• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gowingsgo

Brown Out

Rate this topic

IMO this was a gutsy move on Dumar's part, but the right one.

Hopefully we get someone good (e.g. Flip). But knowing Detroit's management I'm sure they have a plan in place already. At least I would hope so.

Well won't this please Darko and Delfino! Darko will be looking at 20 minutes a game next season. Larry Brown has a serious problem, please welcome the next New York Knicks coach....

i hope you're being sarcastic.

I wasn't being sarcastic, you knew I wasn't so get a grip. Honestly, Dumars will make sure that whoever our next coach is, he will play Darko for 15-20 mins. You're quite aware that Dumars has not been happy with the amount of time he's recieved, so this is bound to change.

I highly highly doubt that Darko will see more than ten minutes a game, let alone 15-20. I mean damn, what's the point of even keeping McDyess if we're just going to let Darko take up most if not all of his time. The times when they'd be both on the court would be very limited, usually either Ben or Sheed are on the court if the either one is resting, it'd have to be some strict circumstances for McDyess and Darko to both be out there.

This team really isn't in great need of devolping Darko quickly, our starting 5 will remain intact for at least 5 more seasons.

Well what an absoulute waste drafting Darko was then. I say we should either give him 15-20 minutes a game, or trade him for someone that will give us huge support immediately. I just cannot believe we chose Darko over Wade or Bosh or ANYONE.

Darko ain't gonna be getting 20 minutes a game, I don't think the Pistons want to play for the last playoff spot. Darko will be getting all the garbage minutes in the early parts of the season and towards the middle get more. At this point I think Maxiell and Acker will be seeing more minutes than Darko assuming they are on the roster.

I can't wait for next season, hopefully Delfino will come back and stay injury free and produce some solid numbers, if he keeps improving we may have a solid 2 back-up in him that is a threat on the court. Flip is a very good coach and finally has a TEAM and not one player and I think he can take the Pistons to the finals again, although if you ask me I don't think it would matter who would be coaching them, the Pistons could just will their way to the finals for all they know.

"If Saunders' thick playbook spruces up the offense as Pistons insiders expect, without any discernible drop-off on defense, they might end up being even more dangerous than they were." In other words they would be untouchable? If Darko pans out, Maxiell, Johnson, Delfino and Acker improve and Joe D picks up a good player to bring off the bench here and there I don't see why the Pistons can't make it to the Finals and win for the next 5-7 years.

Edited by dallas27

Well what an absoulute waste drafting Darko was then. I say we should either give him 15-20 minutes a game, or trade him for someone that will give us huge support immediately. I just cannot believe we chose Darko over Wade or Bosh or ANYONE.

Uh, who would Wade play for on our team? Chauncey? Rip? You honestly would've felt more comfortable with them in the place of Darko?

How does one of the rising superstars of the NBA coming off the bench sound? He would be getting 25 minutes a game, and contributing a fair bit more than Darko has/is.

And honestly dallas27, if Darko got 20 minutes a game, we wouldn't be playing for the last playoff spot. If we're truly 'untouchable' as you said, then surely playing Darko wouldn't hinder this?

And If Darko doesn't get 15-20 minutes per game, then I find it highly unlikely Amir Johnson, an 18 y/o straight out of High School, will.

I didn't say that I would play Milicic 15-20 a game, I said I think Dumars will make Saunders give him this amount of time.

And honestly dallas27, if Darko got 20 minutes a game, we wouldn't be playing for the last playoff spot. If we're truly 'untouchable' as you said, then surely playing Darko wouldn't hinder this?

No, if you read what I said correctly instead of twisting my words to see what you want to see, you would have seen that I said if Flip does improve the offense without sacrificing defense they would be untouchable. 20 minutes is a lot of time, thats almost two quarters, and would you want Darko in for that long? I know I wouldn't, I've never given up on him nor will I, he is only 19-20 years old and has time to improve. He's going to start getting garbage minutes, would you really want to throw in Darko in a close game? He may start off getting no minutes at all in the beginning, which is right becuase they have to break in Flip, but as the season progresses he may get 5 minutes, then 10, and then 15 tops. No way should he be getting more minutes then Delfino, Dice, and Arroyo...they can have an impact in the game...Darko still looks like a lost puppy out there just running around trying to pick people.

Edited by dallas27

Garbage minutes will not do anything for Milicic. The only way he is going to develop is playing minutes that mean something!!! Honestly, what is a minute or two at the end of a game where the result has already been determined going to do for your developement? The game against Miami last season, where he probably only recieved 10-15 minutes, he played quite well, especially considering he was guarding Shaq. He looked anything but a 'lost puppy', because he knew he could influence the game, and he did. And the game he started, 7-11 shooting, 16 pts, 7 rebs. Yeh I'd certainly trust Darko to be out there for 15-20 minutes a game, there's no reson we shouldn't trust him. If he has Ben or Rasheed out there with him, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I never said that he should get more minutes that Delfino or Arroyo, and besides they play different positons so how would Darko be stealing court time off them? If Dice gets injured, then we should make sure Darko is developed to the extent where he can come in and adequately replace him.

Garbage minutes will not do anything for Milicic. The only way he is going to develop is playing minutes that mean something!!! Honestly, what is a minute or two at the end of a game where the result has already been determined going to do for your developement? The game against Miami last season, where he probably only recieved 10-15 minutes, he played quite well, especially considering he was guarding Shaq. He looked anything but a 'lost puppy', because he knew he could influence the game, and he did. And the game he started, 7-11 shooting, 16 pts, 7 rebs. Yeh I'd certainly trust Darko to be out there for 15-20 minutes a game, there's no reson we shouldn't trust him. If he has Ben or Rasheed out there with him, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I never said that he should get more minutes that Delfino or Arroyo, and besides they play different positons so how would Darko be stealing court time off them? If Dice gets injured, then we should make sure Darko is developed to the extent where he can come in and adequately replace him.

You are using one game against the worst team in the NBA as a example for a good game, the Hawks were 13-69 last season. He started against a slightly better Charlotte Bobcat team that was 18-64 and went 2-8 and 3 boards. He played 8 minutes in that Miami game, got 2 points and 2 boards, and he did not impact that game other than drawing an offensive foul against Shaq. When I'm talking about impacting a game I'm talking about turning it around, Darko did not and will not do that for quite some time.

I never said that you said that he should get more minutes than Delfino or Arroyo, you just like to assume things. I'm not quite sure that Darko would be a good #4 spot (PF), I always thought Darko was a Center (#5)...

Edited by dallas27

"No way should he be getting more minutes then Delfino, Dice, and Arroyo..." Your words. I wasnt assuming anything, take a look at your posts before you have a crack at me.

And I'm sorry but if you saw that Detroit-Miami game, you would be aware that Darko had a much, much bigger influence than his stats suggest. He got a steal too and looked really intense. Darko IMPACTED that game, what you asked for.

"No way should he be getting more minutes then Delfino, Dice, and Arroyo..." Your words. I wasnt assuming anything, take a look at your posts before you have a crack at me.

And I'm sorry but if you saw that Detroit-Miami game, you would be aware that Darko had a much, much bigger influence than his stats suggest. He got a steal too and looked really intense. Darko IMPACTED that game, what you asked for.

"I never said that he should get more minutes that Delfino or Arroyo," that is implying (or assuming) that I stated that you said that he should get more minutes than those two OR that you just stated that he should, grow some more brain cells before you start running your fukkin mouth again ok?

No argument on the 7-11 19 points and all that crap against the worst team in the league? Yea, thats what I thought...He's still a 2 years away, I can feel comfortable with Darko getting 20 minutes a game AFTER he gets a season of 10 minutes a game with a new coach that spends time with him.

If anyone has ESPN Insider head on over to ESPN, usually the Pistons message board has them posted but can't find it- •Ford: Darko among biggest summer duds--

"First, a caveat: When judging players, take summer league performances with a grain of salt.

Success in the summer leagues isn't a very accurate predictor of who will become an NBA star. While in previous summers LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Al Jefferson and Marquis Daniels gave us early signs that they were ready to have breakout years, players such as Qyntel Woods, Willie Green, John Salmons and Zarko Cabarkapa have also dominated in these leagues.

A more accurate predictor is summer league failure. Nine times out of 10, it seems, if a player can't produce against the watered-down competition in the summer leagues, he'll struggle mightily to get it done against real NBA players during the season. But even that is only a short-term prediction, not a long-term one. "

Edited by dallas27

Yeh I will argue your comment that Darko's performance against the Hawks meant nothing. He still had to play hard to produce those numbers. There is NO WAY Darko will wait anohter 2 years for game time, so its' play him this season or goodbye. Would you be satisfied seeing him walk out of Detroit and becoming a star for another team? Or would you be prepared for him to play 15-20 minutes a night, even if it's against struggling teams.

Ford: Darko among biggest summer duds. Yes I saw this, but I think that youre perormance is hard to measure when you're playing with, and against, duds. Get him alongside Wallace or McDyess, and I'm sure you'll see an improved imput. Oh and btw, don't mouth off at me for having an opinion.

I'm a little confused about the whole Larry Brown thing. I've been out of town for awhile (ironically in Michigan but with little access to TV/newspapers) so I've only caught bits and pieces.

I thought at the end of the season Joe Dumars gave him an open invitation to come back, depending on what the doctors said?

Plus Larry himself stated over and over he was interested in remaining with the Pistons as their coach?

Oh what a difference a few weeks makes. Personally, I think he should retire. The team jumping thing has gone a little too far - plus he's no spring chicken, has health concerns, and already got the elusive title under his belt...go figure.

Yeh I will argue your comment that Darko's performance against the Hawks meant nothing. He still had to play hard to produce those numbers. There is NO WAY Darko will wait anohter 2 years for game time, so its' play him this season or goodbye. Would you be satisfied seeing him walk out of Detroit and becoming a star for another team? Or would you be prepared for him to play 15-20 minutes a night, even if it's against struggling teams.

Ford: Darko among biggest summer duds. Yes I saw this, but I think that youre perormance is hard to measure when you're playing with, and against, duds. Get him alongside Wallace or McDyess, and I'm sure you'll see an improved imput. Oh and btw, don't mouth off at me for having an opinion.

Been busy...

First off I'm not mouthing off at you becuase you have an opinion. I'm mouthing off becuase you put words into my mouth, twist sentences around to make them appear how you want, and assume things.

I would give Darko 10 minutes a game, more if they are up big and less if it is a close game. I want the Pistons to win the conference this year so they can have home court, I don't care how much they say they don't need it, it helps down the road. I don't think they can achieve that if Darko is playing 15-20 minutes a game.