• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacAttack25

Is it time to move Dandy to forward?

Rate this topic

Is it time to move Dandenault back to forward?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's time to move Dandy back up.He and the Wings will really benefit from that under these new rules.He's fast,good passer,pretty good shot,and decent strength.I say you put him on a line with Maltby or Draper,or even both of them.You've got speed,grit,and a very defensive line on the ice.Plus,it makes room for another blue liner you can bring in.Also,if somebody gets hurt,you can move him back.

Your thoughts?

I love Dandenault. It seems he scores more goals defending rather than being a forward. I love his versatility and that he can do anything. Kind of like Brandon Inge. So whatever he likes better and what the team wants, is fine by me.

Montreal plans on having him play right wing. He was missused here.

Dandenault improved quite a bit as a player thanks to switching..he would never have stuck around so long if he had just stayed at forward. Remember, he did not play 70+ games until the year he switched to D, and last year was the first year he dropped back under 70 games. He also fell out of the top six with the emergence of Kronwall, and was used at forward many times later in the year.

I love Dandenault. It seems he scores more goals defending rather than being a forward. I love his versatility and that he can do anything. Kind of like Brandon Inge. So whatever he likes better and what the team wants, is fine by me.

Just, Dandy doesn't put up good numbers, and isn't considered to be an All-Star Candidate.

Dandenault was one of my favourite players on the team and it p*ssed me off to see him go.

With his speed and versatility, he was a great player to have around. If he was still here (assuming that we would have still made all the moves that we have since he left) then I would have played Dandenault on the wing. With Delmore and hopefully Simpson added to the Wings blue-line corps, we would have had enough depth back there to allow Dandenault to move up to RW.

Playing Dandenault at RW on the Grind Line with Draper and Maltby would have been great, as although he wouldn't have made up for the loss of the pure grit and toughness of McCarty, he would have added a different dimension that McCarty never could; speed and a bit more offensive talent.

The Grind Line would have been probably as good with Dandenault at RW as it was with McCarty there, but it would have been a completely different line in terms of it's character and makeup.