• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest youssp9

Osgood or Thibault?

Rate this topic

Guest youssp9

We probably could get a goalie as early as monday. Osgood, T-bo or neither. Personally i think that we will go with osgood and at a cheap price. If holland wants t-bo then he is gonna have to trade. Possibly manny. What u guys think?????

Guest ontariowingsfan

is someone punking me??

c'mon ashton... come out come out wherever you are

Guest ontariowingsfan
i'm still waiting for the "opie is better than 'bulin" comments to start slippin' out.

ya.. i'm on standby for that too babe

Guest ontariowingsfan

seroiusly... let me give it a go. let me play net c'mon !!!!

Osgood by far. I actually like T-bo. But he's way too injury prone, and has a major hip problem. No way should the Wings take a risk at that. Osgood is the better goalie anyway. How is 1.5 mil expensive? Could we possibly have any more threads on the same topic?

Guest youssp9

t-bo is good and osgood is just well... doesnt live up to his name os"good"

t-bo is good and osgood is just well... doesnt live up to his name os"good"

osgood is just well?

Over 300 wins

One of the highest winning percentages by a goaltender in NHL history

3 All Star Games

2 Stanley Cups

Career goals against of 2.44

Top 4 in the league of goaltenders with most shutouts

2nd best goaltender stats wise in Wings history

MVP of the year in 02 for the Isles

Played on a Blues team suffering without their best players, and still taking them to the playoffs

Jennings trophy

Oh yes indeed Osgood is just "well" how can he possibly be better than T-bo? WHAT GAMES DO U PEOPLE WATCH? Lord Have Mercy. WHAT HAS JOCELYN DONE THAT IS SO ABSOLUTELY GREAT? Really, I'd LOVE to know. Please inform me.

Hmmm lets see,

Osgood 307-177-66 gaa 2.44,

Jocelyn 227-217-68 gaa 2.69,

Osgoods clearly, besides Jocelyn is a girls name tongue.gif

Jocelyn is a girl's name, but then Osgood cried after the playoff loss to the Sharks.

Just having a little fun. I'd take Osgood back at a decent price. He played well in St. Louis and has a nice history with the organization. Besides, he always maintained that he wanted to retire a Wing.

A lot of people wanted Lapointe back. A lot of people wanted Shanny back. Why not Osgood, too? I hear Paul "the rocket man" Ysabaert is looking for work.

I would take Thibault, just casue i think he is VERY underatted

Take a look at all that Osgood has accomplished in his career. No matter WHERE he's played, no matter HOW talented the Team in front of him, his numbers/stats are fantastic.

Now take a look at all of the various threads on this board. Count up the number of posters who scream at the top of their lungs that "Osgood SUCKS!", while extolling the phenominal virtues of such proven, amazing goaltenders as Biron, Dunham, Thibault, and others.

Now tell me......

Just precisely WHO is "underrated" here?

Give your head a shake, folks.

osgood is just well?

Over 300 wins

One of the highest winning percentages by a goaltender in NHL history

3 All Star Games

2 Stanley Cups

Career goals against of 2.44

Top 4 in the league of goaltenders with most shutouts

2nd best goaltender stats wise in Wings history

MVP of the year in 02 for the Isles

Played on a Blues team suffering without their best players, and still taking them to the playoffs

Jennings trophy

Oh yes indeed Osgood is just "well" how can he possibly be better than T-bo? WHAT GAMES DO U PEOPLE WATCH? Lord Have Mercy. WHAT HAS JOCELYN DONE THAT IS SO ABSOLUTELY GREAT? Really, I'd LOVE to know. Please inform me.

I would like Osgood back. He got pimped. Like you stated you can't argue those stats...Plus in his 1st year in NYI, started 66 games won 32 lost 24 tied 6 and 4 SO...As long as we get him cheap...He's also a familiar face, played with half the team. And knows what he's getting into here with the fans...

Thibault

2003-04 - 14-5-7-2 - 2.85 .913

2002-03 - 62-26-28-7 - 2.37 .915

2001-02 - 67-33-23-9 - 2.48 .902

Career - 2.69 .905

----

Osgood

2003-04 - 67-31-5-8 - 2.24 .910

2002-03 - 46-21-17-6 - 2.95 .892

2001-02 - 66-32-25-6 - 2.5 .910

Career - 2.44 .907

Stop the "what has Thibault done?" posts. Look at the Sav% and GAA. Not a big difference when Thibault is playing for Chicago and Osgood is in St.Louis.

I'd perfer Thibault(not by more more) but it depends on the price, I dont see Chicago handing him over.

Osgood won most of those honors on stacked Red Wings teams. Being on a good team makes u alot better than u really are. And for this thread, neither.

So whats your opinion of Grant Fuhr, Ken Dryden, and Patrick Roy?? They played on "stacked" teams. Just because you are the goalie for a "stacked" team doesn't mean you win. Ask Ron Hextall, ask Tim Cheveldae, ask Eddie Belfour from his years in Chicago, ask CuJo. Ozzie got the job done in Detroit, and like it or not, its looking like he WILL be the guy the Wings sign.