• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroit313

whose #1?

Rate this topic

who will be the #1 goaltender for the wings this season?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they'll share it, Minnesota-style. Pretty much go every other game, and ride a hot goalie when you've got one. I'd be surprised if either of them played over 52 games, or less than 32. Again, the hot goalie will play in the playoffs.

I voted for Manny.

(Kind of a bummer we have these 2 to choose from.)

I'd just like to once again thank Bettman for coming up with a system that forces successfully run, winning, 100 yr old teams to rebuild in 60 days! crazy.gif

While the shoddy, neglected, unpopular, poorly managed, short-term teams just sit back and whip out a stack of contracts and the checkbook and drink a glass of "Insta-Contender".

Aloha biggrin.gif

(I'm off the meds now.)

That goes without saying, Osgoode. But what makes it so great is that we have Legace as backup. That's the only reason we can afford to risk Osgoode as #1.

Of course all I just said there also goes without saying.

ozzie and manny where up at Joe & Lewie's Penalty Box in fenton the other night together so thats a good sign

It's not like they're pissed at each other or anything. This isn't Dom "Overfiend of the Superego" Hasek and Joseph. They'll just be competing for the number one is all. They've done it before, so no big deal.

It's not like they're pissed at each other or anything. This isn't Dom "Overfiend of the Superego" Hasek and Joseph. They'll just be competing for the number one is all. They've done it before, so no big deal.

really i was just saying they were up there dang bite my head off

Manny will play most of his game (about 25-30) before the all-star break. And Ozzy will begin to see the lions share more and more down the stretch.

It won't be the kind of lopsided number like 00-01 though

Before midseason, they had each played about half.

After midseason, Legace played 5 games and Osgood played the rest. Wings had February undefeated that year remember? First month in club history..I think Ozzie played all but one of the games.

I think its mannys job to lose. I believe the only concern on the wings part is whether he can go the distance and play consistently for so many games which is something he is not used to so they'll have osgood ready to jump in. Put me down for Legace to start and hopefully he is allowed to prove himself if he faulters which wasn't the case in 04 filling in for joseph when he got yanked for one bad game which doesn't really send the right message to a goalie not used to playing more than 1 or 2 games in a row in which for which he did exceptionally well in my opinion.

Edited by gio17vani

I think its mannys job to lose. I believe the only concern on the wings part is whether he can go the distance and play consistently for so many games which is something he is not used to so they'll have osgood ready to jump in. Put me down for Legace to start and hopefully he is allowed to prove himself if he faulters which wasn't the case in 04 filling in for joseph when he got yanked for one bad game which doesn't really send the right message to a goalie not used to playing more than 1 or 2 games in a row in which for which he did exceptionally well in my opinion.

why would it be manny's job to lose?

Osgood has won 200+ games as a Wing, 300+ overall. He's got career stats that compare favorably to Hall of Famers and just came off one of his statistically better years on one of the worst teams in the NHL. He is the second best goalie in Wings history. He was scouted heavily by then-scout, now-GM Ken Holland since the age of 16 an became a family friend because they lived in the same city.

Legace has never been a starter, but has shown the ability. He has not shown he has the stamina.

Holland has said neither has the job locked up.

If it's any goalie's job to lose, it's Osgood's.

agreed eva, osgood has two cups under his belt. One of which he won as the starter. Plus he's extremly well know to the team and the wings front office. I doubt highly they would go out and get him, and him sign for a song, only to play back up. It's osgoods job to lose.