Rush Limbaugh

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darko99

darko99

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

Let me start by saying that I'm a moderate conservative and I think Rush is a little wacko right. However, listening to his show today for the first time in quite a while, he is FRICKIN funny. Serious, he should be a comedian. I was actually "lol" for the first half hour of his show today.
user posted image

#2 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:47 AM

He's a big fat idiot.

Just kidding. I actually think he is a very smart entertainer. Ok, pretty stupid in many ways (i.e. his personal life), but a brilliant entertainer and marketer.

I can't stand to listen to him for more than 5 minutes at a time. I used to listen to him when I lived in AZ and had to drive home late at night through the desert. Both Rush and Dr. Laura would keep me awake because I'd get so annoyed by them. They both don't listen - they pretend to listen to callers, and then just go off on their preconceived ideas. Rush in particular puts words in people's mouths, makes ridiculous assumptions, and is just a pompous jerk.

And I'm a left-leaning independent. Not a tree hugging, legs unshaved radical liberal commie like you think.

I actually feel the same way about Rush as I do about Randi Rhodes (Rush's "Air America" liberal counterpart). I don't like people who try to "make" news by contorting facts and injecting their opinions. Both Rhodes and Limbaugh will complain about what they *expect* someone to say or do, even when it hasn't happened. That really rubs me the wrong way.
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#3 whitneydatsyukrox

whitneydatsyukrox

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

I really enjoy his show. He's honest and stands by his opinions. Rush is incredibly funny as well. On yesterday's show, I was laughing forever when he was talking about the reporters, and said something like, "they're all saying, 'woe is us, this is so awful. The damage is huge..'. That's just like a reporter standing in 5 feet of snow saying, 'It's snowing'.
Canadian WINGS fan

"Boyd Devereaux is like a *** on a man. The coaches should take his stick away and say "Just go out there and confuse 'em."- Scott Lucidi, March 2004
Classic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users