5 replies to this topic

#1 PRStoetzer

PRStoetzer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:09 AM

Lindros Correction. Bondra, Hamrlik, and Chat
My apologies...I screwed up folks. Lindros is a few games short of the same clause that enabled Allison to get his deal, as pointed out by Paul Hunter in today's story in the Toronto Star. I was misinforned, and dead wrong. This being said, the Lindros war is still waging. Columbus is a factor.

On to Bondra. He is coming over next week and will likely visit some cities to see if he likes the areas. There is alot of interest according top a source. Teams currently involved Detroit, LA, Atlanta, and the NY Rangers.

And the other top free agent defensman left is Roman Hamrlik...He is reportedly closer to a deal, that could be rather substantial. Toronto, Detroit, Vancouver, Calgary and Carolina are currently in discussions for Roman.

Anson Carter is doing a physical with the Leafs today and could sign by Friday.

I will be holding an Insider Chat at 3pm ET today, and a chat Q & A in the main room at 4pm...go to www.hockeychatter.com to register for chats.

Insiders, check your email for password.

# posted by Eklund @ 11:54 AM

#2 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

Remember when Bondra played for the Detroit Vipers, he already knows this area.

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Diamonds @ August 11, 2005 - 09:04PM)
Remember when Bondra played for the Detroit Vipers, he already knows this area.

and he played with Lang. I'd like to see him here. thumbup.gif
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:52 PM

i would like to see bondra come to detroit but not for a multi-year contract

#5 larionov_8

larionov_8

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

I agree with the one year comment. The guy is soft as butter but he'll be a scoring threat no matter where he goes. Sure, if he were to sign here, people will complain that we are too small and old - and this may be true - but don't forget we've got some good defensive players and some forms of grit on this team...drapes maltby holmstrom are all gritty in their own right.

#6 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

ya i can see bondra doing good with the red wings, common bondra sign with the wings!