• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 cap20066

cap20066

Finch

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:21 AM

haha that's pathetic, takes a truly incapable person to not be able to pull off a 2.0. nice work, you're good at failing!

Thanks! biggrin.gif thumbup.gif
I'm Good

#22 PuckMark

PuckMark

The various stages of my work day

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:31 AM

Bill,
Just in case I see you in the future, let me get it out of the way now. Yes, I WOULD like to super size that.

Sincerely,
PuckMark
"Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league."
- Scott Lucidi, June 25, 2003 @ 2:22pm

If Jack Bauer was ***, he would be called Chuck Norris.

#23 cap20066

cap20066

Finch

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:43 AM

Bill,
Just in case I see you in the future, let me get it out of the way now. Yes, I WOULD like to super size that.

Sincerely,
PuckMark

Hmm because 100% of people who f**k around in high school work at McDonald's.

Solid.

Touchet.
I'm Good

#24 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 18, 2005 - 01:03AM)
Physics was just a filler class. I had enough credits last year to graduate but I just needed the English credit.

I didn't want to take physics but they wouldn't give me another class..

Advanced Computer Hardware and Networking.

Point being, highschool was a joke, now I actually have to work in school thumbdown.gif

Fun times thumbup.gif

Only way I was able to take Physics in HS was if I was in Chemistry/Algebra II already. They were Pre-Reqs. Now, I was not able to take Physics because I failed 2nd Semester of Algebra II.

That being said, can anyone take Physics in your HS or did you do well in other classes being able to be placed in that?

Edited by Rivalred, 18 June 2005 - 10:22 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#25 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ June 18, 2005 - 10:24AM)
Physics was just a filler class. I had enough credits last year to graduate but I just needed the English credit.

Point being, highschool was a joke, now I actually have to work in school thumbdown.gif

Fun times thumbup.gif

Only way I was able to take Physics in HS was if I was in Chemistry/Algebra II already. They were Pre-Reqs. Now, I was not able to take Physics because I failed 2nd Semester of Algebra II.

That being said, can anyone take Physics in your HS or did you do well in other classes being able to be placed in that?

when i was in high school (OWF, insert joke here tongue.gif ) i think you had to take chem and algebra before you could take it. It was pretty much something you could only take your junior or senior year and it was only offered as an honors class. Our teacher made it pretty easy tho. He was very liberal with retaking tests.
ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#26 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (PuckMark @ June 18, 2005 - 09:31AM)
Bill,

Sincerely,
PuckMark

Hey, give the kid a little credit. He won't be working the cash register all his life. With a little determination, why I bet he could be the fry manager.

OK, who am I kidding. It will never happen.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#27 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Lidstrom Rules @ June 18, 2005 - 11:34AM)
QUOTE (Rivalred @ June 18, 2005 - 10:24AM)

Fun times thumbup.gif

when i was in high school (OWF, insert joke here tongue.gif ) i think you had to take chem and algebra before you could take it. It was pretty much something you could only take your junior or senior year and it was only offered as an honors class. Our teacher made it pretty easy tho. He was very liberal with retaking tests.

Exactly.... Either Bill here did well in those classes and was placed in Physics against his will and as a show of youth protest, he did not care or try to show "The Man" he was not a sheep. Or he he was placed in the class as the school board thought it something everyone needed and he struggled or did not care....

Let's see, I do for option 1..... I think Bill is more intelligent that he lets on, just no ambition or does not care.

#28 Yzyman

Yzyman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:42 PM

Meh... Ive done the fast food thing already.. Worked at Wendy's for 2 hours, I quit while I was watching the training videos..

Believe it or not but you wasted 4 years of your life in highschool..

#29 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 18, 2005 - 03:42PM)
Meh... Ive done the fast food thing already.. Worked at Wendy's for 2 hours, I quit while I was watching the training videos..

haha, your life must suck.
Moral victories are for losers.

#30 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 18, 2005 - 02:42PM)

Exactly.

While I wouldn't have considered my 4 years of high school a waste, there were the guys that didn't really give much of a tiny rat's ass in high school and they end up fine in life in time.

And don't tell me any of you never had struggles in high school, whether it be grades or dealing with people who made fun of you or boyfriend/girlfriend stuff or whatever.

He graduated and that counts for something.

Could he have done better? Probably so if he tried harder. Sometimes it takes more time for people to figure things out and learn how to get by in life through hard work, discipline and other things. The guy is a teenager for crying out loud, he just needs to grow up some and he has plenty of time to do that. We were/all teenagers with attitude and discipline problems at some point in time.

He'll find something in life whether it'll be in school or at a future job or hobby that he likes and he'll hopefully excel at it for a living. Would it be good if it's sooner rather than later? Of course, but sometimes things in life such as work and personal habits and career take more time for some people. Some people go through life and never figure it out.

He has plenty of time to figure this all out if he wants to, give the guy a break.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 18 June 2005 - 09:50 PM.

#31 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (OkThatSmells @ June 18, 2005 - 02:18AM)
Hmmm... it's also no surprise to see you're at home, on your computer, posting at a forum on a Friday night.

as are you
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#32 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ June 18, 2005 - 03:52PM)

haha, your life must suck.

i'm trying to figure out how much you life sucks since you take such pleasure in pointing out your opinion to him. i'm surprised you made such a comment since you always have such a wonderful dispostion on here rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 18 June 2005 - 06:32 PM.

ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#33 OkThatSmells

OkThatSmells

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ June 18, 2005 - 06:42PM)
as are you

Read the whole thread. Different continents... etc. So no.

#34 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (OkThatSmells @ June 18, 2005 - 08:35PM)
Read the whole thread. Different continents... etc. So no.

You smell. If all youre going to do is talk s**t just dont talk.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#35 OkThatSmells

OkThatSmells

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ June 18, 2005 - 09:48PM)
You smell. If all youre going to do is talk s**t just dont talk.

Yes I do smell, I have a nose. And I was typing not talking. And saying that I live on another continent isn't talking s**t, because I do. Good post though...

#36 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

I only went to highschool for 2 1/4 years over a 4 year period, I missed so much school it was not funny.

112 days my senior year, and that was out of a 180 day school year.

#37 Yzyman

Yzyman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ June 18, 2005 - 09:21PM)

I only went to highschool for 2 1/4 years over a 4 year period, I missed so much school it was not funny.

112 days my senior year, and that was out of a 180 day school year.

I missed 25 days this year, 32 last year and a little over 20 both my freshman and sophmore years...

I don't know how people can miss 1 day or 0 days a year...

#38 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 18, 2005 - 10:51PM)
I missed 25 days this year, 32 last year and a little over 20 both my freshman and sophmore years...

I missed 1-2 days throughout all of highschool. I couldn't imagine missing 20+/year. Though I've been remarkably healthy in my life.

/missed less than a handful of classes in college as well

peace

Posted Image

#39 Yzyman

Yzyman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ June 18, 2005 - 11:11PM)
QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 18, 2005 - 10:51PM)

I missed 1-2 days throughout all of highschool. I couldn't imagine missing 20+/year. Though I've been remarkably healthy in my life.

/missed less than a handful of classes in college as well

peace

Ive never missed school for highschool for health issues. The only time I had to miss highschool was when my step dad died in 03.. Other then that I just missed school because I was bored with it... Never skipped though, I was always at home..

#40 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 18, 2005 - 11:15PM)
Ive never missed school for highschool for health issues. The only time I had to miss highschool was when my step dad died in 03.. Other then that I just missed school because I was bored with it... Never skipped though, I was always at home..

I would have been even more bored at home. At least in school there are people and friends. I also lived out in the country so entertainment options were highly limited.

peace

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users