they beat them again by 15+ points?

you owe me a beer. biggrin.gif
Hasek is becoming iconic in my mind

#71 dallas27

dallas27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (therock48880 @ May 1, 2005 - 11:38AM)
you owe me a beer. biggrin.gif

Really? How do you figure that one out? Any bets doesn't signify a bet is placed, so enlighten me.

Anyways, about 6 minutes left and I already know they are going to lose? Why? Officiating, it's simply horrendous, my dad who is also a basketball ref agrees with me. It is getting downright sick to watch a Pistons game now. My dad counted 3 fouls on Philly within a 3-4 minute span, don't even get started on calls that are going against Detroit. And is traveling out of the rulebook now? Are refs fined if they call traveling? Iverson is the king of travelling, Weber should have been called for travelling on numerous occasions to.

Of course I blame the officiating on Stern. Just becuase he doesn't like the Pistons style of basketball doesn't mean he should (a) change rules just for the sole purpose of making it harder for Detroit to play defense and (cool.gif give refs the "hint" of what the refs shouldn't and should call, if I were him I would be ashamed. Sorry that you are a rating ***** Stern and think that the only way to get ratings is to have a superstar *cough* SHAQ *cough* in the finals.

#72 whitneydatsyukrox

whitneydatsyukrox

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:54 PM

Detroit's ahead by 3 with 14 seconds left of OT. Thank God for Sheed and Rip.
Canadian WINGS fan

"Boyd Devereaux is like a *** on a man. The coaches should take his stick away and say "Just go out there and confuse 'em."- Scott Lucidi, March 2004
Classic.

#73 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

Despite its uglyness....we won!

"During Robert Langs time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#74 mattcorpolongo

mattcorpolongo

He is Detroit

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

Billups saved the team in the 4th...then Sheed hit that huge 3 at then end... Ugly win, but a win non-the-less. The thing that gets me...all the fouls were on Detroit...The officials were cleary homers.

#75 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ May 1, 2005 - 03:18PM)
Really? How do you figure that one out? Any bets doesn't signify a bet is placed, so enlighten me.

Anyways, about 6 minutes left and I already know they are going to lose? Why? Officiating, it's simply horrendous, my dad who is also a basketball ref agrees with me. It is getting downright sick to watch a Pistons game now. My dad counted 3 fouls on Philly within a 3-4 minute span, don't even get started on calls that are going against Detroit. And is traveling out of the rulebook now? Are refs fined if they call traveling? Iverson is the king of travelling, Weber should have been called for travelling on numerous occasions to.

Of course I blame the officiating on Stern. Just becuase he doesn't like the Pistons style of basketball doesn't mean he should (a) change rules just for the sole purpose of making it harder for Detroit to play defense and (cool.gif give refs the "hint" of what the refs shouldn't and should call, if I were him I would be ashamed. Sorry that you are a rating ***** Stern and think that the only way to get ratings is to have a superstar *cough* SHAQ *cough* in the finals.

i was kidding. did you notice the smiley face after what i said? plus if you notice my next post after yours i said i would take that bet in a hearbeat. obviously it wasn't a bet. geez.

btw, i don't agree with the conspiracy theory against the pistons. sorry. there were horrible calls both ways. yes, i agree, i thought more worked out against the pistons but that's the way it goes sometimes.

#76 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (therock48880 @ April 29, 2005 - 07:08AM)
i hope i'm wrong. but i'd take that bet in a heartbeat. you've got one team that thinks they can't be beaten and one team with their backs against the wall going home to one of the more vocal crowds in the league. the pistons are due for a letdown.

this is the post i was referring to.

#77 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (mattcorpolongo @ May 1, 2005 - 04:56PM)
Billups saved the team in the 4th...then Sheed hit that huge 3 at then end... Ugly win, but a win non-the-less. The thing that gets me...all the fouls were on Detroit...The officials were cleary homers.

That's because the NBA doesn't like no-name champions.

They don't want the big name who led the team to the championship to be Chauncey Billups or Rip Hamilton, because they aren't star power.

And it certainly can't be Rasheed Wallace, he's an a**hole.

And because they're more defensive players, it wasn't Big Ben or Tayshaun.

Maybe if McDyess was a starter, we would have someone the league could tolerate leading us to the championship? laugh.gif
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#78 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ April 29, 2005 - 01:10PM)
Look, the Pistons learned from last year against the Bucks or some other team, they went up 2-0 and I think it ended up going 6 or 7 games, just as they learned from last year when they came out flat in the second game.  Look what happened the other night.  The Pistons will not let down and they will not lose.  The ONLY way Philly will win is if Iverson drops 55 points, and to do that he will have to take about 60-70 shots.

a little off target. i don't see why you think the pistons are different than they were a year ago. they have the EXACT same tendancies as last year and they did the same things all season long. once the team gets on a roll, they will play a sloppy game and won't do the little things that make them a great team. once their intensity level drops, their defense isn't quite as good, which leads to a team scoring 113 points. it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last time either. the pistons could play the hawks or any other horrible team in a 7 game series and they wouldn't sweep them. i still think they will win it all, though.

Edited by therock48880, 01 May 2005 - 04:13 PM.

#79 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

I'm glad that the Pistons won. I am truely impressed with Tayshaun. You could see him limping for quite a while, but yet, he still continued the playoffs. And I know some of you will give me grief and say "But that's his job - he gets paid to do that" and I know that, but he looked to be in somewhat of a lot of pain. So, hats off to him for staying him for a while.

The Pistons mounted a pretty nice comeback to send it to OT. Glad to see they came out on top. Let's hope they can wrap it in Detroit!

Oh, and one more note: Rasheed was very impressive in the OT!! He nailed some important 3-pointers. Keep it up!

Way to go, Pistons

#80 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Naslund19 @ May 1, 2005 - 05:49PM)
I'm glad that the Pistons won. I am truely impressed with Tayshaun. You could see him limping for quite a while, but yet, he still continued the playoffs. And I know some of you will give me grief and say "But that's his job - he gets paid to do that" and I know that, but he looked to be in somewhat of a lot of pain. So, hats off to him for staying him for a while.

The Pistons mounted a pretty nice comeback to send it to OT. Glad to see they came out on top. Let's hope they can wrap it in Detroit!

Oh, and one more note: Rasheed was very impressive in the OT!! He nailed some important 3-pointers. Keep it up!

Way to go, Pistons

And before they do say "that's his job, he gets paid to do that" I'm gonna say this:

If you get injured during the course of your job, do you just sit there and keep plugging away?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users