• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanBarnes!

RWC: 'None of the four had great years'

Rate this topic

Yeah, keeping Bootland makes more sense to me than the others. If he improves his skating, he'd make a good grinder. If not, he's a great depth player.

Concerning the rest, I think Kopecky and Groulx had their shot. Kopecky has a ton of talent, but he's hardly using any of it. I like Robinson as a 'maybe' on account of his speed and his improved play after he left Grand Rapids. If they kept 2 of the 4, I'd say Robinson and Bootland.

Robinson, Bootland, Kopecky and Groulx in that order. Robinson and Bootland are probably 50/50 for being re-signed and the others 10% or less. Robinson has speed and isn't too shy physically. We need speed just as much as we need a big body like Bootland.

peace

Kopecky has by far the most talent of any of them...and he's got just as much physical ability as any of them. Give the guy a freakin full season.

Groulx will most certainly be cut loose. He, like Barnes, needed to be ready for the bigs. by last season if he was going to stay with Detroit.

I think Kopecky will be kept, simply because although he's struggled, he is the best combination of offensive skill and physical prowess the Wings have in the system. His only problem is that he has had a minor injury here or there that has thrown off his momentum. If he can put together a solid full season he will get back to being the monster he was in junior and in his first pro season. I still think Kopecky has the potential to be a major force in the bigs...he has more talent than the other three combined.

It will come down to whether they think Robinson's speed or Bootland's aggressiveness and attitude will be more valuable to the team as to which one is kept.

Kopecky has by far the most talent of any of them...and he's got just as much physical ability as any of them. Give the guy a freakin full season.

Groulx will most certainly be cut loose. He, like Barnes, needed to be ready for the bigs. by last season if he was going to stay with Detroit.

I think Kopecky will be kept, simply because although he's struggled, he is the best combination of offensive skill and physical prowess the Wings have in the system. His only problem is that he has had a minor injury here or there that has thrown off his momentum. If he can put together a solid full season he will get back to being the monster he was in junior and in his first pro season. I still think Kopecky has the potential to be a major force in the bigs...he has more talent than the other three combined.

It will come down to whether they think Robinson's speed or Bootland's aggressiveness and attitude will be more valuable to the team as to which one is kept.

Kopecky is horrible. How can he justify a place on the team when every season he gets injured all the time. The only reason he played physical this year was because he was on a line with Barnes and Vandermeer. He's never fulfilled his potential as a scorer and he is shy with physical play. Bootland had more goals then he did and played in 22 NHL games, why give up on him now. Don't we have enough soft players?

Edited by Barnes52

Kopecky is horrible. How can he justify a place on the team when every season he gets injured all the time. The only reason he played physical this year was because he was on a line with Barnes and Vandermeer. He's never fulfilled his potential as a scorer and he is shy with physical play. Bootland had more goals then he did and played in 22 NHL games, why give up on him now. Don't we have enough soft players?

Agreed, i would keep Bootland and Robinson they are the only two with NHL experience. Can someone please tell me how the Wings tell Bootland to concentrate more on his offence last season, so he scored 14 goals and had 20 assists for 34 points and was a +5 on a s**t team but then they turn around and say he had a bad year. And 1 more thing he was a -8 with 14 points when he was called up by the wings and he did just fine. So i think he improved last year.

Agreed, i would keep Bootland and Robinson they are the only two with NHL experience. Can someone please tell me how the Wings tell Bootland to concentrate more on his offence last season, so he scored 14 goals and had 20 assists for 34 points and was a +5 on a s**t team but then they turn around and say he had a bad year. And 1 more thing he was a -8 with 14 points when he was called up by the wings and he did just fine. So i think he improved last year.

And Kopecky has, what 7 goals? And he may get signed? I'm hoping they're serving notice to Bootland is all

And Kopecky has, what 7 goals? And he may get signed? I'm hoping they're serving notice to Bootland is all

Unbelievable. This is a biased organization. It's the Kenny Holland disease.

Unbelievable. This is a biased organization. It's the Kenny Holland disease.

Definately agree there, i bet that if Bootland had 10 PIM's instead of 336 he would be signed right away.

Huh? Bootland has played 22 games in the NHL, Kopecky had to buy a ticket. Bootland can score and gives Detroit toughness and grit, Kopecky gets a hangnail and he's out for months. Bootland had more goals, more points and lead the team with game winning goals. Kopecky wets his pants when an opposing player comes near him. He should try out for the woman's team in Slovakia, but he might not be tough enough

Edited by Barnes52

Huh? Bootland has played 22 games in the NHL, Kopecky had to buy a ticket. Bootland can score and gives Detroit toughness and grit, Kopecky gets a hangnail and he's out for months. Bootland had more goals, more points and lead the team with game winning goals. Kopecky wets his pants when an opposing player comes near him. He should try out for the woman's team in Slovakia, but he might not be tough enough

Can't compete with that argument. Good points. Sorry I'm just not a Bootland fan

This is why I never agreed with all of the European picks. Don't get me wrong, when there is something there, like there is with Kronwall, Grigorenko, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, go for it. But why draft a half-unknown European who may show up, when there are amazing OHLers right in front you?

I know that Dave Lewis has been to a few Whalers games, as has Lidstrom, among others, but Holland should seriously come down to the rink and watch for either the Whalers or whoever they're playing! If not Plymouth, then take Windsor, Sarnia, or Saginaw!

This is why I never agreed with all of the European picks. Don't get me wrong, when there is something there, like there is with Kronwall, Grigorenko, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, go for it. But why draft a half-unknown European who may show up, when there are amazing OHLers right in front you?

I know that Dave Lewis has been to a few Whalers games, as has Lidstrom, among others, but Holland should seriously come down to the rink and watch for either the Whalers or whoever they're playing! If not Plymouth, then take Windsor, Sarnia, or Saginaw!

Kopecky actually was pretty dominant in the WHL. Which is generally a tougher and more physical league than the OHL.

This is why I never agreed with all of the European picks.  Don't get me wrong, when there is something there, like there is with Kronwall, Grigorenko, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, go for it.  But why draft a half-unknown European who may show up, when there are amazing OHLers right in front you?

I know that Dave Lewis has been to a few Whalers games, as has Lidstrom, among others, but Holland should seriously come down to the rink and watch for either the Whalers or whoever they're playing!  If not Plymouth, then take Windsor, Sarnia, or Saginaw!

Kopecky actually was pretty dominant in the WHL. Which is generally a tougher and more physical league than the OHL.

He's never played a full season and he's always had guys that stuck for him and had his back which is why he was able to survive. His game is finesse and no grit, I've seen enough to know that losing him is nothing because we already have a whole roster full of guys who play the same way

This is why I never agreed with all of the European picks.  Don't get me wrong, when there is something there, like there is with Kronwall, Grigorenko, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg, go for it.  But why draft a half-unknown European who may show up, when there are amazing OHLers right in front you?

I know that Dave Lewis has been to a few Whalers games, as has Lidstrom, among others, but Holland should seriously come down to the rink and watch for either the Whalers or whoever they're playing!  If not Plymouth, then take Windsor, Sarnia, or Saginaw!

I would say that his "dominance" came from the fact that he was on the same team as Nathan Barrett, who led the league in scoring in Kopecky's 2nd year, and was 9th in Kopecky's 1st year. Now, I will credit Kopecky for being in the top 10 in rookie scoring, and being in the top 30 in overall scoring in his sophomore campaign, but he was helped a lot. The rookie phenom of Jeremy Jackson was also on his team for half of the season, and finished 7th in the overall league scoring. There was also Ryley Layden, who likely helped Kopecky's numbers.

the wings are giving up on robinson (they non-tendered him), and i believe the situation is the same for groulx, but bootland and kopecky are each getting another year or two... this is just rediculous because robinson prolly has the most potential out of all of them... bootland is no better than a grinder/ tough guy/ Kopecky has not shown the slightest bit of potential since coming over from sweden, and groulx didnt have a great year himself... letting robinson go might have been a mistake!!

the wings are giving up on robinson (they non-tendered him), and i believe the situation is the same for groulx, but bootland and kopecky are each getting another year or two... this is just rediculous because robinson prolly has the most potential out of all of them... bootland is no better than a grinder/ tough guy/ Kopecky has not shown the slightest bit of potential since coming over from sweden, and groulx didnt have a great year himself... letting robinson go might have been a mistake!!

Robinson has speed, but that's all he has. Guy has stone hands and a poor attitude.

Kopecky has more talent than the other three put together. he has just had a couple injuries the past two years that have kept him out of games and out of top playing condition.

Bootland is a solid player, but he needs to improve his defense.

Groulx was a longshot to begin with.

Kopecky isn't from Sweden.