• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaKineMaui

TOUGH GUY! (this season)

Rate this topic

Do the Wings need to sign a FIGHTER?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, I voted no. Mainly because I don't think we will need to fight as much. Plus we have smaller fighters. EX: Maltby, Draper, Bootland. Even Holmstrom and Shanahan drop the gloves sometimes. I think we'll be ok.

Ok, I voted no. Mainly because I don't think we will need to fight as much. Plus we have smaller fighters. EX: Maltby, Draper, Bootland. Even Holmstrom and Shanahan drop the gloves sometimes. I think we'll be ok.

Maltby, Draper and Holmstrom? Please! rolleyes.gif

Bootland is a middleweight and Shanahan is a shadow of his former self. Detroit needs a tough guy badly.

Yeah we need one, unless we play Bootland this season. I love that guy, and here's hoping we put him on our roster just for a little excitement. And here's hoping he causes one....

maltby,draper, and holmstrom fighters? blink.gif

We need a fighter bad, expecially since we lost hatcher and McCarty.

I cannot emphasize the yes vote any further.

If there is going to be less fighting why are all the other teams signing and trading for capable tough players?

As it presently stands the Red Wings are going to sodomized physically this season. When Ken Holland wants to get bigger there is a crises.

Even though tough guys kinda have the rules stacked against them, the Wings still need someone to do their dirty work. I think we'll probably see even fewer fights this season, but it would be great to see a big, hard-hitting winger added to the Wings' roster. If he can also fight, outstanding.

Yes.We need to go back in time and bring Probie back...minus the coke.

In all seriousness,yes.We need somebody who can drop his gloves and then drop his opponent.We need somebody who will let people know they won't get away with knocking our guys around.We need an enforcer more than anything.I'm confident in our scoring,our defense,and our goaltending.I'm worried that we'll get pushed around.We can't let that happen.

We need somebody who will let people know they won't get away with knocking our guys around.We need an enforcer more than anything.I'm confident in our scoring,our defense,and our goaltending.I'm worried that we'll get pushed around.We can't let that happen.

EXACTLY.....could not agree more. Watching hockey on some nights, I do NOT care how good the D is or the scoring should be or how hot the goalkeep is - if you're getting pushed around like a bi**H every shift and no calls are being made? You're not going to win that night.

Complain all you want that night - OR - have someone who can take care of it in the first period next time.

i dont think a tough guy is one of the main priorities

i think you're right. however, a tough guy should be one of the main priorities. i watch a ton of college hockey (as i have easy access), and most of the "new" rules have been in place in the ncaa for a while. the nhl won't change all that much, a tough guy will always be needed.

who is a cheap UFA tough guy that we could get?

Theirs Steve Webb, Peter Worrell, Sandy McCarthy, Todd Simpson, Lance Ward, Shawn Thornton, Jim McKenzie, Brad Brown and P.J. Stock

The Wings are in Desperate NEED of a tough guy! A tough guy does sooo much more than drop the gloves! He is the unmoveable object and the irresistable force rolled into one! He has a presence that plays on his opponents fears, keeping them in line & off their game! It's a huge, important job and no one on the Wings has been getting it done for a long time now. And this fact is at the very heart of all the Wings recent playoff woes.

New Rules...New Schmules. The team with a true tough guy, with a good head on his shoulders, who knows his role, will always have an advantage in the NHL.

And Dude! Whoever up there was listing Homer as a tough guy.......?!?!?

I Love Homer and what he brings to the team...but a tough guy?!? LMAO

Desperately need a tough guy/enforcer. The Wings had fewer fights than any team in the NHL last year, we can't afford to get any softer. We need to keep the opposition honest and open up room for our skill players. Teams can be intimidated and it DOES affect their play. The only fit i see is Todd Simpson or some young guy just coming up.

i said no, we dont need to fight too much with teh new rules

Rules? You really think these guys care about rules? They haven't played NHL hockey for a year, they will be itching for an NHL fight. Opening night is going to be explosive fightingwise. Who will fight Downey on opening night, Bootland?

The Wings need a toughguy, bottom line.

Edited by Neil#25

Even though tough guys kinda have the rules stacked against them, the Wings still need someone to do their dirty work. I think we'll probably see even fewer fights this season, but it would be great to see a big, hard-hitting winger added to the Wings' roster. If he can also fight, outstanding.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif