12 replies to this topic

#1 Boss

Boss

Hall-of-Famer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

For those that have wished me well, thank you very much. Since I have been told that I am going to have to go through therapy for another 3 months, I decided to create a blog, since I am going to be bored as s**t. It's nothing fancy, it is just going to give me something to do. So check it out, and leave comments if you want.

Once again, thank you all..

http://harlanstone.blogspot.com/

#2 Scott Lucidi

Scott Lucidi

Legend

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,237 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:25 PM

thumbup.gif Get well soon, Boss.

#3 PuckMark

PuckMark

The various stages of my work day

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:27 AM

Boss, are you the same guy who was Chief Justice of the Supreme Court? That's pretty cool....

Get well soon, man. Back injuries suck.

Edited by PuckMark, 23 June 2005 - 08:27 AM.

"Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league."
- Scott Lucidi, June 25, 2003 @ 2:22pm

If Jack Bauer was ***, he would be called Chuck Norris.

#4 Rampage_Winger

Rampage_Winger

I can't wait to be old enough to feel ways about stuff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:15 AM

I'mma give you a ring soon. Show that injury who's Boss.
lol hugz

#5 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

Hope you start to feel better soon. smile.gif Take it easy.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#6 Yzerfan75

Yzerfan75

"Mmmm my poker face, mmm my poker face..."

• Silver Booster
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:51 PM

Get well, dude. If you ever wish to chat with another "gimp," feel free to drop a note. Trust me, I've had my share of issues (my spine's fused, for starters and I have more hardware back there than a Home Depot).

#7 Scott Lucidi

Scott Lucidi

Legend

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,237 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Yzerfan75 @ June 25, 2005 - 04:51AM)
Get well, dude. If you ever wish to chat with another "gimp," feel free to drop a note. Trust me, I've had my share of issues (my spine's fused, for starters and I have more hardware back there than a Home Depot).

Bring out the Gimp.

The Gimp's sleeping.

Well I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up.

#8 Yzerfan75

Yzerfan75

"Mmmm my poker face, mmm my poker face..."

• Silver Booster
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Scott Lucidi @ June 26, 2005 - 09:14PM)
Bring out the Gimp.

The Gimp's sleeping.

Well I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up.

LOL...yep. When I was doing the semi-pro wheelchair racing thing (had Gargoyle sunglasses as a sponsor but didn't any cash...just product...from them), I took part in the national track meet up in Boston. My teammates and I tried to talk the the m.c. of the opening ceremonies to play that snippet before the parade of athletes but he wasn't into it.

#9 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

Oh Boss, I hope you're feeling a bit better! Therapy can be time consuming and frustrating, but hopefully they'll get you back to 100%. You'll be back to dancin' with lovely ladies very soon.

I just injured my back while on vacation. I don't think it's that serious, though. I was thrown off an elephant about a week ago. Now that I'm back home, I'm going to see a doctor here (the hospital I visited in rural Thailand was really rustic). I'm hoping I won't need therapy... but if I do, can we do therapy together? That would make it much more fun.
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#10 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Muse @ July 7, 2005 - 12:36PM)
Oh Boss, I hope you're feeling a bit better! Therapy can be time consuming and frustrating, but hopefully they'll get you back to 100%. You'll be back to dancin' with lovely ladies very soon.

I just injured my back while on vacation. I don't think it's that serious, though. I was thrown off an elephant about a week ago. Now that I'm back home, I'm going to see a doctor here (the hospital I visited in rural Thailand was really rustic). I'm hoping I won't need therapy... but if I do, can we do therapy together? That would make it much more fun.

I hope you get well soon too Muse, but just to let you know, I had to laugh a little at how bizarre your injury story sounds.

"How did you hurt your back"

"Oh, I was thrown off an elephant in Thailand"
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#11 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (MSUDoubleJ19 @ July 7, 2005 - 11:50AM)
QUOTE (Muse @ July 7, 2005 - 12:36PM)

I hope you get well soon too Muse, but just to let you know, I had to laugh a little at how bizarre your injury story sounds.

"How did you hurt your back"

"Oh, I was thrown off an elephant in Thailand"

Thanks!

No kidding on the funny story behind my back injury. At least this injury of mine has a good story behind it. Much better than the last time I got hurt...

"How'd you tear three knee ligaments?"

"I tried to stand up."

laugh.gif

P.S. Asian pain meds are very powerful. I am likely to be a rather amusing person for the next couple of days. Enjoy. I'm gonna go back to drooling now.

#12 Vladinator

Vladinator

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

Wow...thrown from an elephant has to be one of the strangest causes of injuries I've heard of. I hope that your insurance covers that!!!

As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

#13 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:08 PM

The elephant company covered the hospital bill. Get this: in Thailand, the total bill for the emergency room visit, doctor, xrays, and medication came to $12 US.
That's not a typo.

I saw my doc today for a more thorough exam. Looks like some fractured ribs and a bit of back strain, and all should heal up okay. Woo-hoo!

I'm opening the LGW hot tub up for Boss and me. If anyone wants to join us, feel free. (No cannonballs into the hot tub, Lucidi). We may open up Muse's bar, since Boss sounds like he could use a good stiff drink. I know you're not supposed to have alcohol with Vicodin, but we'll just drink slowly. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users