• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

LEAFS-WINGS TRADE RUMOUR

Rate this topic

We should sign Sean Burke and platoon him with Legace... cheap and effective goaltending.... and perhaps by the end of the year work in MacDonald, Howard, or someone else as Manny approaches UFA status next summer.

LEAFS-WINGS TRADE RUMOUR.

640 TORONTO: reports a trade rumour that would see the Maple Leafs trade Ed Belfour and Wade Belak to the Detroit Red Wings for forward Henrik Zetterberg. This move would then allow the Leafs to sign Curtis Joseph for half of what Belfour makes.

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_...de_rumours.html

This is BS...

Ha Ha Ha! I guess that Crack shipment arrived in time -- I wouldn't take Belfore and Belak for Rivers and Mowers... well maybe those two. rotflmao.gif

Guest Boss

These guys are insane. Go look on the Maple Leafs board and see some of the "rumors, or ideas" that they have.. Example--

1. Belfour,Belak, Mogilny(even though he is UFA, which other members ppointed out) for

Zetts AND Dats.

2. This one, was my favorite on their board.. Belfour to TB for Vinny L. The guy said, well,

the need a goalie now...Toronto Maple Leaf fans are wack jobs.

3. Sundin for Iginla --this was also a funny one.

4. Ponikrovsky and Antripov for Illya K.

There really must be a sale on crack pipes in Toronto. Cause, if you look around their message boards, they actually believe in these rumors or that these trades could work.

This trade makes perfect sense. The Wings trade one of the brightest young stars in the game for a washed up fourty-year-old goalie and a scrub.

DO THIS TRADE KENNY!!!!

Stupid Toronto media...

The only thing I would trade Zetterberg for would be like Heatley or Nash, or something like that. Not a goalie that has the trade value of Anders Eriksson.

Edited by Trapt1307

I'm with all of you on this one...when I first heard this rumour I almost puked out my cereal.

I think its safe to say that if a deal like this were to actually go down, I would seriously begin to doubt the tam that I love so dearly.

----------------

And as for Leaf fans....you're all lucky you don't live here in Toronto. Leaf fans' thoughts are pretty simple: the Leafs have won the cup every season and will continue to win the cup every year, regardless of what the rest of the world sees and thinks.

On 8/5/2005 at 4:16 PM, mackel said:

We should sign Sean Burke and platoon him with Legace... cheap and effective goaltending.... and perhaps by the end of the year work in MacDonald, Howard, or someone else as Manny approaches UFA status next summer.

Should we go after a better back up THIS year?

34 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

LOL Why is something that happened over 19 year ago, Brought back up one here. I thought maybe a deal was happening between the two teams not something from freaking 19 years ago.

digging up old threads is a scott r lucidi speciality

12 hours ago, mackel said:

That's from 2005 dude...  19 years ago :-/

1 hour ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

LOL Why is something that happened over 19 year ago, Brought back up one here. I thought maybe a deal was happening between the two teams not something from freaking 19 years ago.

HE MADE A MISTAKE jeezus 

On 2/29/2024 at 10:02 AM, Akakabuto said:

digging up old threads is a scott r lucidi speciality

Yup that's obvious.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:12 AM, Troy McClure said:

HE MADE A MISTAKE jeezus 

Ha Ha Ha A 19 year mistake at that.

Edited by diehardredwingsfan58