• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PuckMark

PuckMark

The various stages of my work day

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:47 PM

This past Memorial Day weekend, I was flying from Grand Rapids to Charlotte, NC, with a layover in Cincinnati. After an uneventful flight to Cincy, I walked to my terminal for the connecting flight to Charlotte. I was just arriving at my gate, when all of a sudden, I heard the unnerving sound of screaming, and people yelling "LOOK OUT!!!" I don't think I need to tell you that this is NOT the sound you want to hear in the middle of an airport. Before I could even turn my head to see what was going on, I heard a tremendous crash that seemed to last for a few seconds. I quickly turned around to see the problem - an out-of-control Continental Airlines courtesy cart had careened into a bank of phones, sending them crashing to the ground.

Apparently, the man who was driving the cart momentarily forgot which pedal was the brake, and which one was the gas. You can see him getting out of the cart in the attached picture, which was taken approximately 10 minutes after the accident. For most of this 10 minutes, the poor driver just sat in the cart, with his hands still on the wheel. Thankfully, the family that was riding in the cart at the time was uninjured, and nobody walking in the terminal was hit, although many people just barely avoided getting run over.

In case you are wondering, I did what anyone would expect me to do in just such an emergency. I ran to the nearest store, and purchased a camera.

Picture

"Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league."
- Scott Lucidi, June 25, 2003 @ 2:22pm

If Jack Bauer was ***, he would be called Chuck Norris.

#2 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

oh my
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#3 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

That's hilarious! Hang around an airport long enough, and you'll always see some crazy things.

Toledo, for example, is a hotbed for two-hand-touch football on the airline ramp during down times. It once led to this telephone exchange:

*Ring Ring*

Me: "FAA, Toledo Tower."

Guy: "Hey tower, this is (someone) with Comair. We lost our football on the terminal roof. Can you see it from up there?"

Me: "Must have been a heckuva throw. Let me check...ah, yes, there it is. That's really close to our roof access door. I'll have one of our guys on break go get it for ya."

Guy: "Aww, thanks man! Have a good one!"

Me: "Have fun! Talk to ya later."

Obviously, the impression that our jobs are 100% stress-filled is a misnomer. hehe.gif

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#4 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:34 PM

LOL, wow...

Luckily no one was hurt.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#5 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

PuckMark, you made the right decision getting a camera. That is damn funny thumbup.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users