• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

College Football Talk

Rate this topic

Let's chat away here about anything and everything with the upcoming season!

I won't be able to comment accurately on Michigan schools or Big-10 action, haven't looked too much into the conference, but my inital guess is it'll be up in the air between Michigan and Ohio State. I think something that could work in Michigan's favor is it Texas beats OSU early in the season, that could wear them out IMO. My school played Northwestern a few times when I was there, so they are a team that interests me some. They could possibly get to a bowl game if they stay injury free and play fairly consistent.

I'm a huge LSU fan, so I pay good bit of attention on the SEC. I don't know much about Tennesssee, but some are considering them National Championship contenders. Speaking for LSU, they're ranked usually between 6-10 in most polls, but they have all the talent in the world, especially on offense and a not-too-demanding schedule to contend for the National Championship. The big keys for them is staying healthy and having a quarterback step up. They signed a high-school all-American from around the region where I live and he's talking like he's coming in right away. I want to see him play, but we got another quarterback that was inconsistent last year but was heralded and just played magnificently in the bowl game LSU was in last year. I'd like to see this guy start initially and see if he can play consistently during the season.

It'll be interesting for my alma mater, TCU. Conference switch to the MWC where there's no real dominant team, but you'll probably see plenty of 7-4, 8-3 type records. TCU could be one of those schools as well if the pass defense improves a bit, it wasn't a pretty sight last year for the defense, we went 5-6 last season missing a bowl game for the first time in 7 seasons, when the talent the team had should've easily yielded a record of at least 8-3. They got lots of talent on offense, but defending the ball in the air will be the big issue again.

My bad for the long insight. smile.gif

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Thank you SWF for starting this thread! I can't' wait till college football!

I think the Big 10 crown will be decided during the last game of the year when Michigan plays Ohio State. And I think you have to go with Michigan this year. Michigan hasn't beat OSU in a couple years, plus the game is at the Big House.

I know Iowa is also very good with great LB's and Drew Tate but I think they will lose to Michigan and Ohio State.

Michigan State could also make some noise in the Big Ten this season. They don't have a really good team, but they got a pretty easy schedule. They don't play Iowa and have a bye week before Ohio State. That leaves them with just Michigan...which is at home.

When its all said and done I really believe Ohio State or Michigan could play and BEAT USC in the Rose Bowl.

In the Big Ten Purdue has a ridiculously good schedule. They might win by default. I hope it'll come down to Michigan and Ohio State again and I really like our chances this season (Go Bucks!). I've seen Iowa ranked as high as #3 in a couple of preseason polls, they could even be national championship-caliber. Penn State could surprise a lot of people as well.

No matter what I CANNOT WAIT for the football season to begin. College football is just behind hockey for me so it's a great time of the year.

According to many a friends that go to Miiiiichigan their football team is going to be ridicously good, whether or not that holds true I don't know, thats just what my buddies say. I just can't wait for College Football, the NFL, and the NHL to get started up, I like College Football over all of them though.

In the Big Ten Purdue has a ridiculously good schedule. They might win by default. I hope it'll come down to Michigan and Ohio State again and I really like our chances this season (Go Bucks!). I've seen Iowa ranked as high as #3 in a couple of preseason polls, they could even be national championship-caliber. Penn State could surprise a lot of people as well.

No matter what I CANNOT WAIT for the football season to begin. College football is just behind hockey for me so it's a great time of the year.

Your right on Purdue. They have a above average team, and don't play U-M or Ohio State. They do play Iowa though. From what Boilermaker fans say their new QB Kirsh is better then Kyle Orten. I still think MSU's schedule is pretty easy too.

HAHA!!!

Can you imagine..........

2006 Rose Bowl

USC 24

MICH 20

4th and 4 ball on the 48

:5 left in the game Michigan trails by 4.........

HERES THE SNAP!

Henne, solid protection..... hes sees Breaston wide open, here he goes...........................................................................................................................

HE GOT IT TOUCHDOWN TOUCHDOWN TOUCHDOWN STEVIE BREASTON WITH A MAGNIFICENT CATCH TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHIGAN WINS 26-24!!!

That will happen you just watch!

That would be awful....my dad would never let me hear the end of it.  If it was a play for the national championship, dont you think they'd go to someone with better hands such as Avant.

I take it your dad likes Michigan? If thats the case he really must have made you mad for you to switch to the Buckeyes laugh.gif

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Guest Whits896

OHHH YEEAAAAAA

What a solid team, one day they WILL rise.

Paterno > god

user posted image

Penn State is at least 2 years away from being good. They could play spoiler this year though. All Penn State fans are excited about Justin King and Derek Williams (which you should be) but remember they are freshmen, and there are not many Adrian Pettersons, Chad Hennes, or Micheal Harts out there.....They will have to develop and mature.

HAHA!!!

2006 Rose Bowl

USC 24

MICH 20

4th and 4 ball on the 48

HERES THE SNAP!

Henne, solid protection..... hes sees Breaston wide open, here he goes...........................................................................................................................

HE GOT IT TOUCHDOWN TOUCHDOWN TOUCHDOWN STEVIE BREASTON WITH A MAGNIFICENT CATCH TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHIGAN WINS 26-24!!!

only 48 yards?

Just give it to Hart..he can get 48 yards on one rush no problem.

Anybody see any of the Big Ten media day? Always gets me excited for the upcoming year. Possibly a 3-way battle at QB for my Buckeyes.

I watched it but missed most of Ohio State. Who is the 3rd QB? I know about Zwick/Smith. Were they talking about the freshmen Schoenoft (sp) ???

He was mentioned but will most likely be redshirted. The third I was talking about was Boeckman. The kid might be better than both Smith and Zwick. Personally I hope Smith start because our offense was definitely more effective with him in the shotgun.

We have a bit of a dilemma though, Smith is suspended for the first game so either Zwick or Boeckman will start...our second game is against Texas, maybe the biggest game in the NCAA in the first half of the season. Might be shaky if it's Smith's first game. Real nervous about that game. And then we play Iowa two games later, we'll know real quick in the season if we have the National Championship caliber team that was mentioned or a up-down team like last year.

Don't write off MSU, they still have Stanton who if he stays healthy can cause some damage in the big ten. I've got ohio state winning the big 10 this year. I don't think UofM is going to be as big as they're hyped to be. Without Edwards they can't throw lame duck passes up in the air and watch him come down with it. Hart can be stopped if he becomes too much of a problem. You need decent recievers and a decent QB, and I don't think UofM has either.

Guest Whits896

yea, psu is still predicted to have a losing season, but i think they will eventually pull out...

remember the end of last season. indiana. msu.

last year paterno said they were only a player or two away from competing with the best teams in the country...now they have two great players, once they get better competing in college, and more will come im sure, they will at least get a good bowl i think

He was mentioned but will most likely be redshirted. The third I was talking about was Boeckman. The kid might be better than both Smith and Zwick. Personally I hope Smith start because our offense was definitely more effective with him in the shotgun.

We have a bit of a dilemma though, Smith is suspended for the first game so either Zwick or Boeckman will start...our second game is against Texas, maybe the biggest game in the NCAA in the first half of the season. Might be shaky if it's Smith's first game. Real nervous about that game. And then we play Iowa two games later, we'll know real quick in the season if we have the National Championship caliber team that was mentioned or a up-down team like last year.

OSU has two huge games in the first month (iowa & texas), if they can some how win both of those games they could definatly go undifeted going into the michigan game, then who knows..

yea, psu is still predicted to have a losing season, but i think they will eventually pull out...

remember the end of last season. indiana. msu.

last year paterno said they were only a player or two away from competing with the best teams in the country...now they have two great players, once they get better competing in college, and more will come im sure, they will at least get a good bowl i think

Penn State is ranked in this weeks SI as like 30th or somewhere around there. So you're probably right. To be honest, I don't think anyone really knows how the big 10 is going to end up this year.

HAHA!!!

2006 Rose Bowl

USC 24

MICH 20

4th and 4 ball on the 48

HERES THE SNAP!

Henne, solid protection.....  hes sees Breaston wide open, here he goes...........................................................................................................................

MICHIGAN WINS 26-24!!!

only 48 yards?

Just give it to Hart..he can get 48 yards on one rush no problem.

You know whats scary.....

Some people around here think Kevin Grady can be better than Hart.....

For the sake of the rest of America...lets hope not. wink.gif

You guys are going to need one hell of a good game to beat us this year.....

Could be the best game in the series ever....

Think of all the match ups....

Historic rivals....Big Ten Championship on the line............Rose Bowl birth on the line (boy that would freaking sweet)..... Matchup of Heisman canidates (Ginn VS Breaston, Henne and Hart)............114,000 fans going nuts......

We both have a chance of being 10-0 going in to that game......

its going to be one hell of a season!!!!

I think the Big Ten is gonna be awesome this year with Michigan, Ohio State & Iowa all looking like national championship contenders. I think Penn State need to convince Joe Paterno to retire before his legacy gets further tainted.

Will be interesting to see how Notre Dame goes under Charlie Weis this year.

Edited by LondonWing

As far as I'm concerned, the only place Michigan can go is up. Yes, Edwards is gone, but on the plus, Henne and Hart will be even better than they were before. I mean, Henne was a freshman and look at the show he put on. The dulldrums of John "You Mean I Can Actually Leave The Pocket?!" Navarre are over. Rose Bowl baby, that's where we're heading this year. TSDS doesn't stand a chance when they dare enter the Big House.