• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

Wow, I've been meaning to make a post about this since it happend a few days ago. The heat get Antoine Walker, James Posey, and Jason Williams in a 5 team deal involving 13 players, the biggest in NBA history. They gave up Eddie Jones for these 3 guys, which is unbelievalbe. Walker alone is better than Jones. The Pistons will have a hard time overcoming the heat, especially with a healthy and more mature Dwayne Wade. Hopefully we can acquire one of the rumored names, Finley, Houston, or Rose. I dont even know if that will be enough though. unsure.gif

btw what do you guys think of the Garnett rumors?
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#2 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:16 PM

Miami Heat will be tough to beat, no doubt. BUT they will have no defense what to speak of, Jones was their best defender (who guarded Rip the whole time) and now he is out the door. Wade can't guard crap, Shaq can't guard crap, Williams can't guard crap, and Posey is way over-rated.

No Garnett, we would have to give up way to much. The Pistons are fine just the way they are. They should have won two championships in the past two years, there is absolutely no need for change.

Let everyone ride on the Miami Heat bandwaggon...we'll see who makes it to the Finals with that same stiffling D and a revamped offense.

Edited by dallas27, 06 August 2005 - 04:19 PM.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#3 LondonWing

LondonWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:50 AM

Shaq is way past his best. He could win in the west with Kobe and Phil on board but he can't even win in the east nowadays.

This trade seems like too many moves for a team that wasn't that far away anyway.

#4 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:59 AM

The rumor includes both Wallaces and draft picks...not worth it.

If we could get Garnett for just Sheed and the picks, I'd do it.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#5 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

I don't know that these moves improve the Heat. I'm surprised they shook the team up so much considering how close they came last season. You'd figure another year of experience for Wade and they'd like their chances. The problem with the moves is the chemistry. I'm not talking about in the lockerroom, but on the court. Williams and Walker? Two of the biggest ball hogs in the NBA. Are there enough basketballs on the court for these guys to share? The Heat are about Shaq and then Wade. They'll only go as far as Shaq takes them. He hasn't won a title in the past three seasons despite some strong supporting players. The moves to add talent to the Shaq/Wade core were tried in 2003-4 with the Lakers, and that didn't turn out so well. Sometimes having role players who know their place is more important than talent.

I'm more worried about the Pacers, to be honest. I think they're the strongest team in the East right now, and extremely motivated.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#6 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

Deja vu from last year when everyone said the Heat would kick our butts out of the playoffs (well they came close, but that doesn't count).
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#7 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:51 PM

http://sports.espn.g..._ric&id=2140182

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#8 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:13 AM

miami heat is the best NBA team thumbup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users