14 replies to this topic

#1 dr_lobster

dr_lobster

Mega Man

• PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

http://hockey.fantas...ahoo.com/hockey

" With recent announcement of a new labor agreement, we eagerly anticipate getting the 2005-06 season underway. We will begin accepting sign-ups in August."

I'm GREATLY anticipating being able to start my own Yahoo FHL, but I was wondering in advance of August, if someone could describe to me how it works. I've played Fantasy Basketball...is it just a head-to-head format, with the different stat categories? I know Yahoo could change the rules, but how many people are typically in a league, etc? Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
IPB Image

#2 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,082 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:15 PM

LGW has maintained a Yahoo fantasy league for about 5 years or so, I think.

As long as the format remains the same as the last couple of years, we have a live draft, you have a set "starting lineup" that is changed daily and is limited to a certain number of players at specific positions. You tally points in certain categories, like goals, assists +/-, PIMs, shots, etc.. (Goalie stats, too).

It's head to head, so you're going against your opponent for that week.

Last year we had 20 statistcal categories, so the most a GM could take in one week was 20. The top half of the leage goes the playoffs while the other half has a "best of the rest" tourney. There are bye weeks for the top two seeds.

There are trades, free agents, all of that good stuff.

Instead of starting your own, I'd highly recommend join LGW's when it opens registration soon. It's a highly-competitive league and fun every year!

#3 yzerman&thewings=CUP

yzerman&thewings=CUP

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Mattias19 @ July 22, 2005 - 05:15PM)
LGW has maintained a Yahoo fantasy league for about 5 years or so, I think.

As long as the format remains the same as the last couple of years, we have a live draft, you have a set "starting lineup" that is changed daily and is limited to a certain number of players at specific positions. You tally points in certain categories, like goals, assists +/-, PIMs, shots, etc.. (Goalie stats, too).

It's head to head, so you're going against your opponent for that week.

Last year we had 20 statistcal categories, so the most a GM could take in one week was 20. The top half of the leage goes the playoffs while the other half has a "best of the rest" tourney. There are bye weeks for the top two seeds.

There are trades, free agents, all of that good stuff.

Instead of starting your own, I'd highly recommend join LGW's when it opens registration soon. It's a highly-competitive league and fun every year!

when does it start, I want in!!!!
When our time here on Earth is done, we will leave everything we have behind. But, we will take with us all that we are - Adrian Rogers

#4 m96m

m96m

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

Also, in Yahoo's, there's different types of leagues you can join in.

For example, LGW's is a head-to-head based league, where you compete against a different GM every week.
However, on Yahoo, you can also be a part of a pool that is point based only.

My friends and I have a point based pool hosted by Yahoo every year, they're fun.
The LGW one should be awesome too.

#5 hockeygod

hockeygod

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (m96m @ August 2, 2005 - 08:09PM)
Also, in Yahoo's, there's different types of leagues you can join in.

For example, LGW's is a head-to-head based league, where you compete against a different GM every week.
However, on Yahoo, you can also be a part of a pool that is point based only.

My friends and I have a point based pool hosted by Yahoo every year, they're fun.
The LGW one should be awesome too.

Hi,

I would like to know who I have to PM about getting in the leagues for yahoo and for LGW league.

I have tryed to PM one person on here and have not heard back please let me know

Thanks
tom

#6 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

I'm also going to shop for a fantasy league soon - and I'd love to be in the LGW one! Please let us know how we can access the LGW league - it's hard to sort through the tons of custom pools on yahoo...
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#7 Norwegian Wings Fan

Norwegian Wings Fan

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (RockyMountainWingGal @ August 18, 2005 - 11:58AM)
I'm also going to shop for a fantasy league soon - and I'd love to be in the LGW one! Please let us know how we can access the LGW league - it's hard to sort through the tons of custom pools on yahoo...

Matt will post a message with the invitation and signup info for the LGW league.
"Women are like pianos. If they're not upright, they're grand."

#8 Guest_Royalty (Guest)

Guest_Royalty (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:55 AM

Count me in as well. I'm not a regular poster but i visit this forum often.

I've been playing this game a couple of years and i like to participate in an active league. A lot of managers stop playing after the draft, i don't.

Shouldn't take long before we can signup:

With recent announcement of a new labor agreement, we eagerly anticipate getting the 2005-06 season underway. We will begin accepting sign-ups in August.

#9 Christian

Christian

God bless the world.

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:09 AM

Is there going to be more than one league if it fills up?

Also, have you considered doing a seperate league for newbies that have never participated in a Yahoo Fantasy league to even the playing field a bit? I did fantasy football before but never fantasy hockey and I'd feel a little intimidated with all these pros in here. laugh.gif

#10 Norwegian Wings Fan

Norwegian Wings Fan

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:10 AM

Matt, signup has begun on Yahoo now smile.gif

This is like x-mas, my birthday and new years eve, all in one LOL

#11 Guest_Royalty (Guest)

Guest_Royalty (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:31 AM

Great!

Looking forward to an active season. Hopefully i can particpate in a live draft. It is 6 hours later here in the Netherlands.

#12 Norwegian Wings Fan

Norwegian Wings Fan

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Royalty @ August 19, 2005 - 03:31PM)
Great!

Looking forward to an active season. Hopefully i can particpate in a live draft. It is 6 hours later here in the Netherlands.

Time difference has never stopped me from joining the live draft the last 3 years smile.gif

#13 Guest_Royalty (Guest)

Guest_Royalty (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

I know, you can't miss the coolest feature of the game ;-)

but if you did not attend the draft you can always try to trade players :)

#14 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

You gonna make biscuits?!

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Christian @ August 18, 2005 - 10:09AM)
Is there going to be more than one league if it fills up?

Also, have you considered doing a seperate league for newbies that have never participated in a Yahoo Fantasy league to even the playing field a bit? I did fantasy football before but never fantasy hockey and I'd feel a little intimidated with all these pros in here. laugh.gif

I'm feeling the exact same way. I'd really like to learn how to join one, but I don't want to feel like such a n00b with all these veterans going at it like dogs on a steak...

#15 hockeygod

hockeygod

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Norwegian Wings Fan @ August 19, 2005 - 04:10AM)
Matt, signup has begun on Yahoo now smile.gif

This is like x-mas, my birthday and new years eve, all in one LOL

Hi,

where is the link and or password to sign up for matts hockey league at yahoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users