• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fightfan24

Red Wings first tough guy invite to camp...

Rate this topic

Supposedly, after he went to camp with Hartford and was the last one cut, he thought his poopy didn't stink  and he was a bit too cocky for the locker room. He's got some growing up to do, but he's worth the wait

Hmmm... Nothing Shanahan probably couldn't help with. Sounds like a great risk to take. Leadership and maturity is something we have an abundance of.

Numbers shmumbers............Get a contract in front of this punk ASAP.

Cut for being arrogant? Bad attitude? Cocky? Some call that 'swagger'.

We could use some of that stuff. I agree - we're due from some excitement.

And that name? Just makes it a no-brainer, so to speak.

Go vote in this thread too >>TOUGH GUY poll.

Numbers shmumbers............Get a contract in front of this punk ASAP.

Cut for being arrogant? Bad attitude? Cocky? Some call that 'swagger'.

We could use some of that stuff. I agree - we're due from some excitement.

And that name? Just makes it a no-brainer, so to speak.

Go vote in this thread too >>TOUGH GUY poll.

I agree this team can use all the swag it can get.

He might be a good addition to Grand Rapids or our ECHL team but I'd rather see someone established added to the Wings. It'll be interesting to see how he does in camp, though. The Wings have done pretty well the last few years with young free agents.

He might be a good addition to Grand Rapids or our ECHL team but I'd rather see someone established added to the Wings. It'll be interesting to see how he does in camp, though. The Wings have done pretty well the last few years with young free agents.

I doubt he'll make the big club, but he could easily put fans in the seats. A guy by the name of Big Snake that is big and a pain in the ass, could easily make fans not so bitter about losing McCarty. I would love to see him wear the winged wheel this season.

Cut for being arrogant?  Bad attitude?  Cocky?  Some call that 'swagger'.

If it starts to rub off on teammates and causes problems in the locker room, that's not a good thing. Especially when the locker room is full of high school-age kids. It can ruin a team. "One rotten apple spoils the bunch"

Edited by joshy207

If it starts to rub off on teammates and causes problems in the locker room, that's not a good thing. Especially when the locker room is full of high school-age kids. It can ruin a team. "One rotten apple spoils the bunch"

Thats when you sit him down and have a talk -- I cannot see a veteran team like Detroit getting shaken up by a prospect. He would be a nice project.

Thats when you sit him down and have a talk -- I cannot see a veteran team like Detroit getting shaken up by a prospect. He would be a nice project.

EXACTLY......something new. A new project.

He'd fill the tough-guy void too. And still, just his name is worth league minimum.

And also, EXACTLY on a potential locker room problem. In the time it's taking me to type this, Captain Yzerman could have ANY player on this roster pack their bags, board a bus and get sent away to wherever. Quicker than Babcock could is my guess.

Besides, the risk? League minimum and a few months of regular season hockey.....maybe 5 minutes ice time a night. Max him out at 8 minutes. Hell - scratch him or bench him.

Be forewarned: FILLING your entire roster with "experienced" players that have "proven" skills is a thing of the past.

Let's have some fun with it is all.

OK.....now let's find that red dot at center ice and drop a puck on it!

thumbup.gif

Big Snake's WHL team released him during their training camp, and no other WHL team wanted him. After he cleared waivers, Owen Sound, in the OHL, gambled on him, and they even sent him home during last season. He also got suspended just before the OHL playoffs for abusing on an on-ice official.

There were many stories about Big Snake constantly breaking the team rules and being a bad influence in the lockroom.

I saw Big Snake go after a linesman, trying to put him in the penalty box, at a Plymouth Whaler game.

There's a reason he was signed in the UHL - remember this is the league that had a coach punch a player on the opposing team last season.

I saw him twice this season here in Plymouth; he's the type of guy you hate playing against but on your team you'd love him. He was benched coming down the stretch for the playoffs but when you have the skill Owen Sound had sitting him didn't hurt them.

I saw him twice this season here in Plymouth; he's the type of guy you hate playing against but on your team you'd love him. He was benched coming down the stretch for the playoffs but when you have the skill Owen Sound had sitting him didn't hurt them.

That's why they lost 4 straight to Kitchener, right?