• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OkThatSmells

OkThatSmells

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ June 19, 2005 - 12:19AM)
I would have been even more bored at home. At least in school there are people and friends. I also lived out in the country so entertainment options were highly limited.

peace

Yeah I had a great time at school especially the last few years. I didn't do a whole bunch of work either but I rarely took days off coz I hated being at home all day.

#42 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Lidstrom Rules @ June 18, 2005 - 07:31PM)
i'm trying to figure out how much you life sucks since you take such pleasure in pointing out your opinion to him. i'm surprised you made such a comment since you always have such a wonderful dispostion on here rolleyes.gif

Care to explain your setiments? I was merely pointing out that if he isn't enjoying highschool, his life must not be that enjoyable right now.

How did you gather that I took pleasure in posting my opinion? Yes it's my OPINION. And as for me always having a "wonderful dispostion on here" what the hell does that mean? There's only a few people i've had pissing matches, one "quit" a message board, the other is too busy in politics and the other isn't like she once was, so care to explain?
Moral victories are for losers.

#43 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Heaton @ June 19, 2005 - 02:50AM)
Care to explain your setiments? I was merely pointing out that if he isn't enjoying highschool, his life must not be that enjoyable right now.

How did you gather that I took pleasure in posting my opinion? Yes it's my OPINION. And as for me always having a "wonderful dispostion on here" what the hell does that mean? There's only a few people i've had pissing matches, one "quit" a message board, the other is too busy in politics and the other isn't like she once was, so care to explain?

"Ha Ha your life must suck." Sorry if I missed the benovolent nature of your statement.
ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#44 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:31 PM

he's trying to look cool by showing us he's failing and you expect a positive remark from me? damn, did it hit too close to home?

#45 Yzyman

Yzyman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ June 19, 2005 - 12:31PM)
he's trying to look cool by showing us he's failing and you expect a positive remark from me? damn, did it hit too close to home?

See thats where your wrong.. I didn't fail highschool. As a matter of fact, I passed highschool with the least amount of work and time put in. I actually feel special.

#46 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ June 19, 2005 - 12:31PM)

You don't sound cool at all trying to put others down. wink.gif

#47 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ June 19, 2005 - 05:34PM)
You don't sound cool at all trying to put others down. wink.gif

I'm not trying to sound "cool" i'm so sick of the "if you don't have anything nice to say" attitude some people have on the INTERNET. The beauty of a messageboard is that you can say what you really want to without having any consequences whatsoever. Why would he have posted this if he didn't want any recation or opinions on it? I know you have your own high horse you like to sit on, but i'm sorry, im not gonna put on a smile and say, oh thats ok, im sure you're a great student with a bright future! I only have what to go on with what he posted. He obviously doesn't care, since he's not taking it personally, if I wanted to act "cool" i could've been a lot more obnoxious.

Give it up, really.

#48 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ June 19, 2005 - 04:42PM)
I'm not trying to sound "cool" i'm so sick of the "if you don't have anything nice to say" attitude some people have on the INTERNET. The beauty of a messageboard is that you can say what you really want to without having any consequences whatsoever. Why would he have posted this if he didn't want any recation or opinions on it? I know you have your own high horse you like to sit on, but i'm sorry, im not gonna put on a smile and say, oh thats ok, im sure you're a great student with a bright future! I only have what to go on with what he posted. He obviously doesn't care, since he's not taking it personally, if I wanted to act "cool" i could've been a lot more obnoxious.

Give it up, really.

If you're so sick of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing" attitude, then it's best probably not to say anything at all then if you don't want to be put in question.

#49 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

i have no problem with being put in question, just don't try and assume things.

#50 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 19, 2005 - 04:08PM)
See thats where your wrong.. I didn't fail highschool. As a matter of fact, I passed highschool with the least amount of work and time put in. I actually feel special.

They probobly let you graduate because they did not want to see you or deal with you anymore.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#51 Yzyman

Yzyman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ June 19, 2005 - 09:59PM)
They probobly let you graduate because they did not want to see you or deal with you anymore.

They just don't pass you... Unless-

Your a drugy
Hispanic
Special Needs

I don't fit any of those so believe me its not that easy to just pass. Of course, why am I trying to justify this to someone who probably had over a 3.0 GPA, and is now realizing that highschool, other then the social experiences, was a waste.

Everyones highschool priorities:

- Get laid
- Get drunk
- Graduate
- Who cares about after highschool

#52 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 19, 2005 - 11:40PM)
They just don't pass you... Unless-

Your a drugy
Hispanic
Special Needs

I don't fit any of those so believe me its not that easy to just pass. Of course, why am I trying to justify this to someone who probably had over a 3.0 GPA, and is now realizing that highschool, other then the social experiences, was a waste.

- Get laid
- Get drunk
- Graduate

Sorry dude... I never went to my graduation, GPA went from a 3.4 to a 2.8 when I graduated and I missed over a 1 1/2 or so worth of school over a 4 year span. I did not play high school sports, I never went to social events, and the girl I dated did not even go to the same school. I really did not socialize in highschool Bill.

I worked 32 hours a week, played hockey 3 nights a week, took college classes in the summer time and did other various things......

I also chose to not to to LSSU because my mother was almost killed in an accident on my birthday.... I had more important things in my life going on with my family than to worry about myself.

Your preaching to the wrong person....

Edited by Rivalred, 19 June 2005 - 11:21 PM.

#53 Scott Lucidi

Scott Lucidi

Legend

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,237 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

Why in the world are you guys arguing over high school? thumbdown.gif

#54 OkThatSmells

OkThatSmells

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Yzyman @ June 19, 2005 - 11:40PM)

- Get laid
- Get drunk
- Graduate

Haha, that's pretty true. High school was the s**t but when you're out you can get laid and get drunk way more often. So leaving high school is the s**t too.

#55 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Scott Lucidi @ June 20, 2005 - 01:40AM)
Why in the world are you guys arguing over high school?  thumbdown.gif

Bill made a point that people only use HS as a means to the list above and that does not apply to everyone or anyone. Plus he created this thread which to most would be embarassing...

Edited by Rivalred, 20 June 2005 - 09:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users