• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Miami Heat acquire Walker, Williams, and Posey

Rate this topic

Wow, I've been meaning to make a post about this since it happend a few days ago. The heat get Antoine Walker, James Posey, and Jason Williams in a 5 team deal involving 13 players, the biggest in NBA history. They gave up Eddie Jones for these 3 guys, which is unbelievalbe. Walker alone is better than Jones. The Pistons will have a hard time overcoming the heat, especially with a healthy and more mature Dwayne Wade. Hopefully we can acquire one of the rumored names, Finley, Houston, or Rose. I dont even know if that will be enough though. unsure.gif

btw what do you guys think of the Garnett rumors?

Miami Heat will be tough to beat, no doubt. BUT they will have no defense what to speak of, Jones was their best defender (who guarded Rip the whole time) and now he is out the door. Wade can't guard crap, Shaq can't guard crap, Williams can't guard crap, and Posey is way over-rated.

No Garnett, we would have to give up way to much. The Pistons are fine just the way they are. They should have won two championships in the past two years, there is absolutely no need for change.

Let everyone ride on the Miami Heat bandwaggon...we'll see who makes it to the Finals with that same stiffling D and a revamped offense.

Edited by dallas27

Shaq is way past his best. He could win in the west with Kobe and Phil on board but he can't even win in the east nowadays.

This trade seems like too many moves for a team that wasn't that far away anyway.

I don't know that these moves improve the Heat. I'm surprised they shook the team up so much considering how close they came last season. You'd figure another year of experience for Wade and they'd like their chances. The problem with the moves is the chemistry. I'm not talking about in the lockerroom, but on the court. Williams and Walker? Two of the biggest ball hogs in the NBA. Are there enough basketballs on the court for these guys to share? The Heat are about Shaq and then Wade. They'll only go as far as Shaq takes them. He hasn't won a title in the past three seasons despite some strong supporting players. The moves to add talent to the Shaq/Wade core were tried in 2003-4 with the Lakers, and that didn't turn out so well. Sometimes having role players who know their place is more important than talent.

I'm more worried about the Pacers, to be honest. I think they're the strongest team in the East right now, and extremely motivated.