• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mannysBETTER3434

Piston's Off-Season News/Rumors

Rate this topic

Post anything you hear here about the Pistons this summer. Even though there shouldn't be major changes there will still be news about coaching, rookies, and adding bench help.

The Free Agent Market starts at midnight tonight and the names Finely, Houston, and Rose are rumored to visit Detroit. Thoughts on these guys?

Heres a good link on Pistons news so far....

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/3.../E03-232478.htm

Wow, I didn't know free agency started so early....Well, Hopefully the Pistons electrify the bench...

I was reading the link you provided above, towards the end of the article, it says Carlos Delfino has been rumored saying that he wouldn't play for Brown. In my oppinion, good..get him out of here. I never really liked him in the first place. That'll leave an open spot of someone better..

Edited by mattcorpolongo

Campbell is supposed to be retiring.

Ham and Jenkins likely will not be resigned.

Dupree has the option and should exercise.

Delfino supposedly doesn't want to play for Brown.

Acker and Johnson will take two of the remaining spots vacated by Campbell, Ham, Jenkins (and Delfino?)

The remaining one will go to signing the best available free agent we could get with our available cap space.

Funny comment from http://www.hoopshype.com/free_agent_rankings.htm on Latrell Sprewell's FA status: Although well past his prime, he should still command enough money to feed his family

Hi-larious.

C Milicic

F McDyess

F Johnson

G Hunter

G Arroyo

That's a pretty good bench unit. Some teams would like those guys to START. Heck, three of them have been starters within the past couple of seasons, and the other two are kids.

Guest FedorovSF

Yeah I would have to agree on that one, because I mean we got Amir Johnson, Jason Maxiell and Alex Acker, and You know that the Pistons will pick up some Free Agents

IMO The Pistons have the most Dominant Team in the league...

and with all of this new Great bench help they are going to win the championship this year..

because the only reason that they lost to the Spurs was because When people got Fouled out we had Lack of Bench Help...

and now with the awesome Bench help.. There is no stopping..

Conclusions from the Summer League:

Jason Maxiell: 15 ppg @ 51.9%.

Amir Johnson: 8.8 ppg @ 69.2%.

Alex Acker: 14.4 ppg @ 52.7%.

All had solid tournaments. Should all be looking at 10-20 minutes per game next season, probably Maxiell to see the most court time. Maxiell was announced a 1st Team All Star, while Acker was named in the 2nd team.

Darko Milicic: 9.8 ppg @ 36.7%, 5.8 rpg. Struggled throughout the entire tournament. Not a great inaugural Summer League. Signs are not good, you would have thought he had to put in a solid performance to be looking at decent court time next season.

Ricky Paulding: 4.2 ppg @ 33.3%. Gone, without a doubt. Joe Dumars said this was the make or break tournament for Ricky, and I can safely say that his days as a Pistons are numbered.

Andreas Glyniadakis: Played 1 minute in the Summer League. Same fate as Paulding.

I think Amir Johnson can be somthing special in a few years. He is from a high school that produces Divison 1 talent every year. He was suppose to go Louisville this year but then went pro. Hopfully he will become one of the steals of the 2005 draft.

From a Sean Deveny article:

With the addition of former Minnesota coach Flip Saunders to the presence of former T-wolves PG Chauncey Billups, speculation persists that the Pistons eventually will trade for one of Billups' best friends--Timberwolves PF Kevin Garnett. Not going to happen. Minnesota has no interest in dealing Garnett. . . .

Who knows? Maybe Joe D. could pull something off..

Supposedly San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix, and Miami are the front runners for Finley. I would LOVE to see him here.

It's too bad Rose and Houston werent released, as it limits our options. I think Sprewell will end up here if we dont sign Finley.

I don't want Sprewell. The whole attitude thing...

The order to get Finley appears to be the Heat, Phoenix, Spurs.

They will straighten him out, no way would he be able to have an attitude and stay on this team. Spree can be a good addition to this team, at least scoring wise.

Heat will get Finley, and also rings for each member of the roster.....

Ye' of little faith eh? You call yourself a Pistons fan?

The Lakers had a deeper team than the Heat (even if they do get Finley) and look what the Pistons did to them. They [The Pistons] aren't the same team as that year, they will be better. Delfino is going to be back and he brings instant scoring from the bench as would Spree. Arroyo is going to improve and play like he did the first 5 games when he got here (everyone was real pumped about him then he vanished). Darko may improve, may not, he's a crap shoot at this point and they may play Maxiell. Rasheed is supposively working out like a madman becuase he wants to make up for that one little mistake he did vs. S.A. Dice is still gonna come off the bench and put up solid numbers. And let's not forget about Flip, he is gonna bring a new offensive aspect to this team and if they still have that same d watch out.

But go ahead and count them out just like the rest of the world will, the favorite always doesn't win....

Edited by dallas27