• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:24 PM

I'm a little confused about the whole Larry Brown thing. I've been out of town for awhile (ironically in Michigan but with little access to TV/newspapers) so I've only caught bits and pieces.

I thought at the end of the season Joe Dumars gave him an open invitation to come back, depending on what the doctors said?

Plus Larry himself stated over and over he was interested in remaining with the Pistons as their coach?

Oh what a difference a few weeks makes. Personally, I think he should retire. The team jumping thing has gone a little too far - plus he's no spring chicken, has health concerns, and already got the elusive title under his belt...go figure.
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#22 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ July 25, 2005 - 12:21AM)
Yeh I will argue your comment that Darko's performance against the Hawks meant nothing. He still had to play hard to produce those numbers. There is NO WAY Darko will wait anohter 2 years for game time, so its' play him this season or goodbye. Would you be satisfied seeing him walk out of Detroit and becoming a star for another team? Or would you be prepared for him to play 15-20 minutes a night, even if it's against struggling teams.

Ford: Darko among biggest summer duds. Yes I saw this, but I think that youre perormance is hard to measure when you're playing with, and against, duds. Get him alongside Wallace or McDyess, and I'm sure you'll see an improved imput. Oh and btw, don't mouth off at me for having an opinion.

Been busy...

First off I'm not mouthing off at you becuase you have an opinion. I'm mouthing off becuase you put words into my mouth, twist sentences around to make them appear how you want, and assume things.

I would give Darko 10 minutes a game, more if they are up big and less if it is a close game. I want the Pistons to win the conference this year so they can have home court, I don't care how much they say they don't need it, it helps down the road. I don't think they can achieve that if Darko is playing 15-20 minutes a game.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users