• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ June 26, 2005 - 12:37AM)
Guys are incredibly straight forward...if a girl is confused by a guy, it's probably because she's overanalyzing.

And they all over analyze too. That's why one of my rules is never date a pysch major. They're the worst for over analyzing.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#22 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ June 25, 2005 - 01:47PM)
guys can be just as confusing.... even at 25

Amen, sister.
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#23 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

I will confess.... Us men (atleast me) sometimes get confused and say things or do things we regret, especially the consquences. sad.gif

Sometimes it is hard to decifer between being angry, being hurt, emotions, and common sense when it comes to a relationship.

Edited by Rivalred, 27 June 2005 - 07:07 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:38 AM

You're all novices laugh.gif

<---Expert
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#25 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Boards Cheif Autograph Hound

• 45 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ June 23, 2005 - 10:02PM)
Women are confusing as hell, we're not too simple to figure out ourselves either as well.

I strongly disagree with this.

Women have to be able to understand a few basics & EVERY male is easy (or atleast considerably easier) to understand.

1- food. If you cook for us, we're generally happy. Even if its only moderately passable for food, the fact that we didnt have to cook it ourselves or had to take it out of a package & microwave it is generally enough for us to be pleased.

2- television. Talking while watching a program is a huge no-no. Wait for commercials or until they are done watching TV. If you say "well they never elave the TV except to go out or go to bed" oh well, its something you have to deal with. We are not a species who revels in the idea of talking at length about topics that dont interest us. Thats why you have female friends, to have someone to talk with.

3. sex. If your not giving them sex on a semi regular or regular basis, they'll be cranky & unco-operative. We dont "want" it, we frankly "need" it. Without it we become unhappy & frankly unpredicatable (aka- cranky/bitchy/jerk). Its not something you can BS around, you MUST deal with it. We need it & want it, you have to give in to it. Saying "I dont have to do that etc etc etc" is fine, if you want an unhappy, unwilling & unfriendly mate.

4. Open ended questiond. DO NOT ask them. The thought process of a female & the thought process of a male are two completely different processes & neither of us is going to fully understand the other. so when you ask us "do you like this color fabric" Do you like these pants" & the dreaded "do I look ok/fat in these?" our response, which we interpret as acceptable, may not be contrued by you as the same & is nearly inevetably going to start an arguement. Dont ask a male his opinion on things you know he has little interest in, OR that you know there is a chance that you might get upset if his answer isnt 100% the way you envision him saying it. Its simple, dont ask questions about your size, weight, appearance in any type of clothes. If a guy DOESNT like the way you look, you'll know it by the lack of desire to be physically with you.

Other guys have a variety of "optional" neccesities. If a guy has a need to drink alcohol often, need to work with cars/electronics often, need to play golf often, etc etc. Dont nag him about it unless it becomes a problem in the home (especially with alcohol) just leave him. Dont "talk" to him about it, because that will just lead to arguiong & things wont get better most times.

We are VERY easy to understand.

Women on the other hand are NOT. They will outright tell you something to your face, swear on a stack of bibles its what they want & then do something completely the opposite to that. Not just once or twice, but often.
I've had MANY female friends even say they dont understand other females themselves. You rarely hear a guy say that about other guys. Why? Because we ARE easy to figure out for the mostpart.

#26 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:29 AM

Two of my coworker friends and I are thoroughly confused...maybe one of the twentysomethings here can help us out. I'm 25, they're 23 and 27.

Here's the problem: traditionally, it's the guys who are the wild and crazy ones, wanting random f**k buddies instead of a relationship, and are afraid of commitment. It's the girls who were always slow and cautious, looking to build a lasting relationship.

All three of us agree that these roles have been completely reversed. It's the girls now who are nuts, string along 3 guys at a time, act like sluts and display no semblance of responsibility, while us guys are just trying to find the right girl so we can live life as it's meant to be lived. What the hell happened? None of us are hideous looking, we have decent personalities, and we all have high-paying stable jobs and drive nice vehicles. In the old days, that made you golden. Now, none of us can find a girl who is free of major issues (i.e. doesn't have two other boyfriends on the side, isn't a druggie/alcoholic, isn't a supreme liar, isn't an extraordinary mind game player, etc.).

Maybe this is just a local issue in Toledo, but I don't think so. This appears pretty common anymore. Any of you other guys running into this?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#27 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ July 20, 2005 - 01:29PM)
Two of my coworker friends and I are thoroughly confused...maybe one of the twentysomethings here can help us out. I'm 25, they're 23 and 27.

Here's the problem: traditionally, it's the guys who are the wild and crazy ones, wanting random f**k buddies instead of a relationship, and are afraid of commitment. It's the girls who were always slow and cautious, looking to build a lasting relationship.

All three of us agree that these roles have been completely reversed. It's the girls now who are nuts, string along 3 guys at a time, act like sluts and display no semblance of responsibility, while us guys are just trying to find the right girl so we can live life as it's meant to be lived. What the hell happened? None of us are hideous looking, we have decent personalities, and we all have high-paying stable jobs and drive nice vehicles. In the old days, that made you golden. Now, none of us can find a girl who is free of major issues (i.e. doesn't have two other boyfriends on the side, isn't a druggie/alcoholic, isn't a supreme liar, isn't an extraordinary mind game player, etc.).

Maybe this is just a local issue in Toledo, but I don't think so. This appears pretty common anymore. Any of you other guys running into this?

To be honest, I think there are equal amounts of **** men and **** women. There probably are more amounts of **** women than in the past, because it's more acceptable (to some) now. But just because there are more, it doesn't mean that they have surpassed men by any means. Men are still whores too.

I know plenty of normal girls (and most of the time, I suppose I'm normal too smile.gif ). They're pretty, smart, good people, and they certainly aren't whores, but this is beause I wouldn't befriend a skank. I don't befriend manwhores either though, so I also know plenty of normal guys as well.

Are you and your single buddies only meeting skankwhores instead of good girls, or are you meeting neither and it is your outside perception that all the girls out there are sluts?
And I wonder

#28 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (MSUDoubleJ19 @ July 20, 2005 - 01:58PM)
Are you and your single buddies only meeting skankwhores instead of good girls, or are you meeting neither and it is your outside perception that all the girls out there are sluts?

We meet plenty of good girls...that are already wearing rings... sad.gif

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#29 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ July 20, 2005 - 12:29PM)
Two of my coworker friends and I are thoroughly confused...maybe one of the twentysomethings here can help us out.  I'm 25, they're 23 and 27. 

Here's the problem: traditionally, it's the guys who are the wild and crazy ones, wanting random f**k buddies instead of a relationship, and are afraid of commitment.  It's the girls who were always slow and cautious, looking to build a lasting relationship. 

All three of us agree that these roles have been completely reversed.  It's the girls now who are nuts, string along 3 guys at a time, act like sluts and display no semblance of responsibility, while us guys are just trying to find the right girl so we can live life as it's meant to be lived.  What the hell happened?  None of us are hideous looking, we have decent personalities, and we all have high-paying stable jobs and drive nice vehicles.  In the old days, that made you golden.  Now, none of us can find a girl who is free of major issues (i.e. doesn't have two other boyfriends on the side, isn't a druggie/alcoholic, isn't a supreme liar, isn't an extraordinary mind game player, etc.). 

Maybe this is just a local issue in Toledo, but I don't think so.  This appears pretty common anymore.  Any of you other guys running into this?

I'd say stop going to bars to meet women if you are looking for a relationship. People go to bars to get laid not to start meaningful relationships MOST of the time when it comes to romance/sex. I doubt girls or guys are geting ready to dance and drink til 4 am going "maybe i'll meet the girl/guy of my dreams tonight." It's usually "maybe i'll hook up tonight." Which is why you meet people at bars that are hooking up with 3 or 4 people already. It's one thing when you're in college cus it's a campus setting with the bars and you're likely to meet people with the same major, interests etc, etc. I would say join some club sports and things like that. Try to meet people there. If you already are branching out beyond bars, i woud say just be patient. The process of weeding out can take a long time. I think there are loose irresponsible people of both genders and unfortunately they seem to be the majority that you meet out and about.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 20 July 2005 - 12:16 PM.

ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#30 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ July 20, 2005 - 02:03PM)
We meet plenty of good girls...that are already wearing rings... sad.gif

Well there are plenty out there without rings, trust me. You just have to know where to look. In my experience, the best way to meet someone is through friends of friends. Any girl friends (not girlfriends) you have will pry have good, single girls for friends. Have a gathering at your place and invite and make sure your girl friends invite them! If you're lacking in the girl friends department, your married buddies' wives pry have single girl friends, so make sure they bring them.

And the nice guys that end up single have to be more aggressive, in my opinion. Don't be afraid to call a nice girl you meet or at least ask for her number! You can't just sit around and wait for them.
And I wonder

#31 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (MSUDoubleJ19 @ July 20, 2005 - 01:58PM)

Well, one problem my buddies and I do have is that we all work odd hours...nights and weekends. So our opportunities to meet people are somewhat limited from the get-go.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#32 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ June 26, 2005 - 12:37AM)
QUOTE (cap20066 @ June 25, 2005 - 06:17PM)
I hear all the time that guys are confusing...

But I just dont see it.

I know what I want, I can communicate it to her...

And no, I don't mean anything like that.

Guys are incredibly straight forward...if a girl is confused by a guy, it's probably because she's overanalyzing.

Ha. Guys are not any more straightforward than women are. You just think you are.

Look, we think you're confusing and manipulating.

You think we're all confusing and manipulating.

Generally speaking, it's worth dealing with the annoyances of the opposite sex.
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#33 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (MSUDoubleJ19 @ July 20, 2005 - 12:58PM)
To be honest, I think there are equal amounts of **** men and **** women. There probably are more amounts of **** women than in the past, because it's more acceptable (to some) now. But just because there are more, it doesn't mean that they have surpassed men by any means. Men are still whores too.

I know plenty of normal girls (and most of the time, I suppose I'm normal too smile.gif ). They're pretty, smart, good people, and they certainly aren't whores, but this is beause I wouldn't befriend a skank. I don't befriend manwhores either though, so I also know plenty of normal guys as well.

Amen, sister.

Sluttiness is an equal-opportunity characteristic.

You gotta lay off the barflies, men. Meet women at places where you'd like to hang out with a woman - church, other friends, the park, a hockey game...

other friends are usually a great way to meet people. They're pre-screened for ya. smile.gif

If you have married friends and you trust the woman, let her know you're looking to meet someone. Sometimes us ladies are really good at matching up couples.

When in doubt, there's always Yahoo personals.

#34 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ July 20, 2005 - 06:09PM)
Well, one problem my buddies and I do have is that we all work odd hours...nights and weekends. So our opportunities to meet people are somewhat limited from the get-go.

Honey, I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like you're just moving from one excuse to another. First the problem is women are sluts and now the problem is you can't meet women because of your job. If you wanna get out more you can, like Liddy Rules suggested, sports or social clubs are a great/fun way to meet people. Or do the friends of friends thing. The thing is, anything you do will involve you moving out of your comfort zone a little, and that's always a hard thing to do. But there really isn't any harm in trying!
And I wonder

#35 darko99

darko99

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:17 AM

Ok, as a generalization I will say that women are harder to understand than men. However, I know plenty of guys that are far more unpredictible than several women I know. Sting, there are good ones out there, but you have to decide what your priorities are. Most women by the time they are 24-30 looking for a serious relationship are looking for husband material, how do you portray yourself? My wife and I were married two weeks after my 19th birthday. I don't always understand her but she is more level headed than 99% of women out there (not to mention she's hot cool.gif). I knew when I was 18 I was ready to commit to her for life. If I wasn't of that mind set fairly quickly then she probably wouldn't have been interested. If a woman is a game player or you're not really sure about her, don't waste time. Spend your efforts finding the or a right one. You'll never regret it once you find her. Some of my friends have been married and divorced, all because they were kind of sure they had the right girls. People don't change when you get married, character flaws that bother you when you're dating will only get worse once married. If she's a head game player (keep your minds out of the gutter people) then she will manipulate you later. If she's a **** now, she will still be when you get married. This all assumes you even want to get married, if not disregard it.
user posted image

#36 gsusluvshockey

gsusluvshockey

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Sting 11 @ July 20, 2005 - 12:29PM)

I think that I have your answer.

It's the age.

Guys are crazy through their teens and early twenties. On rare occasions up to their thirties (after that they are just creepy old men). During this time some guys treat women like dirt. Not wanting anything to do with a serious relationship. Mainly just sex.
Then guys get tired of that lifestyle and find that they have driven all the decent women away. They begin to notice that they aren't as appealing as they once were (because the women have changed) and become lonely. They begin looking for committment.

Women on the other hand want to be "grown up" throughout their teens and early twenties. They look for men who they want to spend "forever" with. During this time they put up with a lot of the guys crap because that is what they think will make the relationship work. They give men sex in hopes of developing a serious, lasting relationship. After a while the women get tired of being dumped on by nearly every guy and decide that they do not want to be part of that anymore. They also begin seeing guys who want to commit but the women don't want to be tricked again so they become the "guys" they know. Meanwhile the guys have come to believe their own lie that sex equals committment. Women then use sex to keep guys around but they are sure to keep them far enough away as to not get dumped on again.

There is more too it but you get the point. One feeds the other.
You are seeing the after effects of the "wild guys" who used to be around. They are still around. Just not around your age.
Hockey is 90% mental. The other half is physical.
http://www.letsgowin...?act=boardrules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users