• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey Master

What do we forsee for some players?

Rate this topic

Where do you think some players will end up, and how do you think they'll do?

Kronwall's up, Hudler's got a good shot, but how are some of the others going to do?

I think we could see more from Himelfarb and Manlow now, and if Bootland comes back, he'll get better offensively.

Himelfarb needs another season in the AHL, but his problem is size. Hudler had a crappy year in Grand Rapids and also has a problem with size, being he's only 5'9" or so. The best of the bunch is Bootland, he had more goals than the others and brings an element this team needs, toughness and grit, but he needs to use hbis head a bit more. Kronwall is a lock to make Detroit

Yeah, Kronwall's been pretty much a sure thing since the end of last season. I seem to recall assertions by managment that he was ready to be in the regular line-up when the next season began. Sure, that ended up being longer than we would have liked but I really doubt things have changed, particularly in light of his great season this year.

I believe GR will be as follows...

Centers:

Hudler

McGrath

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Left Wingers:

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Right Wingers:

Darryl Bootland

Todd Jackson (yes back from the ECHL)

Ryan Oulahen (possible I dunno if they feel hes ready for the AHL quite yet)

Andreas Jamtin

For Defensemen:

Bryan Helmer

Danny Groulx

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

and finally man'in those pipes (course this position especially depends on what happens with the new CBA)

DREW MACINTYRE

Stefan Liv

Edited by Seth

Himelfarb needs another season in the AHL, but his problem is size. Hudler had a crappy year in Grand Rapids and also has a problem with size, being he's only 5'9" or so. The best of the bunch is Bootland, he had more goals than the others and brings an element this team needs, toughness and grit, but he needs to use hbis head a bit more. Kronwall is a lock to make Detroit

Himelfarb had 19 goals, Bootland had 14.

Centers:

Hudler

McGrath

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Left Wingers:

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Right Wingers:

Darryl Bootland

Andreas Jamtin

For Defensemen:

Bryan Helmer

Danny Groulx

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

and finally man'in those pipes (course this position especially depends on what happens with the new CBA)

DREW MACINTYRE

Stefan Liv

Jamtin will play in Finland next season.

Centers:

Hudler

McGrath

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Left Wingers:

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Right Wingers:

Darryl Bootland

Andreas Jamtin

For Defensemen:

Bryan Helmer

Danny Groulx

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

Danny Groulx is as good as gone..he's been awful the last 2 seasons, and Greg Ireland finally had the guts to ship him off to another team. McGrath was just drafted, so he'll probably play another season in the OHL before being signed. Oulahen has actually been said to be one of the most pro-ready prospects we have. He plays an all around game and can chip in offense as well as defense. He'll more than likely be in Grand Rapids. Hartlieb was just an ECHL call up, so I doubt he'll be around as a full time player next season. I do hope they bring over Jamtin and Valtonen though. Jamie Rivers will probably be in Grand Rapids too. Williams, Mowers, Franzen, Hudler could also end up in Grand Rapids.

Centers:

Hudler

McGrath

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Left Wingers:

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Right Wingers:

Darryl Bootland

Andreas Jamtin

For Defensemen:

Bryan Helmer

Danny Groulx

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

DREW MACINTYRE

Stefan Liv

you sure? i mean im not tryin to be an ass er anything its just that i thought management thought it was time to bring him over?

Himelfarb had 19 goals, Bootland had 14.

So? Bootland is more NHL ready, his game fits better than Himelfarb's right now. Bootland's game is offers more than Himelfarb, Himelfarb is a scorer and I don't think he's ready yet for the NHL.

Bootland's goals were mostly on the Power play, he stood near the net and basically tried to do what Holmstrom does for the Wings.

I would like to see Bootland remain with the Griffins just to be in the agitator role.

So? Bootland is more NHL ready, his game fits better than Himelfarb's right now. Bootland's game is offers more than Himelfarb, Himelfarb is a scorer and I don't think he's ready yet for the NHL.

I wasn't saying anything about NHL readiness. You said bootland scored more goals than Himelfarb, etc. I was just saying he didn't.

Centers:

Hudler

McGrath

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Left Wingers:

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Right Wingers:

Darryl Bootland

Andreas Jamtin

For Defensemen:

Bryan Helmer

Danny Groulx

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

DREW MACINTYRE

Stefan Liv

you sure? i mean im not tryin to be an ass er anything its just that i thought management thought it was time to bring him over?

Yeah I'm sure. He signed a contract after the playoffs. I haven't heard anything about management wanting to bring him over. He's not ready for the NHL or the AHL yet. Maybe next year. Read this:

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stor...shNotebook.html

Bootland's goals were mostly on the Power play, he stood near the net and basically tried to do what Holmstrom does for the Wings.

I would like to see Bootland remain with the Griffins just to be in the agitator role.

And this team can't use more of that?

Icer-

You think Liv will join the Griffins? It said in the GR Press a few days back they will sign Jimmy Howard later this summer. Maybe will have Liv and Howard together? Will MacInyre be our starter?

That won't happen. The Wings management and Howard have already said he's going to finish up his last year in Maine.

Yeah I'm sure. He signed a contract after the playoffs. I haven't heard anything about management wanting to bring him over. He's not ready for the NHL or the AHL yet. Maybe next year. Read this:

http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/stor...shNotebook.html

thanks for the link...helps to stay updated. Looks like hes pretty headstrong bout playin on the Finnish ice.

Quincey and Oulahen both, most likely. Hopefully one or two of the Euro's too..like Filpulla, Blatak, Valtonen, Jamtin, Liv. MacIntyre will get lit up if he's our starter. He wasn't even a sufficient back up last season, which is why Joey Mac played like 70 games. Hopefully they can either lure Howard or Liv, or sign a veteran to play in front of MacIntyre.

You forgot Kopecky.

Liv will be the starter in Grand Rapids...MacIntyre hasn't even fully recovered from his injury and was shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season.

Liv will probably see 50-60 games as a Griffin this year. The rest will go to Mac and/or Koopmans.

Kopecky and Hudler will both have big years. Kopecky has added size and strength (he's now 6-3, 203) and has had some time off over the summer to recover from the injury that cost his large chunks of the last two seasons.

Jiri Hudler

Tomas Kopecky

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Darryl Bootland

Todd Jackson

Ryan Oulahen

Valtteri Filppula

Defense

Bryan Helmer

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

Brett Lebda

Travis Richards

Mirsolav Blatak

Goal

Stefan Liv

Drew MacIntyre/Logan Koopmans

You forgot Kopecky.

Liv will be the starter in Grand Rapids...MacIntyre hasn't even fully recovered from his injury and was shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season.

Liv will probably see 50-60 games as a Griffin this year. The rest will go to Mac and/or Koopmans.

Kopecky and Hudler will both have big years. Kopecky has added size and strength (he's now 6-3, 203) and has had some time off over the summer to recover from the injury that cost his large chunks of the last two seasons.

Jiri Hudler

Tomas Kopecky

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Darryl Bootland

Todd Jackson

Ryan Oulahen

Valtteri Filppula

Defense

Bryan Helmer

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

Brett Lebda

Travis Richards

Mirsolav Blatak

Goal

Stefan Liv

eh I'm sorry but in my opinon not only does Kopecky suck, after this year he'll be done in the AHL. That GR roster though, I'm liking how it looks, got some good young strong players there.

You forgot Kopecky.

Jiri Hudler

Tomas Kopecky

Eric Manlow

Eric Himelfarb

Matt Ellis

Ryan Barnes

Ernie Hartlieb

Tomek Valtonen

Darryl Bootland

Todd Jackson

Ryan Oulahen

Valtteri Filppula

Defense

Bryan Helmer

Derek Meech

Kyle Quincey

Brett Lebda

Travis Richards

Mirsolav Blatak

Goal

Stefan Liv

eh I'm sorry but in my opinon not only does Kopecky suck, after this year he'll be done in the AHL. That GR roster though, I'm liking how it looks, got some good young strong players there.

Yes, after this year Kopecky will be done in the A. He will have a good shot at being in Detroit because this year he'll be back to the dominant form he showed when he first started in the AHL.

MacIntyre wasn't shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season..he played the whole season in Grand Rapids as Joey Macdonalds back-up and was awful. Thats why He only played like 10 games, because he got shelled every time he stepped in net. He needs another full season in Toledo, or to be traded