• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (ASchwaiger @ July 7, 2005 - 02:48PM)
i know, the 360 looks more like an xbox 1.5 than anything else. everybody in the industry is sayng how the game don't look like they should.

there was a preview for nhl 2k6 for 360 in this months EGM, and the guy said it looks like a ps2 game.

i dont doubt the system will be sweet, but im waiting for this

http://photos11.flic...272365cea_o.jpg

There is no actual gameplay though, all Sony is showing is prerendered video and screenshots of games.

Edited by Mattias19, 09 July 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#22 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

The next Morrowind game is probably all the reason i'll need to buy the next xbox.
We shall say 'ni' to you again if you do not appease us!

#23 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:33 PM

Just some points:

- XBox360 *will* be backwards compatible. (NVidia will get a royalty on each 360 sold.)

- The Nintendo backwards compatibility is misleading... If you want to play the original SMB, you've got to pay to download it. (though I'd assume, for their sake, that a good number of them are free.)

#24 Loiselle

Loiselle

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:35 PM

I will not put money down on a console..... I will do what I have done since Sega's Dreamcast Console

Sega Dreamcast - Arived at Target at 7am to purchase when doors opened.
Sony Playstation 2 - Arived at Target at 11pm the night before to purchase when doors opened.
Microsoft Xbox - Arived at Target at 10pm the night before to purchase when doors opened.
Nintendo Gamecube - Arived at Target at 11pm the night before to purchase when doors opened.

So, to make a long story short, I go to Target to buy all my consoles. Sure i've had to camp out, but it's all an experience to me, and I enjoy it.

and for those who want up-to-date information on the Xbox360..... try....
TeamXbox.com
Xbox360.IGN.com

Edited by Loiselle, 18 July 2005 - 11:29 AM.

#25 KungFuJesus

KungFuJesus

KunFuAsshat

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:23 PM

i came into this topic expecting fanboyish/stupid/uninformed opinions, and i got them. so why do they still irritate me?

#26 Shock Wave

Shock Wave

Ranger fan :-)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

I put my money down back on June 12th, cant wait, ive been seeing some screenshots now that the beta kits seem to be out that blow me away, especially PGR 3.
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------

#27 yzerman&thewings=CUP

yzerman&thewings=CUP

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:19 AM

I put my deposit in May at EB games, better be there the first day!
When our time here on Earth is done, we will leave everything we have behind. But, we will take with us all that we are - Adrian Rogers

#28 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (yzerman&thewings=CUP @ July 23, 2005 - 11:19AM)
I put my deposit in May at EB games, better be there the first day!

they had a couple shipment already sold out in 1 week's time, unlikely that you will get it the first day.

#29 jagr68

jagr68

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:48 AM

Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't see it.

I see people put deposits down for a Xbox 360. I didn't see anyone say how much the system actually costs. I would hope 300 or less, but I'm probably wrong. Anyone know?

#30 Loiselle

Loiselle

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

Apparently, WalMart let it be known to it's employees, that the console will be released on Nov 4, 2005, with a price point of $299.99. This has neither been confirmed or denied by the folks at Microsoft. Here's the link to that story.

But if all goes as stated to this point, the Xbox360 will be, as J. Allard said, around the $300 mark.

#31 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,818 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:22 PM

2 versions of the 360 will be available at launch, with 2 different price points. Though it's no surprise, since it had been rumored for so long to have different versions available, Microsoft officially released some info on it today.

The entry level version is a no/low frills version. A corded controller, no hard drive. $299.99

The bells and whistles version has a 20gb hard drive, wireless controller, Live Headset, and a multimedia controller (though, the controller is only for a limited time).

Here's a couple links...

Engadget Story
CNN Story
Gamespot Story

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#32 Christian

Christian

God bless the world.

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:13 AM

As always, as a technologist wink.gif I am hesitant to buy a new product upon introduction. I will wait until both the 360 and PS3 are out and then compare and wait for the price to drop. I bet that even after christmas the price will already drop a bit, if not the first price drop will for sure occur in spring when sony releases the PS3. In any case, I am prefectly happy with my Xbox still and see no need to upgrade immediately. Let them iron out the bugs first and go down to the actual price that you should pay for the console.

#33 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:58 PM

I put my 50 down at gamestop Saturday.I'am going back the weekend after labor day,to fully pay it off.If you have it paided off fully before launch date at gamestop,your VIP.You don't have to stand in line,plus you get first shipment,if there ends up being 2 or 3.I was told if you pay it off,some how they send that to xbox.Point is you for sure get it on launch day.
Posted Image

#34 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

I also checked on my deposit last week, since there are two packages now. I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get stuck with the $299 version and the employee there assured me that we would get a choice when the packages arrive.

I'll probably try to pay off the remainder of my reserved system before the November release.

#35 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:47 AM

Ebgames bundle prices

http://www.ebgames.c...ystems/xbox360/

#36 yzerman&thewings=CUP

yzerman&thewings=CUP

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 972 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (TheGoonSquad0208 @ July 23, 2005 - 01:28PM)
they had a couple shipment already sold out in 1 week's time, unlikely that you will get it the first day.

well I asked and they told me I would, so there! tongue.gif
When our time here on Earth is done, we will leave everything we have behind. But, we will take with us all that we are - Adrian Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users