• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bliz

Legace

Rate this topic

In one of the articles on the Wings signing Osgood, I saw that Manny actually has a bigger contract. So, I wonder, why not deal him? Is around $1.1 million worth a backup goalie--even arguably the best backup in the league? Yes, he's steady and reliable, but few people in the Wings' organization appear to have much confidence he's #1 material. The backup job would then go to Joey MacDonald, and that would probably trim several hundred thousand in payroll. Additionally, it would give us a clear-cut starter and backup, eliminating any kind of controversy.

Thoughts?

Holland has already clearly stated he will not trade Legace and he is going to go with the Osgood/Legace tandem in net. This makes perfect sense because we get strong goaltending and backup plans every single game for 2 million dollars, whereas most other teams are paying out the ears for good goaltending. We already have it. Osgood said he is looking forward to kicking ass with Legace. There won't be much, if at all, any controversy this season.

Well, when you have two quality goaltenders pushing each other for the #1 spot, the team can benefit GREATLY.

And, like what was said earlier, $2 mil for 2 quality goaltenders is a helluva deal. That said, I'm rooting for Manny to emerge as the #1 over Ozzie. But I'm not counting on it...

Well, when you have two quality goaltenders pushing each other for the #1 spot, the team can benefit GREATLY.

And, like what was said earlier, $2 mil for 2 quality goaltenders is a helluva deal. That said, I'm rooting for Manny to emerge as the #1 over Ozzie. But I'm not counting on it...

Don't count on it.

Because as good as Manny is, Osgood is way better.

Holland has already clearly stated he will not trade Legace and he is going to go with the Osgood/Legace tandem in net. This makes perfect sense because we get strong goaltending and backup plans every single game for 2 million dollars, whereas most other teams are paying out the ears for good goaltending. We already have it. Osgood said he is looking forward to kicking ass with Legace. There won't be much, if at all, any controversy this season.

Do you have a link to where Holland "clearly stated he will not trade Legace"?

I don't remeber ever hearing this. Also having MacDonald as a backup makes way more sense, then possibly losing him to the waiver draft.

I don't remeber ever hearing this. Also having MacDonald as a backup makes way more sense, then possibly losing him to the waiver draft.

There is no more waiver draft.

Only way we can lose Macdonald is by normal waivers, which he would have to clear to go to the minors.

However, Detroit has been trying to sign Howard to play in the minors.

If Detroit signs Howard, Macdonald is probably done with Detroit. Legace is going to be in Red and White at leats for a couple more months, and Howard would have the job in Grand Rapids. Unless Holland sits Macdonald at the NHL level, which would only fuel trade speculation.

Macdonald should be traded if they are hanging on to Legace....better than losing him for nothing.

Only way we can lose Macdonald is by normal waivers, which he would have to clear to go to the minors.

If Detroit signs Howard, Macdonald is probably done with Detroit. Legace is going to be in Red and White at leats for a couple more months, and Howard would have the job in Grand Rapids. Unless Holland sits Macdonald at the NHL level, which would only fuel trade speculation.

Macdonald should be traded if they are hanging on to Legace....better than losing him for nothing.

You are correct, there is no more waiver draft, I was not thinking clearly. I just meant he would have to clear waivers. I however would rather have a goalie in the system that actually has a chance to be the starter. Manny will never be the starter & I can't imagine paying your backup more than your starter.

You are correct, there is no more waiver draft, I was not thinking clearly. I just meant he would have to clear waivers. I however would rather have a goalie in the system that actually has a chance to be the starter. Manny will never be the starter & I can't imagine paying your backup more than your starter.

What makes you think Macdonald has a shot?

He had a good year last year in the minors, he's young still. Unlike Manny he has not had 12 seasons in the NHL as a backup. I'm not saying he is going to start this season, but if he is in the Wings future it would be nice for him to learn as the backup at the NHL level.

He had a good year last year in the minors, he's young still. Unlike Manny he has not had 12 seasons in the NHL as a backup. I'm not saying he is going to start this season, but if he is in the Wings future it would be nice for him to learn as the backup at the NHL level.

Osgood will start this year...possibly next year as well.

Macdonald would be going against Howard and Liv for the job if both Ozzie and Legace were gone. Even with potentially 20 NHL games under his career, he would still not have nearly the length of experience as a starter that Liv and Howard have.

I was going to say the same thing. It's working very well for Minnesota. Neither guy there is a standout, but both are solid and both are constantly pushed to be at their best if they want to play. This system doesn't allow either goalie to get too comfortable in his role.

Osgood will start this year...possibly next year as well.

Macdonald would be going against Howard and Liv for the job if both Ozzie and Legace were gone. Even with potentially 20 NHL games under his career, he would still not have nearly the length of experience as a starter that Liv and Howard have.

The Wings were very disappointed in the progression of Liv, & have said MacDaonald had passed him on the depth chart. So now you have Howard who wants to play his senior season at Main & Macdonald.

hey, theman19 whats so bad about hasek, he was a awesome goalie for us??

"4. Dominic hasek (you gave us a cup,...good for you. With the 02 wings i could have played goal and beat the hurricant's. ohh i'm hurt, wait i'm not, wait i am but only on your team.)"

i'll admit it,.... i'm bitter about the hasek thing. He was my hero when he played for buffalo and when he won us the cup i was so happy. But then he did that super cop out move with his groin and did all he could to get out. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. I cheered for him for so many years and he just screwed my team. Same thing for feds and i'm probably gonna feel that way about dats soon. sucks but thems the bricks.

Edited by theman19

hey, theman19 whats so bad about hasek, he was a awesome goalie for us??

"4. Dominic hasek (you gave us a cup,...good for you. With the 02 wings i could have played goal and beat the hurricant's. ohh i'm hurt, wait i'm not, wait i am but only on your team.)"

We didn't need Hasek vs. the Canes. We did need him in the WCF. The ONLY game in the WCF that we did not need him was Game 7, and we wouldn't have made it to game 7 w/out him.

I'm stationed in CO. During game 7 I was driving home... changed out of uniform into my wings jersey... had the top down on my car so everyone could see my colors and cheered for those first 2 goals before I got home. Got a LOT of honks, fingers & dirty looks on that drive home.

Thankfully I got home in time to see Patty pulled from the ice.

Edited by ColdWarrior

Since Detroit are looking for another goalie thats probably because their thinking of trading Legace and I think that they should trie trading him to Montreal for Richard Zednik since their always trying to trade him tu get big names and they dont have a proven back up and have trouble re-signing Theodore. For a back up goalie detroit should go for Brent Johnson he might sign for 800k or less