• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fingercots

After this draft....

Rate this topic

since it doesnt appear that the wings have drafted anyone that will make an impact in the nhl within the next few years and since we may lose datsyuk (though i pray we dont) is there any chance that igor grigorenko will come to play in north america sooner than expected?

i know that most people dont think he will play over here for at least another year, but our need for new blood may make it necessary to bring him to play for the griffins this season. and who knows, maybe he could make it in the nhl this year. id rather see him on the wings than hudler.

Yeah, it would probably be a better idea to have Grigs in Grand Rapids--but as people have pointed out before, he's unlikely to trade playing in Russia for a minor-league team.

management has already stated that grigs will spend the 2006 season playing in russia. Though I do agree with you I wish he were coming over here this year and play for GR.

Doesn't matter where Grigs plays...he'll be one of the best players in his league, and then come over and will win the 07 Calder.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Grigorenko/Fischer/Kronwall/Howard...

Future All-Star core!

Hudler, Quincey, Kindl, Liv could do it too.

I would love to see Griggs playing in Grand Rapids this year..but I can see why he would want to stay in Russia for another year. I have met him and I just can't wait to see him skate!!! biggrin.gif

Doesn't matter where Grigs plays...he'll be one of the best players in his league, and then come over and will win the 07 Calder.

Future All-Star core!

thumbup.gifbiggrin.gif We have a bright future ahead and great young wings.

Future All-Star core!

it does indeed look very good not great, but damn good.

Future All-Star core!

it does indeed look very good not great, but damn good.

That's a lot of really strong young prospects and roster players who are going to be core players for this team within two years-assuming Dats' contract situation is resolved.

2009 or 2010, maybe sooner, the Wings will have an elite team comprised mainly of 20-28 year olds. That's killer.

The wings, despite the need to begin developing top end talent, seem pretty adament about allowing Igor to brew in russia for another year and continue to develop and get back to where he was before this whole series of events happened. I would love to see him asap, but when we will see him is anotherstory. Ideally bringing him over now would likely allow him to get a lot more ice time instead of later when some of these other young guns may have proven themselves.