• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ToddDaGod

Evan McGrath, Iggy Griggy

Rate this topic

McGrath easily led the team with 87 points and seemed to have a great playoff year too. His team voted him most improved which is kinda obvious. Grigs seemed to get a lot better too as the season progressed. His team traded him or loaned him or something and he started scoring and playing well again.

I think Grigorenko has a decent chance of being in Grand Rapids next year, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if Holland let him stay in Russia. Regardless, a speedy goalscorer with a mean streak like Grigorenko sounds like just what the Wings need.

He will be over next year, prolly for GR. He would have been over this year if he didn't almost die. He's gonna be awsome to watch. I don't know how long McGrath is away, but he will be quite a nice addition too, although he's nowhere near the physical presence Griggy is.

I hope Gregorenko doesn't turn out to be another Slava Kozlov. Before Kozlov's accident scouts were saying he had more talent than Federov.

I also remember reading that some scouts felt Iggy's upside was just as good as Ovechkin's.

The Wings have to seriously start hiring chauffers for these Russian prospects.

I hope Gregorenko doesn't turn out to be another Slava Kozlov. Before Kozlov's accident scouts were saying he had more talent than Federov.

I also remember reading that some scouts felt Iggy's upside was just as good as Ovechkin's.

That didn't work out too well with Konstantinov though. How about all Russian Red Wings players/prospects stick to the bus?

I'm hopin Grigs does turn out to still hit his full potential.

Because it was as good as Ovechkin...and if he pulls that out....Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Grigorenko will be kickin some butt for a GOOD long while.

Add in Fischer/Kronwall, and Howard/Liv as the goalie tandem?

Holy crap...lol. Great core unit for 10 years plus.

Guest wingsfan4life24

what accident did kozlov have ?i dont remember hearing bout that

i use to love kozlov with detroit , he use to score big goals in the playoffs

if some accident affected his career i could only imagine how much better he would of been if it didnt happen

what accident did kozlov have ?i dont remember hearing bout that

i use to love kozlov with detroit , he use to score big goals in the playoffs

if some accident affected his career i could only imagine how much better he would of been if it didnt happen

It was when he was a kid in Russia...eerily similar to Grigorenko's.

Kozlov was badly hurt and although he was damn good when he came over, he was not nearly the dominant player he would have been had the accident never happened. When he was first scouted, he was dominating leagues of players in his own age group and much older, to the point where the Russians kept his name off the roster to prevent teams from trying to scout him.

"Holland did say Grigorenko -- who played his first full season in Russia after suffering serious injuries in an auto accident two years ago -- will likely remain in Russia for another season."

Here's the link, but that's about all that mentioned Grigorenko: http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/0506/11/.../H07-211403.htm

I think it would be better to bring him to Grand Rapids and develop him there. If things work out well, he'd always be available for a call-up. Playing with Jiri Hudler on the top line in Grand Rapids wouldn't hurt either one of them. On the other hand, if the salary cap is only $30-some million, I can see why he'd want to save the cash. I'd hate to see Grigorenko turn into a perennial 'maybe next year' player like Liv seems to be.

"Holland did say Grigorenko -- who played his first full season in Russia after suffering serious injuries in an auto accident two years ago -- will likely remain in Russia for another season."

Here's the link, but that's about all that mentioned Grigorenko: http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/0506/11/.../H07-211403.htm

I think it would be better to bring him to Grand Rapids and develop him there. If things work out well, he'd always be available for a call-up. Playing with Jiri Hudler on the top line in Grand Rapids wouldn't hurt either one of them. On the other hand, if the salary cap is only $30-some million, I can see why he'd want to save the cash. I'd hate to see Grigorenko turn into a perennial 'maybe next year' player like Liv seems to be.

I agree, bring Grigorenko over. Give him time to adapt to the NA style, it would probably benefit both him and Grand Rapids.

Grigorenko will not give up playing in Russia to play in our minor leagues

I think that is a mistake. What's left for him to learn in the RSL? If not ready for the NHL, he might as well get accustomed to the Northamerican play in the AHL, especially if he is looking to spend his future in Northamerica.

Edited by RyanBarnes!

I think that is a mistake. What's left for him to learn in the RSL? If not ready for the NHL, he might as well get accustomed to the Northamerican play in the AHL, especially if he is looking to spend his future in Northamerica.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg did just fine, and if Igor is going to be fully healthy he was considered better than either of the other two. I think he can step in right away when he crosses over.

peace

Datsyuk and Zetterberg did just fine, and if Igor is going to be fully healthy he was considered better than either of the other two. I think he can step in right away when he crosses over.

peace

That's besides the point I'm trying to make. If not for the car accident Grigorenko would probably have spent next season in Detroit. The reason he isn't, I take it, has to do with him rehabilitating. He could rehabilitate in the AHL just as well.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg did just fine, and if Igor is going to be fully healthy he was considered better than either of the other two.  I think he can step in right away when he crosses over.

peace

That's besides the point I'm trying to make. If not for the car accident Grigorenko would probably have spent next season in Detroit. The reason he isn't, I take it, has to do with him rehabilitating. He could rehabilitate in the AHL just as well.

RSL pays a bit more I'd imagine. wink.gif

peace

Datsyuk and Zetterberg did just fine, and if Igor is going to be fully healthy he was considered better than either of the other two.  I think he can step in right away when he crosses over.

peace

RSL pays a bit more I'd imagine. wink.gif

peace

Maybe. This is strictly from a hockey point of view though. He's done with the RSL already.

I'm hopin Grigs does turn out to still hit his full potential.

Because it was as good as Ovechkin...and if he pulls that out....Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Grigorenko will be kickin some butt for a GOOD long while.

Add in Fischer/Kronwall, and Howard/Liv as the goalie tandem?

Holy crap...lol. Great core unit for 10 years plus.

wow. the wings could actually truely say that their top players were homegrown, not a bunch of good vets signed for mucho dinero. Note how many North Americans were in there?

Holland said in a Detroit News article that Grigeniko will stay in Russia again for the 05/06 season.

Holland said in a Detroit News article that Grigeniko will stay in Russia again for the 05/06 season.

well thank you for the update do any reading lately?

....frankly im glad hes stayin over in Russia so he can chill out and hold and get his stride back their rather than here. Its a nerve wreck going into other countries and playing against or with their teams. My brother did it in Germany and said it was quite an experiance. Im sorry Barnsey but I put alot more faith in the Wings management then your hockey wits.