• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

favorite wing never to win the cup in Detroit

Rate this topic

Who is your favorite wing never to win the cup in Detroit?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm getting a warm, fuzzy feeling from all the Drake love. That he came back and fulfilled people's dreams just makes me happy as a hot chick at a hockey fight.

Lang, Probert, Dino...

It's funny, but when I think back, I mostly remember guys who won Cups. I guess the good years are the ones that stick in my head.

I feel you've started a never ending cycle.

Ya, I started by just putting in random page numbers and found some beauty's by Mindfly and an old nemesis of mine OmnipotentHudler...once I saw that name, I was looking all over for this one user who also loved Hudler and really really hated me, all I remember is she was from Alaska...

Ya, I started by just putting in random page numbers and found some beauty's by Mindfly and an old nemesis of mine OmnipotentHudler...once I saw that name, I was looking all over for this one user who also loved Hudler and really really hated me, all I remember is she was from Alaska...

Mindfly has been "gone" for a bit, right? I've been here since 2004 and was amazed at some posts of his/hers.

That said, Dino all the way. Dude gave heart and soul every shift. He got the s*** beat of of him like Homer does and he's a small dude. For sure Dino, in my opinion.

A player that I would have loved to see hoist a cup is Reed Larson. He was a rock solid player every night, on some God awful Red Wings teams. Not comparing him at all to Lidstrom, but he was every bit as important to the team then, as Nick has been for the past 15+ years.

The defense was based around his play, the offense started with his ability to move the puck, and his wicked slapper was the key weapon of their powerplay. And he was never scared to drop the gloves and go with anyone that tried to take liberties with one of his teammates. IMHO, he doesn't get the recognition that he deserves because he played during such a horrible period of Red Wings Hockey.

Man, some of you are showing your age. How about HOF radio man Bruce Martyn? 1964-1995 and never won the cup........

But he sure drank his fair share of them on the air.

Here is a name NO-ONE has mentioned: Mike Knuble. They guy has turned into a solid 2 way player and scores 20-30 goals anually. I was still kinda young when he played for us but he was one of my faves as a kid.

Here is a name NO-ONE has mentioned: Mike Knuble. They guy has turned into a solid 2 way player and scores 20-30 goals anually. I was still kinda young when he played for us but he was one of my faves as a kid.

thats because he won a cup with the Wings during the 97-98 season

Guest Johnz96

thats because he won a cup with the Wings during the 97-98 season

he only played 3 games I don't know if his name is even on the Cup

Edited by Johnz96