• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SpankEmRed

Quincey and Oulahen - SIGNED

Rate this topic

Anybody feel really good about either of these guys? If they didn't sign on Thursday, would it be a big loss? I'm feeling 'no' on both accounts. If we had to sign one I'd lean towards Quincey... it's a rather uneducated commitment though not having seen either play yet.

Anybody feel really good about either of these guys? If they didn't sign on Thursday, would it be a big loss? I'm feeling 'no' on both accounts. If we had to sign one I'd lean towards Quincey... it's a rather uneducated commitment though not having seen either play yet.

Oulahen would be less of a loss.

Quincey is the top defense prospect in the Wings' farm system (Kronwall aside-he's on the big club now)

Oulahen is a solid player but is nothing spectacular.

Are you serious?! Quincey would be a huge loss. He's a 6'2" Northamerican defenseman that can hit. That's one of a kind among Detroit prospects. He was also the last one cut from the Canadian junior team at the 2004 WJC.

Are you serious?! Quincey would be a huge loss. He's a 6'2" Northamerican defenseman that can hit. That's one of a kind among Detroit prospects. He was also the last one cut from the Canadian junior team at the 2004 WJC.

I can't help but think that his hernia injury at 19 years old is a bad omen. That's the only hesitation that I have.

I've met and been able to watch both Kyle and Ryan, and in my opinion that are going to be great additions to the Grand Rapids Griffins. Sure, they might be young, but I think they are going to develop and grow into even better hockey players with GR. Kyle is a good, strong, defensman that will be able to help the Wings in a few years (possibly even sooner depending on how he does in GR). Ryan was the captain of his OHL club, and I think he has leadership skills that will help him along the way. I think both are great additions! They're both sweethearts as well! cool.gif

No mention of Howard, though. Back to Maine, I guess. It's too bad; most of what I had read about him agreed he was ready for the next step.

Has he signed any kind of deal in the past? Aren't un-signed 2003 draftees put back into the draft pool for Saturday?

Quincey is the top defense prospect in the Wings' farm system (Kronwall aside-he's on the big club now)

Oulahen was named the most underrated player in the OHL last season by the coaches and ranked in the top three in faceoffs, penalty killing, defensive forwards, and skating. He scored nearly a point per game while playing against the best offensive players in the OHL every shift. And he's the captain of the team. He doesn't put up spectacular offensive numbers, but he is a spectacular player.

Howard can still sign with Detroit. The deadline was for signing 2003 drafted players that are eligible to re-enter the draft or become UFAs. There is no deadline to sign college players or Europeans, so he can still sign. Howard could sign in November if he wanted to.

Oulahen is a strong Battalion forward. His numbers were on the rise and he was team captain.

Quincey was the #2 d-man behind Danny Syvret in London before Bryan Rodney made him expendable. Quincey is a strong, big d-man who can move the puck. Like it was said, he's a 6-2 NORTH AMERICAN defenseman.

Oulahen was named the most underrated player in the OHL last season by the coaches and ranked in the top three in faceoffs, penalty killing, defensive forwards, and skating. He scored nearly a point per game while playing against the best offensive players in the OHL every shift. And he's the captain of the team. He doesn't put up spectacular offensive numbers, but he is a spectacular player.

Howard can still sign with Detroit. The deadline was for signing 2003 drafted players that are eligible to re-enter the draft or become UFAs. There is no deadline to sign college players or Europeans, so he can still sign. Howard could sign in November if he wanted to.

I never said Oulahen wasn't a good player.

But he's much more of a Draper type...solid contributor offensively, defensive stalwart. The kind of guy I would call spectacular is Fedorov. Elite defense and amazing offense, big and strong. Most complete player to play in the NHL in a long time.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/0507/30/...port-264265.htm

Nothing major, but this Oulahen kid is going to be good! He played his OHL in Brampton about 30 minutes from where I am. He's an excellent two way hard working player, and another mid-round gem, 5th round, 164th overall in the 2003 entry draft. I've seen him play a few times.

http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/profile....b=1&id=77&sid=1

I don't know to much about Kyle Quincey, but here's info on him. 6 2', 210 at 19 years old ain't bad! I had a friend who met him, Kyle does some work in the local hospitals.

http://www.mississaugaicedogs.com/display_...p?player_id=110

Edited by Barrie

More on Oulahen. In a OHL Coaches poll he was named most underrated player, hardest worker, and best penalty killer. Gotta love those hard workers!

http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/inside.p...p?sid=4&id=3766

Edit: We could see him in Grand Rapids next year

http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/inside.p...p?sid=4&id=3803

Edited by Barrie

Oulahen has good skills, and was the captain of the Battalion. His numbers were increasing, and he kept up a strong defensive game.

Quincey was the best d-man on Mississauga and was strong offensively, as well as tough defensively.