• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ May 21, 2005 - 01:58PM)
star wars sucks

that's the best post i've seen on the site since all the O****d stuff. (don't want to turn this into another topic.)

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 21 May 2005 - 01:17 PM.

ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#42 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ May 21, 2005 - 12:58PM)
star wars sucks

I don't think Star Wars bites ass, but I'm with you to the extent that I don't really understand all the hype about it.

I enjoyed the previous movies, and I'll probably enjoy this movie when I see it sometime in the near future, but waiting in line way in advance for it, or seeing it in a jam-packed crowd when it's too loud and you'll miss a part or dialogue, just isn't worth it.

I can wait some time to see it.

#43 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ May 21, 2005 - 01:58PM)
star wars sucks

Them's fightin' words

punch.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#44 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ May 21, 2005 - 10:38PM)
Them's fightin' words

punch.gif

lukevader.gif

This ^ would have been a bit more appropriate. lol

peace

Posted Image

#45 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:18 AM

I finally saw it!! Ok so it was darker than the other 5 but still not as tragic as I expected. Anakin's transition to the dark side was a bit rushed (as was a few other plot developments) but let's face it Lucas had to tie up a LOT of loose ends in this episode in preparation for Episode IV. And in terms of acting it was IMO the best of the the 6 movies in the series (although even that doesn't say a lot, 'cause dialogue has always been Luca's Achilles Heel). All in all it was a good time. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Edited by Cruiser008, 24 May 2005 - 01:38 AM.

#46 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:38 PM

http://movies.yahoo....boxofficer.html

'Star Wars' earns $108.5 million in first U.S. weekend
Sunday May 22, 3:03PM ET

George Lucas' final "Star Wars" movie scored the second-best three-day weekend of all time on Sunday, but the Force was not strong enough to prevent overall ticket sales in North America from posting a year-on-year-decline for the 13th consecutive weekend.

"Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" sold an estimated $108.5 million worth of tickets for the Friday-to-Sunday period, taking its total to $158.5 million since it opened after midnight on Thursday.
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#47 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:31 AM

I finally got to see it! OMG!! It was awesome!! They tied up a lot of the loose ends...I really liked it.

Major thumbs up. And Yoda gets to kick ass again! Go Yoda!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#48 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:08 AM

My baby nephew has apparently discovered Star Wars, he was over here yesterday afternoon and all he really said was Darth Vader and Chewbacca, he thinks that Darth Vader is a wookie. smile.gif

#49 I Thought I Saw a Datsyuk 13

I Thought I Saw a Datsyuk 13

i walk like a man

• HoF Booster
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:37 AM

so far ive seen it 4 times including the private screening

#50 Lidstrom5 D-Man

Lidstrom5 D-Man

#5 ALIVE!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

I saw it twice on the first day it was out (the second time just to be sure I caught it all!)

I noticed something different in this one...I don't recall any subtitles at all. All the aliens either spoke English or they were a Wookie. huh...

I decided to buy the prequel novel to Episode III. I'd never purchased a SW novel before so I wasn't sure what I'd get. So far, this thing is SWEET! You get a lot of back story about Syfo Dias. I'm not sure if Lucas sanctions all of these novels, but this one seems to have the true tone of SW. I'm only half way through it but I can't get enough!

I also purchased the Revenge of the Sith novel...you KNOW there's more detail in the book and I hope it's true of this one too. Maybe Anakin doesn't turn to the Dark side quite so fast in it as he did in the movie. I've not read it yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Thank You, Steve Yzerman!

#51 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

In the days before the prequels, Lucas had final Yay or Nay vote on plot concepts and stories for the books. That may have changed in recent years, but given the fact that Lucas pretty much owes his entire fortune to this saga, I doubt that he'd relinquish that kind of control.

He does this so that you don't have one book killing off a character, only to show up in another book that takes place a year down the road, etc. (A little off topic) but if you're interested in reading about the events that happen after Return of the Jedi, the book series I recommend to start out with is the Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command) by Timothy Zahn. They take place 5 years after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star. EXCELLENT reading.

My official verdict on the movie, after seeing it twice...

Better than the first two, by far. Much darker than I was anticipating, but that isn't a bad thing. I think though, that the first part didn't quite flow as well. I understand that there were alot of issues that needed to be resolved rather early on, so that gives a little understanding. It just seemed that between the war scenes, then jumping to yet another Anakin/Padme scene, back to action etc, just really kinda deffered from the movies flow. But then in the middle, it really came together. The ending, and the final jedi duels simply blew me away. Very, VERY intense, and they easily redeemed any lack of flow in the first half.

The acting, while not Oscar quality, BY FAR was much better (IMHO) than it was in II. I DETESTED Hayden Christensen as Anakin in II (He was too whiney, much like his son Luke in IV and V), but he certainly redeemed himself in III. Ewan McGregor was outstanding as Obi-Wan, and definately reminded me of Sir Alec Guiness in his performance. Ian McDiarmid turned in the best performance, as Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine.

While not measuring up to any of the original trilogy, this is by far the best of the new trilogy, and thus gets high marks from me. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

*edit* fixed grammatical error

Edited by Jedi4Jesus, 23 May 2005 - 02:18 PM.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#52 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Jedi4Jesus @ May 23, 2005 - 03:02PM)
He does this so that you don't have one book killing off a character, only to show up in another book that takes place a year down the road, etc. (A little off topic) but if you're interested in reading about the events that happen after Return of the Jedi, the book series I recommend to start out with is the Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command) by Timothy Zahn. They take place 5 years after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star. EXCELLENT reading.

I agree completely. I used to read every Star Wars book that came out. They range from complete crap, to excellece. The Thrawn Triology, as its known, is easily the best. If you want to start reading the novels, be warned about one thing. There's a ton of stuff out there. Your best bet is to read it in the order of publication date, IMO.

I feel like such a bad Star Wars fan, I've only seen the movie once sad.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#53 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:04 AM

Whoo hoo that makes twice for me and Lucidi! smile.gif
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#54 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

3rd time last night. Probably see it at least one more time during it's theatrical run.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#55 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:42 AM

There are other movies out there to see people! laugh.gif

#56 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:41 AM

ohmy.gif
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#57 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:23 AM

oh sh*t is my geek showing? LOL

Guess what, I don't care!

#58 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (VladyIBELIEVE16 @ May 26, 2005 - 11:23AM)
oh sh*t is my geek showing? LOL

Guess what, I don't care!

our post it note is getting bigger by the day

#59 ILuvMaltby18

ILuvMaltby18

I do not like them in a house, I do not like them with a mouse

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ May 26, 2005 - 05:42AM)
There are other movies out there to see people! laugh.gif

And that is why there is the other thread in the Water Cooler for all other movie reviews cool.gif

#60 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:50 AM

okay.. i think matt should make a new room for all star wars talk. we need to keep our water cooler clean of all of this pollution!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users