27 replies to this topic

#21 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

Thanks guys/girls. I am up and moving around. Still a very long process to go, but baby steps will get me there.

#22 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Boss @ June 15, 2005 - 07:54PM)
Thanks guys/girls. I am up and moving around. Still a very long process to go, but baby steps will get me there.

Sweet! Glad to hear from ya Boss. wink.gif

#23 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Boss @ June 15, 2005 - 08:54PM)

Good to hear, Boss! What happened? Was it work related, sheer clumsiness (as is often my case) or what?

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#24 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Jedi4Jesus @ June 15, 2005 - 08:24PM)
Good to hear, Boss! What happened? Was it work related, sheer clumsiness (as is often my case) or what?

Work related. It was about a week late reaction. I hurt myself on like a monday, and did not feel it until sunday. Basically, I was helping some people set some stuff up, and to make a long story short, another individual made a mistake, and I payed the price. Basically, a heavy bag collapsed on my back. I messed up 4 disc's, and the only problem is that one disc is 90% out and sitting on a nerve. t hurts, but, let me tell you, these pain pills are like heaven. thumbup.gif

Thanks again, but don't worry Jack, I won't catch up to your post count now that I have nothing to do for a while.

#25 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Boss @ June 15, 2005 - 09:43PM)

\Thanks again, but don't worry Jack, I won't catch up to your post count now that I have nothing to do for a while.

LMAO!

Good I was beginning to get a little nervous there! tongue.gif

#26 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Boss @ June 15, 2005 - 10:43PM)
Work related. It was about a week late reaction. I hurt myself on like a monday, and did not feel it until sunday. Basically, I was helping some people set some stuff up, and to make a long story short, another individual made a mistake, and I payed the price. Basically, a heavy bag collapsed on my back. I messed up 4 disc's, and the only problem is that one disc is 90% out and sitting on a nerve. t hurts, but, let me tell you, these pain pills are like heaven. thumbup.gif

Thanks again, but don't worry Jack, I won't catch up to your post count now that I have nothing to do for a while.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I've dealt with my fair share of workplace injuries. (Working the delivery crew at Best Buy, you see alot.) Have the docs decided on if you should just go through therapy, or is surgery a better option at this point?

It sounds like surgery would be required, based on what you said about the disc being that outta whack, but then again I'm not a doctor. So what do I know?

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#27 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Jedi4Jesus @ June 15, 2005 - 08:49PM)
QUOTE (Boss @ June 15, 2005 - 10:43PM)
Work related. It was about a week late reaction. I hurt myself on like a monday, and did not feel it until sunday. Basically, I was helping some people set some stuff up, and to make a long story short, another individual made a mistake, and I payed the price. Basically, a heavy bag collapsed on my back. I messed up 4 disc's, and the only problem is that one disc is 90% out and sitting on a nerve. t hurts, but, let me tell you, these pain pills are like heaven.  thumbup.gif

Thanks again, but don't worry Jack, I won't catch up to your post count now that I have nothing to do  for a while.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I've dealt with my fair share of workplace injuries. (Working the delivery crew at Best Buy, you see alot.) Have the docs decided on if you should just go through therapy, or is surgery a better option at this point?

It sounds like surgery would be required, based on what you said about the disc being that outta whack, but then again I'm not a doctor. So what do I know?

Well, what pisses me off the most, is that I was just trying to be a nice guy and help out, and this happened. I was just trying to make things easier for these guys that work hard in the heat, but, oh well, that's life.

I am going through a therapy process for about 5 more weeks, and then they are going to do a nerve test, and if it is not to the point where they want it to be then surgery is the only other option.

Hopefully, it will all work out. I mean, right after we found out what happend they wanted me to go into surgery right away. The decided against it, and a lot of the inflamation went down, so, things are looking up.

#28 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

Hey Boss!
Haven't been to the board for a while or I would have sent my regards sooner. Take all the advice that all the other LGWers have given and take your own....plenty of meds will do the trick!! Seriously, dude, take care and Y'all are in our prayers.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users