• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lidstromania

Tigers making a playoff run?!?!?!

Rate this topic

it's games liek tonight that show why we won't make the playoffs.

9-2 loss to the mariners. the mariners!!!

maorth walks 4, hits one, gets hit 5 times, and surrenders 3 earned in his 1 and 2/3 of work.

an error on one of the most basic plays scores three.

we lost a series to seattle in july.

we're one game below .500 in the last week of july.

we're not making the playoffs.

it's games liek tonight that show why we won't make the playoffs.

9-2 loss to the mariners. the mariners!!!

maorth walks 4, hits one, gets hit 5 times, and surrenders 3 earned in his 1 and 2/3 of work.

an error on one of the most basic plays scores three.

we lost a series to seattle in july.

we're one game below .500 in the last week of july.

we're not making the playoffs.

The Tigers still have plenty of chance to make the playoffs.

Thay are 4.5 games out, with 61 games to play. The team has played well for the most part all month, and is two games over .500 for July.

They play a 3-gamer vs Oakland to end the month.

Next month they have 3 vs Seattle, 6 vs Cleveland, 6 vs Boston, 7 vs Toronto, 3 vs Oakland, and 3 vs KC.

They should be able to win: 1 from Boston, 3 from Cleveland, 5 from Toronto, 2 from Seattle, 1 vs Oakland, and 2 vs KC. That's 14 wins in 28 games. If they do anything exceptional (like sweep Boston) they could definitely get to the 20-win mark.

Trammell isn't going anywhere. And really, who should the Tigers get to manage? I know there's a lot of people who think Tram should be gone, but I never hear who should replace him.

I wouldn't mind them trading Maroth now. I heard on another board there's a rumor the Marlins want to trade Burnett for Maroth and Granderson. I'd love to see Maroth go, but no way would I want to lose Granderson. Give them Logan instead.

The Tigers still have plenty of chance to make the playoffs.

Thay are 4.5 games out, with 61 games to play. The team has played well for the most part all month, and is two games over .500 for July.

They play a 3-gamer vs Oakland to end the month.

Next month they have 3 vs Seattle, 6 vs Cleveland, 6 vs Boston, 7 vs Toronto, 3 vs Oakland, and 3 vs KC.

They should be able to win: 1 from Boston, 3 from Cleveland, 5 from Toronto, 2 from Seattle, 1 vs Oakland, and 2 vs KC. That's 14 wins in 28 games. If they do anything exceptional (like sweep Boston) they could definitely get to the 20-win mark.

4.5 games is a lot to be back with three days left in july.

i think everyone, even those that believe wholly in the tigers, recognize the impossibility of cachign up to the whitesox.

that means, to make the playoffs, the tigers must finish ahead of texas, baltimore, oakland, minnesota, cleveland, and the yankees (idc about toronto).

two games over .500 in a month in which we lead the league in hits isn't good. in fact, it's quite bad.

going by your "should be" reasoning, we shoudl have won the series against seattle. we should have done more than split the series against kc just after the all star break.

for the rest of the season, we play 15 games against teams with less than .500 records.

discluding us from that below.500 group (idk why i would do that, but i did), this is the amount of games our wild card competition has against sub-.500 clubs.

oakland: 12

baltimore:12

cleveland:20

minnesota:14

yankees: 16

texas:20

three wild card teams have more games against sub .500 clubs than us.

i love the tigers. i picked them for 90 wins before the season. i picked them for 86 wins at the beginnign of june.

i'm now hoping for 84, and i realize that there's no chance we're gonna get past 6 teams with comparabel schedules and better records.

Trammell isn't going anywhere. And really, who should the Tigers get to manage? I know there's a lot of people who think Tram should be gone, but I never hear who should replace him.

I wouldn't mind them trading Maroth now. I heard on another board there's a rumor the Marlins want to trade Burnett for Maroth and Granderson. I'd love to see Maroth go, but no way would I want to lose Granderson. Give them Logan instead.

marlins aren't gonna make that deal.

the only way they would take a package with a pitcher that doesn't help them now is if they can give away lowell and his contract.

the only way we're getting burnett is if he signs with us in the off-season.

Yeah, I know the Marlins would never take that deal. I'd still like to trade Maroth though, and Johnson too.

Back to 5 games out of the wild card and a three game series against wild card leader Oakland. Tonight, Robertson v. Zito.

I'm begining to believe the Tigers enjoy losing. Today, they traded their top reliever, Kyle Farnsworth for 2 crummey picthers, Roman Colon, 1-2 with a 3.09 ERA as a starter, 0-3 as a reliever with a 7.71 ERA..and Zach Miner 2-7, with a 4.23 ERA.....What the hell is that!?