• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NAVYWING

If we had to trade Dats and Zett

Rate this topic

Dats and Zett are RFA's. Look at the Sabre's RFA's:

Maxim Afinogenov, Milan Bartovic, Martin Biron, Daniel Briere, Brian Campbell, Tim Connolly, J.P. Dumont, Paul Gaustad, Mike Grier, Jochen Hecht, Jeff Jillson, Ales Kotalik, Jay McKee, Sean McMorrow, Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville, Michael Ryan, Henrik Tallinder.

Is there a good trade in there?

I say trade for a Goaltender. I'm not looking forward to Legace starting, as much as I like him.

Justa thought I had, Boston is so cheap, if Detroit cant resign Zetterberg/Datsyuk... I'm doubting Boston has something much better to offer them.

Guest RedWingsChicka

Better idea, remove yourselves from your fantasy dream worlds and pay the man. Datsyuk deserves $4 mill a season, hell even Kariya is getting that.

Better idea, remove yourselves from your fantasy dream worlds and pay the man. Datsyuk deserves $4 mill a season, hell even Kariya is getting that.

Kariya's playoff production.

36 games 14 goals 16 assists 30 points

Datsyuk's playoff production.

37 games 3 goals 9 assists 12 points

Not to mention that regular season production is just about as lopsided.

peace

Guest RedWingsChicka

peace

Big comparison to Datsyuk and Kariya playing along side Selanne for how many years.

You guys will just keep on coming up with the stupidest ways of putting Datsyuk down but its a "great signing" if Karyia is had for $4.5 mill a season. Its great that Berard and Foote make over $4 mill and hell its amazing that Lidstrom makes $7 mill a season but Datsyuk, oh no can't happen, $2.5 mill our trade.

Big comparison to Datsyuk and Kariya playing along side Selanne for how many years.

You guys will just keep on coming up with the stupidest ways of putting Datsyuk down but its a "great signing" if Karyia is had for $4.5 mill a season. Its great that Berard and Foote make over $4 mill and hell its amazing that Lidstrom makes $7 mill a season but Datsyuk, oh no can't happen, $2.5 mill our trade.

The Ducks with Kariya and Selanne only made the playoffs twice. Half of those points/games came after Selanne left. Do you want me to list the Hall of Famers that Pavel has played with in Detroit?

We aren't putting Pavel down. We are expressing his true value. Most of the signings thus far have been inflated with the guys getting overpaid. That happens when teams bid for your services. Our trouble is that we are bidding against a team that is not operating in our system that has seen Pavel win the League and playoff MVP crowns along with a championship. His value to Dynamo is far greater than his value to Detroit.

Personally I'd likely grit my teeth and give Pavel somewhere between $3-3.5M (so long as it doesn't jeopardize Zetterberg's status on the team).

peace

Isn't Kariya getting that much for 2 seasons?

No, they edited the initial report. I think the problem has been that the US and Canada report the contracts differently and we're looking to Canadian websites for confirmation.

US generally writes out "number of years"/"value per year" whereas in Canada they write out "number of years"/"total value of contract" with 2 year deals sometimes it gets confusing cause it could potentially be a great bargain or overpayment depending on how you read it.

peace

We aren't putting Pavel down.  We are expressing his true value.  Most of the signings thus far have been inflated with the guys getting overpaid.  That happens when teams bid for your services.  Our trouble is that we are bidding against a team that is not operating in our system that has seen Pavel win the League and playoff MVP crowns along with a championship.  His value to Dynamo is far greater than his value to Detroit.

Datsyuk's agent should just tell him to stay in Russia then. I'm really getting sick of the whole thing! Zetterberg is the better all around player, resign him, and let Datsyuk stay home. I think signing a guy for $4 Million after only one season of over 60 points is insane! We can sign two solid players for $4 Million for a season, and have money available to sign Thornton if he becomes a FA.

In the long run Dat's will make a lot more playing in North America than in Russia. He's really screwing himself.

peace

Lidstrom, Kariya, and Foote have all been stars in the league for 10+ years.

Lidstrom is the best player in the league. Datsyuk doesn't compare and his salary should not even be mentioned in the discussions.

Robert Lang, who has performed significantly better than Datsyuk, is making 3.8m and is playing on a line ahead of Datsyuk. That is the salary that should be worked off of, not Kariya's.

How does Dats compare to Lang?

As eva said, those guys have been in the league longer. They have a better track record and are all UFA age. Datsyuk has played what, 2 or 3 years, and is still a RFA... most RFAs don't get that kind of money. Besides, if the Wings pay Datsyuk over $4M this time around, how much are they going to have to pay him in his next contract??? Bottom line is, he's good but not that good... and not worth $4M yet.

Datsyuk's agent should just tell him to stay in Russia then. I'm really getting sick of the whole thing! Zetterberg is the better all around player, resign him, and let Datsyuk stay home. I think signing a guy for $4 Million after only one season of over 60 points is insane! We can sign two solid players for $4 Million for a season, and have money available to sign Thornton if he becomes a FA.

In the long run Dat's will make a lot more playing in North America than in Russia. He's really screwing himself.

If Datsyuk wants to sit in Russia we need to think seriously about trading him. He's UFA next year and we'll lose him for nothing.

If Datsyuk wants to sit in Russia we need to think seriously about trading him. He's UFA next year and we'll lose him for nothing.

Dats s not a UFA until 2007.

Datsucks is not better than Kariya. What world do you live in. I hope they resign zetts and get Per Linden, a goalie and maybe two D-men.

1. Osgood: cheap or Biron: $$ or T-bo: trade Manny

2. Zetterberg: 2.5 Million

3. Per Linden: cheap

4. Lindros: cheap

5. Kronwall: cheap

6. Hamrlik: $$ or Simpson: cheap

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Edited by 8888

Dats and Zett are RFA's. Look at the Sabre's RFA's:

Maxim Afinogenov, Milan Bartovic, Martin Biron, Daniel Briere, Brian Campbell, Tim Connolly, J.P. Dumont, Paul Gaustad, Mike Grier, Jochen Hecht, Jeff Jillson, Ales Kotalik, Jay McKee, Sean McMorrow, Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville, Michael Ryan, Henrik Tallinder.

Is there a good trade in there?

I wouldn't trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg for all of those guys...

I don't know about Buffalo, but New Jersey can use some scoring help if Elias is out for the year with Hep C. Hows about Datsyuk for Voros and Ahonen? Voros we get a huge mean right winger and in Ahonen we get a capable net minder ready to take the next step. Trade Legace and a 3rd rounder to and pick up some scoring help.

i like dats for drury, i think we all remember how annyoing that guy is playoff time.

the thing is, i'm sure that unless Golisano and the upper management in Buffal are blind, they also know how Datsyuk is come playoff time. I dont' see them giving up Drury.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules