• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (NAVYWING @ August 5, 2005 - 10:53PM)
Dats and Zett are RFA's. Look at the Sabre's RFA's:
Maxim Afinogenov, Milan Bartovic, Martin Biron, Daniel Briere, Brian Campbell, Tim Connolly, J.P. Dumont, Paul Gaustad, Mike Grier, Jochen Hecht, Jeff Jillson, Ales Kotalik, Jay McKee, Sean McMorrow, Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville, Michael Ryan, Henrik Tallinder.

Is there a good trade in there?

I wouldn't trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg for all of those guys...

#22 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:57 AM

i like dats for drury, i think we all remember how annyoing that guy is playoff time.

Edited by theman19, 09 August 2005 - 11:57 AM.

#23 ToddDaGod

ToddDaGod

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:32 PM

I don't know about Buffalo, but New Jersey can use some scoring help if Elias is out for the year with Hep C. Hows about Datsyuk for Voros and Ahonen? Voros we get a huge mean right winger and in Ahonen we get a capable net minder ready to take the next step. Trade Legace and a 3rd rounder to and pick up some scoring help.

#24 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ August 9, 2005 - 12:57PM)
i like dats for drury, i think we all remember how annyoing that guy is playoff time.

the thing is, i'm sure that unless Golisano and the upper management in Buffal are blind, they also know how Datsyuk is come playoff time. I dont' see them giving up Drury.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 11 August 2005 - 04:03 PM.

ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#25 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:16 PM

If you really need to trade Datsyuk - even if I don't want to see that... but you never know... Why wouldn't you ask for Trent Hunter and some draft picks...??? Mad Millbury would do this one...

Edited by Dominator2005, 11 August 2005 - 06:41 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#26 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

I agree this "Datsyuk and his agent thing" is starting to get that Sergei vibe. That smell only gets worse with age.

I do not want to see him go anywhere. Ditto for Zetterberg.

I also agree with the above post about Drury. That guy has some voodoo magic over the Wings. Tired of seeing him drive games into OT because he scores with 10 seconds left. And then maybe scores the winner.

We'd be better off somehow signing Drury for one season and then just benching him. biggrin.gif He needs a time out.

Next time Drury is in town, can't one of you fans give him some good directions to the Joe Louis Arena? Y'know, the Joe? "Yeah ya wanna take I-75 North to 131. It's inna town called Petosky....have a good game."

#27 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (DaKineMaui @ August 11, 2005 - 06:40PM)
I agree this "Datsyuk and his agent thing" is starting to get that Sergei vibe. That smell only gets worse with age.

I do not want to see him go anywhere. Ditto for Zetterberg.

I also agree with the above post about Drury. That guy has some voodoo magic over the Wings. Tired of seeing him drive games into OT because he scores with 10 seconds left. And then maybe scores the winner.

We'd be better off somehow signing Drury for one season and then just benching him. biggrin.gif He needs a time out.

Next time Drury is in town, can't one of you fans give him some good directions to the Joe Louis Arena? Y'know, the Joe? "Yeah ya wanna take I-75 North to 131. It's inna town called Petosky....have a good game."

Again, why would the sabres get rid of a proven playoff performer and leader of Druy's calibre for Datsyuk's horrendous playoff skills?
ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Lidstrom Rules @ August 12, 2005 - 08:35AM)
QUOTE (DaKineMaui @ August 11, 2005 - 06:40PM)
I agree this "Datsyuk and his agent thing" is starting to get that Sergei vibe.  That smell only gets worse with age.

I do not want to see him go anywhere.  Ditto for Zetterberg.

I also agree with the above post about Drury.  That guy has some voodoo magic over the Wings.  Tired of seeing him drive games into OT because he scores with 10 seconds left.  And then maybe scores the winner.

We'd be better off somehow signing Drury for one season and then just benching him.  biggrin.gif  He needs a time out.

Next time Drury is in town, can't one of you fans give him some good directions to the Joe Louis Arena?  Y'know, the Joe?  "Yeah ya wanna take I-75 North to 131.  It's inna town called Petosky....have a good game."

Again, why would the sabres get rid of a proven playoff performer and leader of Druy's calibre for Datsyuk's horrendous playoff skills?

To get TO the playoffs...Datsyuk would be better for them.

Since Hasek left, Buffalo has not made the playoffs.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."