• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stockholm-wing

Detroit forces Liv to stay in Sweden

Rate this topic

Article in Expressen

In short the article says that because of the bad treatment Liv got from HV71 last season he wants to leave the team and play somewhere else.

Detroit doesn't want to bring him over and let him play in the minors because they think that SEL is a good league to keep developing in according to scout HÃ¥kan Andersson

Detroit still have interest in Liv and HÃ¥kan says that he shouldn't worry " The best goalkeepers usually peak around 35"

He's a Swedish goalie in the system.

I'm kinda surprised Detroit doesn't want him over here.

As am I... However, he still needs time to develop. Him and Howard will hopefully stick with us and turn into something great in a few years.

How old is Liv? and doesn't 35 seem old to peek at? is that true do most goalies peek around 35? when did, Hasek, Roy, Broduer, or Cheveldae peek?

Yes...... I believe each are different according to ability etc. but peak age to me seems to be around 30 or 31 and reaction time and that seems to disipate in the late 30's... IMHO

I guess the ideal situation for all our top prospect goalies is that they are the #1 and log alot of high intensity ice time and develop. If we've got one over here already it makes sense to keep Liv over there. There's hundreds of leagues though, I don't see why they can't just move him to another.

when did, Hasek, Roy, Broduer, or Cheveldae peek?

How can you even mention Cheveldae's name in this group???

For him, the answer is easy...his rookie season, which is the only year that he really showed any sort of promise (although even then he tended to wander a bit and flop around on the ice like a fish out of water...)

Even if the article suggests differently, I take it that Detroit's interest in Liv has cooled significantly after last season. I also suspect that an additional reason for not bringing Liv over is that they don't want to pay the extra fee for placing Liv (a third pick) in the minors. According to the new CBA the fee would be around $100-150K, if I'm not mistaken.

For him, the answer is easy...his rookie season, which is the only year that he really showed any sort of promise (although even then he tended to wander a bit and flop around on the ice like a fish out of water...)

blush.gif I put it there because I seem to read his name way more than I should on this board, so I thought I'd join the crowd, be one of the big boys and throw a joke in there, but as you can see I'm just a 2 post draftee. smile.gif

exclamation.gifexclamation.gifexclamation.gif

thats like saying Marino, Elway, Montanna and Batch!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WingsRock1371

blush.gif I put it there because I seem to read his name way more than I should on this board, so I thought I'd join the crowd, be one of the big boys and throw a joke in there, but as you can see I'm just a 2 post draftee. smile.gif

Okay...I thought for a moment there that someone actually thought he belonged in that grouping...

Welcome to LGW...

studies show the peak of players is 27-31

Harvard did a study of this a while back to see who was better, lemieux or Gretzky in their prime... they showed that at 27, Lemieux would have been better than Gretzky, had they played in the same time

I think Liv should be playing for the Wings, but not because of his ability.

He should be up with the big club because he has a goalie mask with Britney Spears on it, and he dances on the ice during breaks in the action.

He should be up with the big club because he has a goalie mask with Britney Spears on it, and he dances on the ice during breaks in the action.

rotflmao.gif LMFAO IVE HEARD ABOUT THIS

Ya no kidding, the NHL could use more colourful guys like him.

rotflmao.gif