• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nowhere2005

Relieved Thibault on trading block

Rate this topic

Let the T-Bo lovers rejoice, they even mentioned the Wings in the article. I can hardly wait to hear the overflow of lust that those that want him in Detroit will have. T-Bo is making $2.3 million, sorry, way more than he is worth, and way more than Detroit wants to pay for him.

Detroit gets T-Blow.

Chicago gets a roll of stick tape and a dirty sock worn by Boyd the Void.

Media pundits congratulate Chicago for getting the better end of the deal...

Edited by dteowner

If the injuries he sustained hadn't come up and hadn't been so serious, I would consider this trade and picking up T-bo, but I think it's a quite a gamble, no matter how hard working of a guy he is or how determined he is, those injuries he had are just way to scary.... wink.gif

Thibault is the best goalie available right now. It's worth taking a chance on him rather than go with Osgood.

And give up what?

Thibault costs more, so it hurts the Wings' chances at signing toughness or retaining Datsyuk.

Thibault is worth maybe a late round pick if he's healthy. Osgood comes cheaper, doesn't cost picks or players. Osgood IS also better.

And give up what?

Thibault costs more, so it hurts the Wings' chances at signing toughness or retaining Datsyuk.

Thibault is worth maybe a late round pick if he's healthy. Osgood comes cheaper, doesn't cost picks or players. Osgood IS also better.

For once it would be worth giving up a first pick, even though other teams could probably outbid that. Osgood is cheap and reliable in the regular season, that's about it. I'd rather take a chance on Thibault who could give Detroit a legitimate shot at getting past the first round. His potential is much higher than Osgood's IMO.

Kipper really has to prove he's not the next Giggy, so I don't know that I'll give you much for that point. As for Khabi, he had an excellent reputation prior to last season--if you're trying to put T-Blow in the same area code as Khabi, we're wasting our time with this discussion.

T-Blow hasn't shown anyone anything. He's got nothing post-season and, even if you excuse that since he's been buried with the Blackhawks, he doesn't have that much regular season either.

Kipper really has to prove he's not the next Giggy, so I don't know that I'll give you much for that point.  As for Khabi, he had an excellent reputation prior to last season--if you're trying to put T-Blow in the same area code as Khabi, we're wasting our time with this discussion.

T-Blow hasn't shown anyone anything.  He's got nothing post-season and, even if you excuse that since he's been buried with the Blackhawks, he doesn't have that much regular season either.

Boy oh boy you are a tough one. What I'm saying is, you never know who the next goalie to pull a Giguere will be. Khabibulin had only won one series prior to last season and Kipprusoff had only one single playoff win. Let's worry about pulling a Giguere after having got past the second round for a change. If you think Osgood is the guy, THEN we're wasting our time.

Edited by RyanBarnes!

Thibault falls apart faster in the playoffs almost as quick as Chokemonic. The best goalie available is Chris Osgood, a proven, stanley cup winner, whp's 2nd overall in Detroit Shutouts and has the ability to solid throughout the season and playoffs.

Thibault falls apart faster in the playoffs almost as quick as Chokemonic. The best goalie available is Chris Osgood, a proven, stanley cup winner, whp's 2nd overall in Detroit Shutouts and has the ability to solid throughout the season and playoffs.

Cechmanek's stats are actually pretty similar to Khabibulin's prior to the last season. Only one series win. Osgood is the safe pick, but not necessarily the best pick. The guy hasn't won a playoff series since 99-00, when Detroit beat the Kings 4-0 and then lost to the Avs 4-1. In 00-01 the Kings beat us 4-2. His great games are all past him. Osgood is nothing but a regular season goalie.

Kipper really has to prove he's not the next Giggy, so I don't know that I'll give you much for that point.  As for Khabi, he had an excellent reputation prior to last season--if you're trying to put T-Blow in the same area code as Khabi, we're wasting our time with this discussion.

T-Blow hasn't shown anyone anything.  He's got nothing post-season and, even if you excuse that since he's been buried with the Blackhawks, he doesn't have that much regular season either.

Boy oh boy you are a tough one. What I'm saying is, you never know who the next goalie to pull a Giguere will be. Khabibulin had only won one series prior to last season and Kipprusoff had only one single playoff win. Let's worry about pulling a Giguere after having got past the second round for a change. If you think Osgood is the guy, THEN we're wasting our time.

Fair enough.

I'd say Ozzie is the best available combination of talent and cost.

If Buttman gets to push thru his agenda, scoring in the league will be up. The need for a "lights out" goalie drops in that sort of scenerio. Who was the money goalie of the 80s? Probably Grant Fuhr. Check out his GAA. I doubt the league will ever get back to that level of offense, but it's not going to be a situation where the only way to win is from the net out like it is today.

Besides, if you want to hitch your wagon to a hot goalie, there ain't nobody more streaky than Ozzie, right?

And give up what?

For once it would be worth giving up a first pick, even though other teams could probably outbid that. Osgood is cheap and reliable in the regular season, that's about it. I'd rather take a chance on Thibault who could give Detroit a legitimate shot at getting past the first round. His potential is much higher than Osgood's IMO.

Getting past the first round? That would require Thibault to match his career playoff wins number in one series. Dude is 4-11 in the postseason. He won one game in 95, two in 96, and one in 02. He was held decisionless in 98 (with a 5.58 GAA and .800 sv pct!!!) and had three losses in 97.

His career playoff numbers are: 4-11, 3.57 GAA, .900 sv pct, 0 SO.

Osgood, by comparison, is 44-33, 2.22, .916, with 10 SO.

Osgood also has won playoff series before. Thibault has not.

Give it up.

About as many Stanley Cups as Khabibulin prior to his win last season, and more wins than Kipprusoff prior to those he had last season. sly.gif

Kiprusoff wasn't a ten year veteran last season. In fact, he had played part of one season as the backup goaltender.

And give up what?

Getting past the first round? That would require Thibault to match his career playoff wins number in one series. Dude is 4-11 in the postseason. He won one game in 95, two in 96, and one in 02. He was held decisionless in 98 (with a 5.58 GAA and .800 sv pct!!!) and had three losses in 97.

His career playoff numbers are: 4-11, 3.57 GAA, .900 sv pct, 0 SO.

Osgood, by comparison, is 44-33, 2.22, .916, with 10 SO.

Osgood also has won playoff series before. Thibault has not.

Give it up.

Thibault hasn't played on the best of teams yet, so there's room for improvement. Osgood on the other hand is a veteran who hasn't won a playoff series since 99-00, when the Red WIngs beat the Kings 4-0 and later got beat by the Avs 4-1.