• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

Hmm.. I moved my TV up onto one of those wall things today and the color of everything is green. Its a normal TV, only had it for a year. Anyone have any ideas? I messed with the color settings to try and fix it but it just made the green more or less intense..
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#2 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

Is it a Plasma or LCD TV? (That's what I imagine it is, since you said "wall things")

What kind of connection do you use for the TV? Component, S Video, Coax, etc?

It sounds like either your TV has demagnetized somehow (which causes discolorization. I may be entirely wrong on that though, I also highly doubt this happened), or (more likely) you're on a Component connection, and one of the colors isn't plugged in all the way. I installed TV's at Best Buy, and that would happen all the time.

*edit* So check and make sure all the connections to the TV, and anything else you have it run to (VCR, DVD, Game console, etc) are secure.

Edited by Jedi4Jesus, 24 June 2005 - 02:20 PM.

2cwlto0.jpg

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:44 PM

Thanks, its just a normal Philips TV. By wall thing I meant one of those things you put on the wall and the tv sits on it, it swivels. I WISH it was a flat screen. It connects to the cable box through 3 CVI cables and a 2 audio (red/yellow) cables in the A/V in slots. I think the only way it could be demagnetized was I had like 4 surround sound speakers about 3 feet away and they were separated by a 2 inch wood shelf. Could that do it? All the cables are secure also...
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

Well, you usually only see a TV getting demagnetized if it's A-Really really old, or B-Been damaged/dropped in any way.

I still think it sounds like something's not quite right with your cables/setup, honestly. But beyond that, I don't have a whole lot in terms of advice. Sorry!

2cwlto0.jpg

#5 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

Yup you were right. There were 2 red component cables plugged into the back, one for the CVI and one in the audio in. Had those switched around. Now its workin fine. Thanks!

Edited by ARice89, 24 June 2005 - 07:46 PM.

#6 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

No prob.

2cwlto0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users