Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone know anything about Madden 06?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

If you do please post it on the site.
Thanks

#2 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

http://xbox.ign.com/...698/698634.html

#3 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

It's gonna be a prison simulator?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#4 fadetoblack

fadetoblack

Smart Dog

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:53 AM

you can also go to ea.com it comes out august 9th i believe

#5 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:35 AM

The game comes out tommrow Aug 9th, I can't wait to get it because the Lions are actually good in it this year below is the overall ratings for each Lions player on the default rosters. IGN has reviewed the game and gave it a 88/100 rating and said the Superstar mode is the most original idea EA has come up with in years.

http://sports.ign.co...en06/lions.html

#6 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

I am getting it tomorrow!!! I just got paid today, so I will definitely be getting it for X-Box. And I got XBL, so if anyone wants to play, I'll give you my username or something. Haha.

#7 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:21 PM

I got Madden today from EB Games!! I also got a warrenty on it to where if anything happens to the game(damage wise), I can take it back to any of their stores and they will replace it for free. It only costed an extra 3 bucks so I said why not. Afterall, I can't keep track of the amount of games I've bought and my brothers have ruined because they just throw it out of the game counsole and it's laying on the floor.

When I went and purchased the game, the guy offered me the stratagey guide for Madden 06 and if I had bought it today, that I would've recieved 30% off on it. I said no. He said it included draft tips and whatnot, along with some other little "secrets" about the game. Should I still go out and buy it, or do you think I should just not bother with it?

I haven't went on XBL with it just yet, still getting used to the controlls and whatnot because I haven't really played X-Box all that much, so I'm getting the moves down and stuff. Overall, I am quite pleased with the game. Smooth gameplay, the graphics are nice, etc. and the Lions are actually a pretty good team in there! That's the only team I've been so far. In my first exhibition game, I was facing the Redskins and they took the lead early, but I bounced back. I'm starting to get more consistent with the running game, but still not so sure about the whole new passing idea they got. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to playing it on XBL once I get used to it. Did anyone else get this game for X-Box, and if so, do you got it LIVE? Maybe we could play a game or two some time! smile.gif

#8 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

You gonna make biscuits?!

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:53 PM

I read that it wasn't as good as last year's version, and I think the new passing system is a bit iffy, so I'm gonna pass on it this year. I'm not the biggest football fan so it doesn't really matter.

NHL 06 on the other hand... I'll get that every year no matter what the reviews say. Oooooh, I can't wait!

#9 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (ManiacStan @ August 10, 2005 - 12:53AM)
I read that it wasn't as good as last year's version, and I think the new passing system is a bit iffy, so I'm gonna pass on it this year. I'm not the biggest football fan so it doesn't really matter.

NHL 06 on the other hand... I'll get that every year no matter what the reviews say. Oooooh, I can't wait!

The passing system is a bit weird. Still not used to it. After getting my running game going, that totally slipped. Playing online is fun, but very stressful at times because I didn't play many "quick games" to get really familiar with the game, moves, etc. so, I haven't done so well playing online. My first game went into two extra quarters. It was quite sweet how I tied the game to send it into the first OT though...I was punting it...as soon as I punted it...ran down the field, the guy didn't call a fair catch and BOOM nailed his ass and there was a fumble -- picked it up and ran for the TD!! After that though, he was calling fair catches...and my game went all downhill from there. Couldn't recieve a pass if my life depended on it. Althoug it was a close one, (21-15) still had a pretty sloppy game from the 4th qtr and beyond.

Then the next one...man, I was getting my ass kicked even before the first half was over! It was like 30-7...so, hopefully that'll change soon. laugh.gif

Hopefully I'll get used to the passing system, because it is very, very different compared to previous Madden games.

#10 ManiacStan

ManiacStan

You gonna make biscuits?!

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Naslund19 @ August 10, 2005 - 12:53AM)
QUOTE (ManiacStan @ August 10, 2005 - 12:53AM)

The passing system is a bit weird. Still not used to it. After getting my running game going, that totally slipped. Playing online is fun, but very stressful at times because I didn't play many "quick games" to get really familiar with the game, moves, etc. so, I haven't done so well playing online. My first game went into two extra quarters. It was quite sweet how I tied the game to send it into the first OT though...I was punting it...as soon as I punted it...ran down the field, the guy didn't call a fair catch and BOOM nailed his ass and there was a fumble -- picked it up and ran for the TD!! After that though, he was calling fair catches...and my game went all downhill from there. Couldn't recieve a pass if my life depended on it. Althoug it was a close one, (21-15) still had a pretty sloppy game from the 4th qtr and beyond.

Then the next one...man, I was getting my ass kicked even before the first half was over! It was like 30-7...so, hopefully that'll change soon. laugh.gif

Hopefully I'll get used to the passing system, because it is very, very different compared to previous Madden games.

It just was not right for EA Sports to put that in the game, cause to me it looks like it's lost all of it's 'pick up and play' attributes. Madden has gone almost 100% towards only hardcore gamers.

You see, the thing is, I don't know much about football, just the basics, but when it comes to players and stuff I have no clue. It makes it too hard for me to fully enjoy it cause I don't know any that crap.

That's why I love Blitz so much (just the classic N64 96 ones or whatever), cause you pick it up and play and don't need to know jack sh*t.

NHL however I'm hardcore to, cause I can have the full game experience since I know the nooks and crannies of hockey.

Madden I love, but the more 'realistic' passing system just pushed it over the edge for me. I'll stick with 2005.

#11 Naslund19

Naslund19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

XBL gamertag: You fail me. (It's not mine, it's my brother's, haha!)

#12 Grinder_25

Grinder_25

Rookie

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:43 AM

They are focusing more in the 360 version and making good this year, thats why this years version is almost the same as the last two years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users