• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 pavel13

pavel13

It's still confusing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

If Grigorenko hadn't been injured, he probably would have played in the NHL in 03-04. I remember that they signed Hudler shortly after Grigorenko was injured. I think the original plan was to sign Grigorenko (or both, but I highly doubt that they would have signed only Hudler), but obviously that wasn't possible after the accident.

I read recently (on freep, I think) that Holland was considering signing Grigorenko, but the transfer agreement was not in place with Russia, so the plan fell through.

I expect Grigorenko to play at a level very similar to what made him a top ten prospect before his accident. He seems very determined to get back and to be a good player. Broken bones typically heal stronger than they were before, so other than his year of not playing hockey, I don't expect his development to have been affected as much as some suggest.

I've heard that he has gained a good bit of weight (up to about 220lbs), and hasn't really lost any of his speed, which, especially considering his accident, is pretty amazing.

#22 heals_3000

heals_3000

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:54 AM

ZOmG!!!!1111!!ONEONE!!ELEVEN!!1111
IPB Image

#23 Terrible Ted

Terrible Ted

Hell Raiser

• 44 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:21 AM

Iggy is coming over to the Wings next season and is going to be the Man.

#24 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:00 PM

I dunno what the RSL is doing, some kind of tournament thing, but Grigs has 2 goals in 2 games.

#25 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (ToddDaGod @ September 11, 2005 - 01:00PM)
I dunno what the RSL is doing, some kind of tournament thing, but Grigs has 2 goals in 2 games.

Actually that would be the regular season. They call every set of games Round X. Sweden does the same.

peace

Posted Image

#26 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

Actually that would be the regular season. They call every set of games Round X. Sweden does the same.

peace

Thanks for the info NN. Well then Grigs is doing well in the reg. season, which is good!

#27 mibby

mibby

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

Keep Russians out of cars!