• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu in Israel

Where's Evan McGrath?

Rate this topic

Please lock down thread...

You do realize that no one even noticed this thread and it was about to drift over to the 2nd page before you posted in it.

And what's this arrogance telling mods to lock or not lock threads.

In about ten years....

Harsh...

Anyway, that's a committment though anyway. And you have to have a hell of a temper. How do some of our mods manage to not lose it once in a while and abuse their power, i don't know...

What I meant in starting this topic is that McGrath has played for the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL (Ontario Hockey League?) and there's been no indication that he's being "promoted" to the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins to continue his development. Anyone heard anything about this?

In about ten years....

Vadim and I had a poor exchange that was deleted rightfully so (my poor reaction).

Please don't cut ties so early -- I like most of your work -- especially on prospects the Central Scouting Bureau knows nothing of. wink.gif

Stu, Evan will have another (hopefully great) season in Ontario and may have a shot at making the Red Wings in 06/07 -- they will have to have him signed by next summer though which is expected. Sorry about the suggestion of locking your thread up -- I did not notice it was you. You know hockey.

What I meant in starting this topic is that McGrath has played for the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL (Ontario Hockey League?) and there's been no indication that he's being "promoted" to the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins to continue his development. Anyone heard anything about this?

You don't get promoted to the AHL. Frankly, for a young player, I am not even sure if that's a promotion.

But in order to become a Griffin, he would have to be signed by the Red Wings to a contract and then sent down to the minors.

a. That's a waste of money. He's not exactly tearing apart the OHL so keeping him in Juniors is perfectly fine.

b. I'm not sure if the new CBA allows you to send U20 N. American players with CHL rights to the AHL or ECHL. That was the case with M.A. Fleury a few years ago, I think.

This season coming up in Kitchener could be huge for McGrath, with Richards signing his contract with Philly. A real test to see what McGrath is made of; I'm looking forward to it. Just don't take it out on my Whalers.

This season coming up in Kitchener could be huge for McGrath, with Richards signing his contract with Philly. A real test to see what McGrath is made of; I'm looking forward to it. Just don't take it out on my Whalers.

Damn straight....Zubor cares...

Mcgrath had a solid year for kitchener of the OHL... and i believe has another year of eligability in the OHL... when his time there is up, unless he proves himself to be a bonafied scorer, he will likely spend a year in Grand rapids to ease the transition to pro hockey... remember, he was a third of fourth round pick, and most of the middle rounders, unless they break out in juniors right away, spend a year or two in the minors first... one example is zetterberg, we took him as a middle of the pack guy on draft day (fourth round) and we left him in sweden long enough for him to take his skills to the next level and now hes just a step away from joining the NHL's elite!!

Mcgrath had a solid year for kitchener of the OHL... and i believe has another year of eligability in the OHL... when his time there is up, unless he proves himself to be a bonafied scorer, he will likely spend a year in Grand rapids to ease the transition to pro hockey... remember, he was a third of fourth round pick, and most of the middle rounders, unless they break out in juniors right away, spend a year or two in the minors first... one example is zetterberg, we took him as a middle of the pack guy on draft day (fourth round) and we left him in sweden long enough for him to take his skills to the next level and now hes just a step away from joining the NHL's elite!!

McGrath actually has two years of eligibility remaining. As he was born in 1986, this is his expected, break-out year. However, as we saw last year, he is well on his way. Next year, as in 06-07, will be his last year of eligibility, as an over-ager. However, if the Red Wings sign him, and they ought to, he will 99% for sure NOT be back with the Rangers.

Evan outta play in Sweden this year, if he could...

Evan wouldn't play in Sweden this year, that would be stupid for a kid like him. He's 19 and is quite happy staying in Kitchener where he also has a free-education plan I'm quite sure. He will remain in Kitchener this season, and should be signed next season and sent to the farm for the first bit. Now he maybe was a 5th round pick I believe but he was projected 1st round that year. the reason he drastically dropped was because his follow up year and his fabulous rookie year he had wasn't much of an improvement, however last season with Mike Richards out of the line-up he did very well and was top 6 in OHL scoring and led the Rangers. He was 2nd behind Richards come playoff time. He will most likely be captain of the Rangers this year and has a good shot at the leading scorer title. Detroit got a huge steal on McGrath and expect him to be taking Datsyuk's position in around 4-5 years time, he has speed and is very good with the puck and had improved his physical game this year I believe from what I saw at Rangers training camp.

He will be at rookie camp and will be in the AHL next season, I live in Kitchener and McGrath is a huge part of this team, he is a fine player and has 1st line capabilities in the future.