29 replies to this topic

#21 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:07 AM

You forgot Kopecky.

Liv will be the starter in Grand Rapids...MacIntyre hasn't even fully recovered from his injury and was shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season.

Liv will probably see 50-60 games as a Griffin this year. The rest will go to Mac and/or Koopmans.

Kopecky and Hudler will both have big years. Kopecky has added size and strength (he's now 6-3, 203) and has had some time off over the summer to recover from the injury that cost his large chunks of the last two seasons.

Jiri Hudler
Tomas Kopecky
Eric Manlow
Eric Himelfarb
Matt Ellis
Ryan Barnes
Ernie Hartlieb
Tomek Valtonen
Darryl Bootland
Todd Jackson
Ryan Oulahen
Valtteri Filppula

Defense
Bryan Helmer
Derek Meech
Kyle Quincey
Brett Lebda
Travis Richards
Mirsolav Blatak

Goal
Stefan Liv
Drew MacIntyre/Logan Koopmans
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#22 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ August 4, 2005 - 02:07AM)
You forgot Kopecky.

Liv will be the starter in Grand Rapids...MacIntyre hasn't even fully recovered from his injury and was shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season.

Liv will probably see 50-60 games as a Griffin this year. The rest will go to Mac and/or Koopmans.

Kopecky and Hudler will both have big years. Kopecky has added size and strength (he's now 6-3, 203) and has had some time off over the summer to recover from the injury that cost his large chunks of the last two seasons.

Jiri Hudler
Tomas Kopecky
Eric Manlow
Eric Himelfarb
Matt Ellis
Ryan Barnes
Ernie Hartlieb
Tomek Valtonen
Darryl Bootland
Todd Jackson
Ryan Oulahen
Valtteri Filppula

Defense
Bryan Helmer
Derek Meech
Kyle Quincey
Brett Lebda
Travis Richards
Mirsolav Blatak

Goal
Stefan Liv

eh I'm sorry but in my opinon not only does Kopecky suck, after this year he'll be done in the AHL. That GR roster though, I'm liking how it looks, got some good young strong players there.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#23 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:23 AM

How has meech progressed this year?
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Seth @ August 4, 2005 - 03:08AM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ August 4, 2005 - 02:07AM)
You forgot Kopecky.

Jiri Hudler
Tomas Kopecky
Eric Manlow
Eric Himelfarb
Matt Ellis
Ryan Barnes
Ernie Hartlieb
Tomek Valtonen
Darryl Bootland
Todd Jackson
Ryan Oulahen
Valtteri Filppula

Defense
Bryan Helmer
Derek Meech
Kyle Quincey
Brett Lebda
Travis Richards
Mirsolav Blatak

Goal
Stefan Liv

eh I'm sorry but in my opinon not only does Kopecky suck, after this year he'll be done in the AHL. That GR roster though, I'm liking how it looks, got some good young strong players there.

Yes, after this year Kopecky will be done in the A. He will have a good shot at being in Detroit because this year he'll be back to the dominant form he showed when he first started in the AHL.

#25 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ August 4, 2005 - 12:07AM)

MacIntyre wasn't shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season..he played the whole season in Grand Rapids as Joey Macdonalds back-up and was awful. Thats why He only played like 10 games, because he got shelled every time he stepped in net. He needs another full season in Toledo, or to be traded

#26 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

If Liv starts, will MacDonald just become his backup like that, after playing most of the games?

What about Lamothe?
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#27 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean..Joey Macdonald will be the backup in detroit. IF Liv is even signed he'd be in Grand rapids. Lamothe is gone, he's playing in Russia i believe.

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (WingMan56 @ August 4, 2005 - 02:46PM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ August 4, 2005 - 12:07AM)

MacIntyre wasn't shuttling back and forth to Toledo last season..he played the whole season in Grand Rapids as Joey Macdonalds back-up and was awful. Thats why He only played like 10 games, because he got shelled every time he stepped in net. He needs another full season in Toledo, or to be traded

2004-05 Grand-Rapids Griffins AHL 24 0 0 0 1048 47 0 1 2.69 7 8 0 431 0.902 - - - -
2004-05 Toledo Storm ECHL 2 0 0 2 87 6 1 0 4.12 0 1 0 34 0.850

That's MacIntyre's stat line from last year.

#29 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:54 PM

I wouldnt call 2 games out of 80 shuttling back and forth. Hopefully they'll sign Howard or Liv, and a vet and send MacIntyre back down.

#30 steverman

steverman

Old time hockey, coach.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (TheNewGreatOne87 @ August 3, 2005 - 10:29PM)
bootland should get called up to replace mccarty, he fits that role perfectly

This won't happen, at least not right away. From what I understand the DRW brass was not all that impressed with Booter's day on/day off play. I for one think he's worth his salt and then some but he's going to have to impress the powers that be for a few games before he is given a role to fill like McCarty's. I'd like to see it, I'm a huge Booter fan. Let's just hope he gets picked back up to begin with.
ŞŦΞ√ΞЯMÃИ