• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PRStoetzer

Eklund: Detroit in on Bondra and Hamrlik

Rate this topic

Lindros Correction. Bondra, Hamrlik, and Chat

My apologies...I screwed up folks. Lindros is a few games short of the same clause that enabled Allison to get his deal, as pointed out by Paul Hunter in today's story in the Toronto Star. I was misinforned, and dead wrong. This being said, the Lindros war is still waging. Columbus is a factor.

On to Bondra. He is coming over next week and will likely visit some cities to see if he likes the areas. There is alot of interest according top a source. Teams currently involved Detroit, LA, Atlanta, and the NY Rangers.

And the other top free agent defensman left is Roman Hamrlik...He is reportedly closer to a deal, that could be rather substantial. Toronto, Detroit, Vancouver, Calgary and Carolina are currently in discussions for Roman.

Anson Carter is doing a physical with the Leafs today and could sign by Friday.

I will be holding an Insider Chat at 3pm ET today, and a chat Q & A in the main room at 4pm...go to www.hockeychatter.com to register for chats.

Insiders, check your email for password.

# posted by Eklund @ 11:54 AM

I agree with the one year comment. The guy is soft as butter but he'll be a scoring threat no matter where he goes. Sure, if he were to sign here, people will complain that we are too small and old - and this may be true - but don't forget we've got some good defensive players and some forms of grit on this team...drapes maltby holmstrom are all gritty in their own right.