• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Man, the Tigers have been hot lately. Win the last 5 of 6 against division leading teams, the Texas Rangers and Baltimore. Plus, that is without our 2 new free-agents and through other injured players. One game below .500. It may not be where we would want to be at this point (51 games), but this is the best start we have had in 11 years, depressing as that is.

There are signs of better things to come. At least it is a bit of a distraction from life without hockey (for those of us not quite into basketball)!

when our pitching is hot, our bats are cold...when our bats are hot, our pitching is cold...

we just can't put it all together...

and it'd be nice to see our two big free agent signings play, huh? bastards...both of them...

Magglio and Percival are bastards?... I don't think they can help getting injured. How about we call some of players who are actully playing bastards (Ledezma, Pena, Infante, the late Nook Logan, Martinez, Inconsistant Robertson, Matt Ginter) Gotta be fair... On a positive note...Tony Garratano and Chris Shelton have really played well since they've been brought up...Hopefully they can keep it going!

Tigers look to pass .500 tonight! Go Tigers!

Infante has been playing well as of late...

Ledzema is a joke. He's got an ERA over 7, 3 higher than the team's ERA. The opposing team's BA against him is OVER .300.

How he ever got into the rotation baffles me. He has given maybe one good pitching performance in a Detroit uniform.

Heck, why don't we bring back Cornejo?

In his one full season (2003) His ERA was 4.67...and the Tigers have significantly better defense now. His WHIP was 1.5...but again, improved defense would cut down on hits.

He also gave up only 18 HR in 195 innings. Some of the better picthers in the majors are on pace to give up around 25-30 this year for a comparable number of innings...Eric Milton has already given up 21, Johan Sanatan has given up 10 in only 83 innings. Brett Myers has given up 10 in 80. Mark Prior has given up 9 in 58.

In other words....BRING BACK NATE!

Every time the Tigers get to .500, they lose 5 in a row

Very true. We cant get over the .500 mark.

Plus, we can never lose just one game, it seems. If we lose one, we lose five, like you said. Then we have a decent winning streak, but once we lose, its another 4 or 5 games! We need to get over this! So, stop this thing at 2 tonight.

I'll take Polanco for a spare shortstop and a mid-level reliever.

I was wondering how long it would take to deal Urbina once Percival got healthy.

Polanco will almost certainly start at 2nd ahead of Infante.

Tigers could put out this lineup...

1) Inge, 3b

2) Guillen, SS

3) Rodriguez, C

4) White, LF

5) Young, 1b

6) Monroe, CF

7) Polanco, 2b

8) Higginson, RF

9) Logan, DH

Yeah I know...Higgy's barely played this year and when he's played, he didn't hit anything. But he's the best fielder on the team, and I'd rather have Young at 1st than Pena, and White in the field, which doesn't leave a ton of choices for center fielders or for DH.

Sweep, I was at the series finale vs the Padres today....Great game.. I was 3 rows up from right field...Great seats. I was 6 feet away from the Padres lead off Homer in the First...Tigers are starting to look good...keep it going!!!

Rumors (mostly from USA Today during the past week)

Wanna know why Ugueth Urbina was traded when he was? Apparently, Urbina got into a fight with Magglio Ordonez...and he got into a verbal confrontation with Troy Percival. So that was that...management decided it was time to move Urbina and get him out of the club house...

Also, Magglio Ordonez has allegedly told friends he wouldn't mind being traded this winter if the Tigers don't show much greater improvement...he wants to be with a legit contender...

And finally, Mike Maroth's name is popping in newspapers for every team looking for a starting pitcher...people are interested in prying him away from our Tigers...

Who cares if Mags *******....I just want him back in the lineup.

Rather have him than Logan. Or leave Young at first and put Monroe in left if they want to keep Logan in.

3b Inge

SS Guillen

C Pudge

DH White

1b Young

LF Monroe

RF Ordonez

2b Polanco

CF Logan

That's a pretty damn solid lineup. Good hitters 1-9.

Now if we could just replace ******* Ledzema with a decent 5th!!

I don't know about Logan in a full time spot. He too inconsistant and isn't a home run hitter. Keep Rondell, Maggs, and Monroe!!!

How about Mr. Chris Shelton!? That 2 run shot to tie up the game today! He's really hitting the ball well.

Buddy, Pudge sucks this year...5 Hr's 29 RBI's...c'mon now...Vote Jeremy Bonderman!!! He's lighting it up!

I am not saying Pudge deserves it more than Bondo and that he is having his greatest year ever or anything...but Pudge has a legitimate shot at starting and it would be nice if we had a starter when we host. Bonderman should definately be in the All-Star game, but he wouldnt make it as a starter, which is what we should have.

So, Magglio could be in the lineup next week, for the first time since the first week of the season. He is currently in Toledo on rehab assignment. He went 1-2 in five innings with a double, RBI, and a walk in his first game.

Well, Magglio is back and in 7 games back:

3 doubles, 3 homeruns, 8 RBI

Not bad, if only we had him the whole season....

I bet if he goes on fire after the break, many teams would be ticked off that they passed on him in the off season.

Edited by TheGoonSquad0208